|Board Game Mafia|
Battle of the Board
|Link||Board Game Mafia|
|Size||13 Players (Small)|
|Start Date||July 11, 2012|
|Winning Faction||Goodies - Golden Age Board Games|
|Roster|| 1. marksmanjay|
|First to Die||curr3nt|
|Last Remaining||MikeD, mboon, TheCube|
Board Game Mafia was a game designed and hosted by Aaryan based on the ongoing board game/video game war.
It began on July 11, 2012 and ended in a Goodie win in Night 5 (July 25).
Game Mechanics Edit
- OOP: (Save) > Indy RID Kill > NK >> Redirect > Indy Trap > Goodie Trap > (Vote mod/manip) > Baddie Block > Goodie Block > Goodie RID Kill > Save >Risk Ability
Goodies: Golden Age Board Games
- WinCon: Baddies, Indy dead
- The Goodies are your Family Game Night classics. That means that they will not tolerate any newcomers trying to take over the world.
- Monopoly – Everyone’s favorite money game. Monopoly has the resources to buy a person off for a cycle or two. (Trap)
- The Game of Life – Realistic and world-weary, Life can reason with you to change your vote. (Vote mod - can change another's vote)
- Candy Land – The simplest of board games, Candy Land can still get you lost in the Peppermint Forest or the Molasses Swamp for the night. (Block)
- Chutes and Ladders – Can climb up and down all over the board, quickly getting a rescue team to the person that they think is going to die. (Save)
- Clue – Impossibly clever with plenty of detectives, the game can find out a person’s role with ease. (Role Spy)
- Scrabble – A master of wordplay, Scrabble has the ability to affect the posts (Can add a paragraph of his own every Night and Day)
- Battleship – The game where you try and blow up ships. Battleship will make use of that power and blow Baddies and Indies out of the way. (RID Kill)
- Risk – A game where the roll of a die can win a war. In this case, the roll of that die can change his action. (Die Roll; 1 - Follow Spy, 2 - Redirect, 3 - Vote Redirect, 4 - Block, 5 - RID Kill, 6 - No Action.)
Baddies: Newfangled Electronic Games – BTSC and Night Kill
- WinCon: Majority
- The Baddies are the Invaders – attacking electronic games out to rule the game industry.
- Super Smash Bros. – Nintendo’s franchise where a bunch of characters attempt to chuck each other off the screen. This is useful, as SSBB will do the same to you – knock you out. (Block)
- Call of Duty – The game where you get to shoot like a maniac. However, the game can be precise and put a gun to your head until you tell it your role. (Role Spy)
- Minecraft – A hugely popular computer game where you can make just about anything. The game will literally pile up it’s vote. (x0-x2 vote manip)
Indy: Strategy Games – BTSC + RID Kill
- WinCon: Last Faction Standing
- Always underestimated and dismissed, the Indies will tactically try to make use of the war.
- Chess – The most sophisticated of games, chess is often considered to be for “nerds”. Out to prove them wrong, chess will surround you with all 32 pieces for a night and a day (Trap)
- Checkers – Always considered a children’s game, Checkers is out to prove that he is a big boy. Will whisk away a player for a night and make them attack someone else. (Redirect)
Host's Summary Edit
Very interesting game. Congrats to the Goodies, commendation to the Baddies and Indies for a nice try.
I think I may have helped to the Baddies demise by accidentally showing the Baddie Block target in N3, psykomakia, clearing him in everyone's SS. That lead to mew's death. However, Baddies may still have won if it wasn't for EDM using her manip later to kill jay, and Baddies not using their manip at all. Followed by Mikey's RID Kill, it was a quick one-two for the win.
No MVP, since nobody actually headed the win to victory, but a commendation to Thalia for showing up late but somehow bringing down who the Baddies were to a Monty Hall problem. Also handshakes to EDM and MikeD for their killer blows to finish the game.
Winning Faction Edit
GOODIES - Golden Age Board Games
2. Brainiac100 (MiKi) - Clue
4. MikeD - Battleship
6. EDM - Life
7. Flamebirde - Candy Land
10. Hidden G - Chutes and Ladders
11. mboon - Risk
12. TheCube - Monopoly
13. curr3nt - Scrabble
Day and Night Posts Edit
|Night 1: Whose Turn Is It to Die?|
|Super Smash Bros. sneaked into the master bedroom, knowing that one of the idiot Goodies would be in there. He hopped onto the bed and noticed curr3nt trying to sneak about. With the lightning speed of Sonic and the heavy weight of Ganondorf, SSBB hurtled onto curr3nt. The target hit the ground – hard. There was minimal blood, but SSBB cleaned up a little anyway.
Chess, elegant as ever, snuck into the kitchen silently. He noticed Molly Mae sitting up by the sink. Chess immediately performed an acrobatic feat involving four pieces and somehow made it to the sink ledge, 3.5 feet above the ground. From there all was easy. He kicked Molly Mae onto the ground, and for good measure stationed two Rooks and a Knight by him. Molly Mae would be out all night and day.
Monopoly walked confidently into the basement. He knew that his, so to speak, accomplice, would be waiting for him, expecting payment. He met psykomakia silently, and as the payment was happening he noticed a spot on his black suit. In a rage, he knocked psykomakia over the head and put the metal top hat on him. Nobody would get to psykomakia for a while.
Call of Duty snapped his head around. Military training had taught him to look everywhere. Then he noticed his target lying in ambush. He put his gun up, but he didn’t think his target noticed him. Using his scope, he could study his target carefully and safely until he walked away, satisfied.
|Day 1: Oopsie|
|The gams gathered around for the first time, eyeing each other. Nobody was quite sure what to do until the front door opened. Everyone turned suddenly and watched open-mouthed as---
The White Witch strode in???
Stunned, they could only watch as she trampled over flamebird.
"Uh, Miss Witch?" asked TheCube, tentatively. "You're game's over. It's been a while now." "Oh," she said, flustered, "sorry about the mess." And she frantically ran outside.
Everyone turned back to poor flamebird as he asked for his final request. With great pain, he spoke: "I want...
Gumdrops." and then he stopped and lay back forever. Candy Land was no more.
"Unlucky, I guess," said mboon. "It is Friday the 13th."
Meanwhile, psykomakia finally freed himself of the hat and Molly Mae executed a swift and daring escape from the guards.
|Night 2: A Game of Moods|
|Day 2: Dead Giveaway|
|Today, few fingers were pointed. But most pointed to mew. He tried to reason, but the mob continued to approach. Suddenly, in his desperation, he flew up with the wings of Pit and with the speed of Sonic, but was taken down by his forgetfulness and used Kirby's turn-into-a-rock move. Super Smash Bros crashed to the ground painfully.|
|Night 3: The "Avenger" Initiative|
|COD decided to avenge the death of his beloved leader. He found his target, psykomakia trying out some martial arts on top of the washing machine. One bullet to the head, and psykomakia was finished.
Monopoly, ecstatic about the death of a Baddie, decided to celebrate. He found Hidden G and led him to the bar, where Monopoly made the drinks. He didn’t realize that he had mixed up the red wine with the sleeping draught. Uh-oh.
COD was still on the prowl. However, his anger receding, he held himself back to only spying. He tread silently till he saw his target. He watched with the patience of a true soldier, then threw a smoke bomb at the ground for effect and disappeared.
Clue stalked around. Mr. Green had taken the stage, slyly seeing everything. Suffice to say, his target had no chance at concealing his identity.
|Day 3: The part of the game...|
|The part of the game where the daughter's texting, the son's reading a book, mom's cooking dinner and dad has some work to do
The people who had arrived at the lynch site were surprised. Only four of them had bothered to show up.
Finally, they decided to end it fair and square. They pulled open dad's wallet and pulled out a quarter. They decided who was what side, and they flipped. The coin landed, accidentally, on the son's domino chain, which began to fall. Realizing what was going on, three of them were fast enough to get out of the way. But Brainiac100 was not so lucky. The final domino fell on the remote control, which flipped and smacked into the toy bulldozer, which turned around and latched onto the yo-yo, which swung in a huge arc that Brainiac had only a second to admire before it silenced him forever. Brainiac flickered forms one more time, from Miss Peacock to Colonel Mustard to Professor Plum, before giving one shudder and collapsing, dead.
mboon looked at the coin nonchalantly. "Oh. Heads."
|Night 4: All's Quiet|
|Call of Duty once again lurked, looking for someone to kill. Finding Hidden G hiding in the tub, he quickly tossed a mustard gas canister and enjoyed HG's screams of pain. That done, COD decided to do a bit of detective work. A few minutes later he was studying his prey until he knew all about them.|
|Day 4: Surprise, Surprise|
|The games once again reconvened for a lynch. This time, fingers pointed to EDM. Soon, they had her surrounded. One of the gamed was courteous enough to use his own weapon to kill her. The circle around her closed in, but just as the oiling weapon shot out to EDM, she quickly hit the deck and the weapon plunged into the person behind her - marksmanjay. Jay only had time for a gurgle of pain before his body crumbled and fell to the ground in little cubes. Minecraft was no more.|
|Night 5: The Finish Line|
|Tonight was the Night. Call of Duty could feel it. Although his teammates were down, he would continue the legacy. He snuck up silently behind EDM and got her in a choke hold. It was over in seven seconds.
Surprisingly, Battleship was on the prowl.This time, he was confident about his chances of getting a hit. He caught gvg lurking around, and with a sudden stroke of inspiration, pointed a cannon at him. Battleship closed his eyes and thought, before pointing at gvg and whispering: "Call of Duty". The cannon fired. A direct hit.
The Goodies convened in an impromptu meeting. They had won! The Invaders and Strategy games were dead!
Game over! Goodies win!
End of Game Roster Edit
- marksmanjay - Minecraft - Lynched D4
- Brainiac100 (MiKi) - Clue - Lynched D3
- psykomakia - Chess - Killed N3 by the Baddies
- MikeD - Battleship
- gvg - Call of Duty - KIlled N5 by Battleship
- EDM - Life - Killed N5 by the Baddies
- Flamebirde - Candy Land - Lynched D1
- mew - Super Smash Bros - Lynched D2
- Molly Mae - Checkers - killed N2 by the Baddies
- Hidden G - Chutes and Ladders - killed N4 by the Baddies
- mboon - Risk
- TheCube - Monopoly
- curr3nt - Scrabble - Killed N1 by the Baddies