|A Mafia Carol|
|Link||Game thread: A Mafia Carol BTSC threads|
|Winning Faction||Goodies and Indy|
|First to Die||Shad|
|Last Remaining||Benjer, Marth, Melanoid, Nana, Kronos, Segul|
It began on December 08, 2013 and ended in a Goodies and Indie win in D2 (December 13).
Game Mechanics Edit
- RID Kill > Block > Redirect > Kill (Not NK)
- Kills are not blocking
- Successful blocks and Saves will be shown in NP, kills will be shown. Since blocks are shown in the NP, Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come will also be shown.
- Target Spy will know whom his target targetted.
- Spies won't be told if they got redirected.
- If Little Tim is acted on by the baddies on N3 and that being the third time they have acted on him, he will survive.
- Tie Rules: D1 ties - no lynch; D2 ties - random lynch
GOODIES: WINCON - Find the three spirits!! (AKA kill the baddies)
- Ebeneezer Scrooge - A grasping, covetous old man, the surviving partner of the firm of Scrooge and Marley. Immune to death as long as Ghost of Past is alive. Vote multiplier, can make his vote worth 2x
- Bob Cratchit - The kind-hearted clerk to Scrooge. Target Spy
- Tim Cratchit (Tiny Tim) - A cripple, youngest son of Bob Cratchit. RID Kill, will die during the third night because of sickness, unless the baddies have acted on him 3 times.
- Belle - A comely matron, an old sweetheart of Scrooge's. Save
- Fred - Scrooge's nephew. Block
- d*** Wilkins - A fellow apprentice of Scrooge's Advent Calender! Each night will be a new one for Mr.Wilkins. His action will be randomized between Kill, Block, Redirect, Role Spy and Save
- Mr Fezziwig - A kind-hearted, jovial old merchant. RID lynch save
Baddies: WINCON - Get Ebenezeer to become a nice soul! (AKA - gain majority (changed because "kill ALL goodies" might be misinterpreted.)
- Ghost of Christmas Past - A phantom showing things past. Choose 2 targets. What happened to target Y during the previous night will happen to target X this night.
- Ghost of Christmas Present - A spirit of a kind, generous, and hearty nature. Choose 2 targets. What will happen to target X will now happen to target Y and vice versa during this night
- Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come - An apparition showing the shadows of things which yet may happen. Choose 1 target, i.e. X. The action and target X submits during the active night, will happen next night instead. Thus if X saves Y during N2, but gets targetted by Yet to Come, X will save Y during N3. Yet to Come can not choose the same target in a row.
Their kill has no carrier. However, in the NP it will be Ghost of Past that does the kill during N1, Present during N2 and Yet to Come during N3. This will continue on in a cycle. For flavour only.
Indy WINCON = Ghost of Past must die and then Marley needs to die before Scrooge. Alternatively: Survive until the end, can win with anyone.
Host's Summary Edit
Game Idea and Expectations Edit
Sooo... the baddies got wiped out fast. Very fast, sadly. I did not believe this would end on D2. :x
I have decided to give the MVP to Marth. Because while his RID on N1 was just a guess, it really threw the game for the baddies. He was also active (just like Nana) in baddie searching and helped clearing people.
Winning Faction Edit
Day and Night Posts Edit
Christmas Eve was soon to come and every gentleman and lady in London were looking forward to the holiday. Except for one gentleman. "Humbug!" yelled Ebeneezer Scrooge to his workers when they asked about a Christmas break. "But sir", pleaded Bob Cratchit, "What about our families? We need to spend time with them." The others agreed, but Mr.Scrooge blurted out: "Time is money! Nay I say!" The wretched man was silent for a moment, until a menacing grin spread on his face. "Okay then, only because I am a gentleman. You will get your "Christmas break", but I will take that off your salary! Now off you go! We have work to do!"
Bob Cratchit and the other fellows had to accept those cruel conditions.
Meanwhile, at a place far away, yet so close, three figures discussed the matters of Scrooge. "His soul is as black as the winter nights! Something has to be done!" One figure cried. "Alrighty I agree!" another one laughed. "Let's give 'im the spooks, we make it chill down to his bones and hopefully it will turn 'im into a better man!" The third one stayed silent, but his presence was dormant. Nevertheless, the three fellows agreed and started scheming for a better Christmas Eve.
At this time, Scrooge had already been visited by his old friend Jacob Marley, though in a more ghastly appearance. However, it was not enough for the spectre of his old friend. No, he knew by heart that Scrooge would need a friendly push to achieve salvation and avoid the same chains Marley wears.
The clock played its usual melody. It said precisely 12.00. It was midnight and Shad could not sleep even if the Queen told her so. The lass was too excited for the upcoming holiday. Right after the last chime from her clock, a knocking sound could be heard from her window. Curious, she went up from bed, ventured towards the source of the sound and opened up her window. She was shocked. There floated a delightful little girl. Ghost of Christmas Past whispered: Unfortunately, you must pay the price for the dog Scrooge. Come with me, you will experience the days of old forever." Shad reached her hand and was gone. Forever.
Nana was coming home late from a fancy party she had attended with Fred. As the gentleman he was, he had insisted on escorting her home. "The nights of London can be dangerous for a fair lady", he had said and gotten a sigh as a response from Nana. Sadly for Nana, Fred is quite the talkative chap, and left her home early in the morrow. She couldn't get anything done!
A peculiar thing approached Segul in the dead of night. It was.. terrifying. It worn only a big black cloak which hid its face. It was Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come. It reached out to Segul and grabbed him. Whatever Segul was going to do tonight, will happen the next evening.
Lastly, but oh not so least, Hachi had seen a poor little fellow amidst the dark street. He hurried himself to aid the little thing and saw that it was none other than Tiny Tim. He escorted him back to the Cratchit's house, as any nice citizen would. Tiny Tim made a violent cough and said: "Thank you sir, a merry Christmas to you!" Hachi's eyes teared up for the cruel fate the poor chap was going to face and locked himself in his room, never to be seen again.
Summary of Actions:
They had been at some places noisy whilst at other times quiet. At first it looked like the gentleman Kronos would face the gallows. However, it seemed like the good citizens had decided to show the chap some mercy. "It is Christmas afterall!" They cried! But just when it looked like London's streets would be peaceful, a lad with papers came strolling by. "TODAY'S NEWSPAPER! JAY GOLD HANGED IN TIMES SQUARE!" The mob hurried towards the scene and saw sir Jay's body turn into dust. A giant, thick man with a great beard flew out and disappeared. They scratched their heads. Ghost of Christmas Present had left with a hearty laughter, just like usual.
|Night 2: Freshly fallen snow|
The streets of London were serene. Despite the darker days London were heading to, at least the nights had gotten much brighter thanks to the snow. Slick saw this as a perfect opportunity to go for a walk. He was happy with himself, indeed, all christmas presents were bought and ready to be opened. He starred up to the sky and let out a sigh for the falling snow's beauty. But suddenly, a glowing light beamed out from a house he had never seen before. It was a peculiar sight and Slick decided to knock on the door. "Hohoho!" echoed a great voice. "MERRY CHRISTMAS! COME IN MY GENTLEMAN!" Slick opened the door carefully and was greeted by a sight he would never forget. There was a table, filled with all kinds of delicacies and a giant man sitting on a chair right next to it. It was the Ghost of Christmas Present!
"Were you not dead?" Slick stuttered.
Meanwhile Fred was yet again venturing out with Nana. It seemed like the man had gotten himself a date with her ladyship, or at least so he thought, in his mind Nana was swooning over him. In truth she didn't have the heart to reject him, especially not in Christmas days! So she had prepared herself for yet another... quite talkative night with no free time. She was just about to sigh when she saw Benjer on his way home. She invited him hastily to join them this fine evening and to Nana's delight, and Fred's and Benjer's displeasure, Benjer was too much of a gentleman to decline her offer.
Summary of Actions:
|Day 2: A Merry Christmas!|
Last night's snowfall had made the streets look like a white sheets. Gubbey was the main suspect and despite him pointing at here and there, no one believed him. He was shot and a dim grey foag spread from his body. Up into the sky the last ghost revealed itself. Ghost of Christmas Past was gone for now.
The citizens cheered! Nana finally stopped going to dates with herself and creating fake personas and hugged her uncle Ebeneezer Kronos who was still a bit bitter for almost getting killed. But, it had been an eye-opener for him. He was going to cheerish Christmas henceforth. Mini Marth was called a hero for stopping the nasty Ghost of Christmas Yet to Hachi. He didn't even get a chance to claim a victim! Mel Cratchit had never been so proud before. They grieved for the two victims: Slick Wilkins and Shad Fezziwig (although the former had a pleasant death). Benjer continued to blame himself for not being able to save anyone, but hopefully christmas will make him happier.
Ghost of Jacob Segul watched the fanfare from a far. He was unsure if Ebeneezer had become a nicer fellow after this. But the Ghost of Gubbey's Past, Ghost of Christmas Gold and Ghost of Christmas Yet to Hachi were all gone for now. If they returned, he knew he had failed. But, his chains were a bit lighter, or so it seemed. The fourth ghost disappeared too.
End of Game Roster Edit
- Benjer3 - Belle
- ShadowAngel - Mr.Fezziwig - Killed N1
- Marth - Little Tim
- Slick - Mr.Wilkins - Killed N2
- Melanoid - Bob Cratchit
- Gubbey - Ghost of Christmas Past - Lynched D2
- Nana7 - Fred
- Hachi - Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come - RID Killed N1 by Tiny Tim
- Kronos - Scrooge
- Jay Gold - Ghost of Christmas Present - Lynched D1
- Segul - Ghost of Jacob Marley
|List of actions|