|Bag o' Tricks Mafia|
|Link||Game thread: Bag o' Tricks Mafia BTSC threads|
|Size||11 Players (Small)|
|Roster|| 1. Hirkala|
|First to Die||Auramyna|
Bag o' Tricks Mafia was a game designed and hosted by Yuli based on an original concept involving role pooling.
It began on May 27th, 2011 and ended in a Baddie win in D4 (June 5th, 2011).
Eleven young warlocks sat down in the cellar of the tower. It would be a fight to the death, where the last one standing would apprentice under the great Wizard Thembis (host), but Thembis was a cruel man, easily amused, and called forth a great magick that would rob the warlocks of their power and studies. The skillsets and Spells known among them would be placed in a Magic Bag in the centre of the cellar and each would draw an ability...
Each day and night cycle will be in standard mafia style. However, at the end of each cycle, a list of everyone who acted (player names, not roles) will be published. After an ability (Spell) is used, it goes back into the Bag o' Tricks to be distributed again. Anyone who does not have a Spell at the beginning of a cycle gets to draw one (PM from the host). A player may draw the same Spell as many times in a row as random.org seems fitting. When a player dies, whatever Spell he has at that time will be lost forever and not returned to the Bag.
If a spell is used, it is returned to the bag. If it is not used, it is held. This is true regardless of whether the spell was successful or not. The only exception is if the spell is used, but the caster dies in the same cycle.
- Order of Actions: Invisibility || Indy RID Kill >> Entangle >> Find Familiar >> Indy Block >> Hold Person > Power Word: Kill >> Power Word: Stun >> Indy Role Spy >> True Seeing >> Clairaudience >> Charm Person >> Mirror Image
Note: OOA will mostly be used to solve loops. So I guess having some in there is rather pointless... Although not entirely. || indicates that nothing may affect a person who is Invisible. Also: Charm Person > Mirror Image means that whoever casts Charm Person moves all votes (x1, x2, or x3) if he targets someone casting Mirror Image.
- The 11th player is the Indy, who doesn't draw a power.
- Kills are blocking kills (unless the kill target is also killing). If someone with a day action is blocked, they do not get their day action.
- Baddies with BTSC must sacrifice one action (chosen before spells are drawn for the night) in order to get a Night Kill.
- Anyone with a familiar may send one message per night until they die or the game ends. If they get the Find Familiar spell a second time, they can use two messages per night until the end of the game/they die.
- There might be secret abilities and/or attributes not listed in the OP.
- Outing your role is banned. Anyone who does it loses their ability for the next night AND for the following day, all votes against them count as double. Someone voting x2 on them would actually be voting x4.
- After the game it was revealed that there were no secret abilities.
The contents of the bag at the beginning of N1 are as follows: (Some abilities are the same, but are named differently for story and convenience)
- Power Word: Kill (RID Kill)
- Power Word: Stun (Block)
- Entangle (Trap)
- Charm Person (Vote redirect) (*)
- Mirror Image (Self Vote Manip x2 or x3) (*)
- True seeing (Faction spy)
- Hold Person (Block)
- Invisibility (Makes the target immune to any harmful spell or action for one cycle) (*)(#)
- Find Familiar (A player who casts this spell is randomly assigned a familiar. As long as the warlock lives, the familiar lives. As long as the familiar lives, the warlock my send a message [75 characters] to another player. More than one warlock may have a familiar and a warlock may have more than one familiar, if he gets the spell a second/third/forth/etc time) (*)
- Clairaudience (May ask the host one yes or no question [limited to 10 words] during the night or day) (*)
- (*)Note: These Spells will NOT show up in the night post.
- (#)Note: This works as a trap, except the "trapped" player can act and talk in the main thread and BTSCs (if applicable)...sooo...it's like a save that saves from blocks (and vote redirects!) as well as death.
Baddies: The Triplets--Know each other--WINCON: Be in majority. They want to be sure that one of them is the apprentice. They've allied together to eliminate their competition (part of the game) before they duke it out amongst themselves (not part of this game).
- Triplet 1
- Triplet 2
- Triplet 3
BTSC does not happen by default but baddies do know each other. However, any baddies who elect to forfeit their ability once (the spell goes back into the Bag unused) enters into the Baddie BTSC. The Night Kill will be given to one of the baddies at random until BTSC is established.
Goodies: The Apprentices--WINCON: Eliminate the Triplets and Assassin.
- The Necromancer
- The Sorcerer
- The Arcanist
- The Summoner
- The Diviner
- The Invoker
- The Transmuter
Indy: Assasin - One of the warlocks, however, isn't a warlock at all, but a trained assassin sent to kill the Great Wizard Thembis. He does not draw from the Bag o' Tricks, nor does he lose his abilities if used. Each night, he may choose to RID Kill, Role Spy, or Block.. Additionally, ONCE DURING THE GAME, he may make his vote count as x2. Lastly, he must PM the host before the end of every cycle saying whether he wants to be included in the list of players who acted. If the Indy fails to do this, he will be listed as a player who acted. WINCON: Be the last "warlock" standing.
- araver - Triplet 1
- maurice - Triplet 2
- Slick - Triplet 3
Day and Night Posts
|Night 1: Trapped!|
Dark were the catacombs, a deep labyrinth for the apprentice class to navigate. Survival was only guaranteed by the elimination of the Triplets, but they were on the prowl. They cleverly laid traps to see whose blood they could draw first. Poor Aura, cheerful and eager, walked calmly to her doom, entering into a pit defined by shadow--a pit to which there was no end.
After the shadow pit, the middle child continued through the maze, a spell upon his lips and in his fingers. When Q-Cumber stumbled out, the spell was released. Q looked quickly to his own feet, where dozens of vines sprouted from the earth and began wrapping their way around his body. So quick, he didn't get a chance to see his attacker.
The youngest of the three had gone a different way from his elder brothers. He sneaked and crept and kept to the shadows. When he came upon Glycereine, he muttered an incantation to Hold him fast. Glyc could move nothing but his eyes, looking left and right. The attacker, however, never entered into his field of vision.
|Day 1: Getting Things Right|
The Great Wizard Thembis uncovered the crystal on his table. Seated, he placed his hands upon it and gazed into the mist within.
All the warlocks looked above to see the Great Wizard's Eye floating above the labyrinth.
"Who shall we ban from this place?" came the voice of the Great Wizard.
After much deliberation, everyone decided that Slick should go, and voiced their opinion to the Great Wizard.
"It is as I had prophesied," Yuli said. "The Youngest of Three will no longer be! As all shall see, ee leck triss uh dee!"
As the Great Wizard finished his incantation, a bolt of lightning struck out from the sky. None within the maze could see where it struck, but everyone knew...
|Night 2: Revenge!|
The Twins were out and about again, searching for anyone who brought about the demise of their younger brother. They found Glycereine and followed him, stalking and keeping to the shadows. With a quick word of magick, Glyc fell to the ground. There was no life left in his eyes.
The Summoner moved with ease, blending into the scenery. He had discovered a Word of Power and decided that Lionheart was the best target. When he found LH, he spoke the word and LH froze. There was little anyone could do to help LH in his stunned state.
And all the while, everyone else wandered the maze.
|Day 2: Votes, Blessings, and Chickens|
"Count them!" The Great Wizard called, his eye again floating over the dungeon.
All were puzzled by this riddle. All, except two.
Maurice and Nox floated above the maze and looked up at the Eye. The Great Eye. The Eye that ended all things.
"Young warlocks," Thembis said, "You have failed. Scah terdash tu dawint!"
Calling forth a powerful dark magick, a fiery wind consumed them. The only thing that remained were two spells, forgotten forever.
|Night 3: Hits and Misses|
The Assassin laid low until he was ready to strike. Now was his time. This was his chance. He had followed Hirkala for a long time and decided that it was time for him to die. He pulled his crossbow and took aim...
The Summoner focused his inward energy and muttered an incantation. Far away, Araver stopped in his tracks. The Summoner smiled to himself as the Power Word he spoke echoed back to him. Stun-un-un
The Eldest Triplet was on the hunt. He lurked the shadows looking for his target. When he found who he was looking for, though, he found a crossbow bolt already lodged in his back. Hirkala was already dead.
|Day 3: Plans|
The Great Eye was impressed by the ingenuity of the group. Certainly his apprentice would be a very wise individual. After taking a count of all things, DarthMask was the one to get struck by lightning.
|Night 4: Strategem|
The Assassin, cold-hearted and alone, was determined to kill the Great Wizard Thembis. His crossbow was useless. All he had left was his dagger, rope, and a vial of poison. He knew that Q-Cumber was of great importance tonight, and followed him around the edge of the maze, staying in the relative darkness of the stone walls. Q-cumber was no match for the noose about his neck.
|Day 4: Legacy|
The Great Wizard was intrigued by each faction's ability to remain alive in the maze for so long. He complimented all of them on their resolve.
"Araver," the Great Wizard said, "You have been victorious in your navigation of the maze. Your dedication and convictions have led you to a fine path to Wizardry."
With this, he gave Araver the Great Hat of Wizardry, dubbing him as the Next Great Wizard. Leading him to the only exit, the Great Wizard snapped his fingers. The maze folded in on itself until it was no more, trapping Lionheart and Shadow inside forever...
End of Game Roster
The Great Wizard Thembis: Yuli
- Hirkala - The Transmuter - RID Killed N3 by the Assassin
- Lionheart - The Necromancer - Lynched D4 while having the Power Word: Stun spell
- DarthMask - The Sorceror - Lynched D3 while having the True Seeing spell
- Darth Nox - the Invoker - Lynched D2 while having the Find Familiar spell
- Slick - Triplet 3 - Lynched D1 while having the Hold Person spell
- Auramyna - The Arcanist - Killed N1 by the Triplets
- Glycereine - The Diviner - Killed N2 by the Triplets
- Q-Cumber - The Summoner - RID Killed N4 by the Assassin
- Shadow7 - The Assasin - Lynched D4
- maurice - Triplet 2 - Lynched D2 while having the Invisibility spell
- araver - Triplet 1
|List of actions|
Night 1/Day 1
Night 2/Day 2
Night 3/Day 3
Night 4/Day 4