|Free Beer Mafia|
|Link||Free Beer Mafia BTSC threads|
|Size||9 Players (Small)|
|First to Die||Hachi|
|Last Remaining||Machina, Maurice, Aura, GMaster479|
Free Beer Mafia was a game designed and hosted by Plasmid based on own design. Initially designed as semi-open setup for 11 players then down to 9 because of signups then down to 8 because of a permission problem requiring modkill instead of restart.
It began on May 22nd, 2018 and ended in a Baddie win in D4 (May 29th, 2018).
Initially designed for 11 players. Final version 2 warm beers (baddies), 6 cold beers (goodies), and an indy. During Night 1 there was a modkill removing 1 role and turning it into 2 vs 6 with no indy.
- In addition to the usual daytime lynch vote, there will also be night-phase votes where you vote for one of the roles in the game to have their faction revealed at the end of the night phase. Except the kill+spy role – that one will definitely be goodie if it’s in play (which it is) because otherwise it’d be way overpowered. The rest of the rules are pretty much the usual.
- NP shows all kill attempts (except failed RID machine gun), needed saves, blocks.
- If a (Mimic or) Inheritor performs an action that would appear in the NP, then it appears as being performed by the Mimic or Inheritor and not the copied role.
- Lynch shows faction and not role.
- Tie lynch rules: Baddies have a tiebreaker ability, but if they don't use it and it's a tie then no one dies. If there's a tie vote for faction reveal, then no role gets faction revealed.
Baddies – BTSC, group NK, group tiebreaker (can add 0.5 votes to any player each day) Wincon: Insurmountable majority
Goodies Wincon: Wipe out baddies and indy (if present (which it is))
Indy Wincon: Last standing Has one of the normal abilities, plus an ODTG RID machine gun: Name however many RIDs you want and if they’re all correct they all die. Unblockable, unredirectable, and unsaveable. But if any are incorrect then the kills all fail and you lose the ODTG.
9 Roles known (semi-open setup):
- Sam Adams: Kill + Role and Faction spy. All on the same target. Spies succeed only if kill succeeds.
- Guinness: Save. Cannot target self, but can be redirected to self and end up self-saving.
- Sierra Nevada: Follow spy. If you follow Beep spy, you see the first target on his list. Does not see factional abilities (including RID machine gun if an indy is present).
- Goose Island: Vote multiplier. x0-2 on anyone.
- Corona: Beep spy. Find out if there’s one baddie among a group of three targets. If redirected, the first choice of three targets gets redirected.
- Dos Equis: Inheritor. Gain the ability of the first player that dies. Does not affect your faction. Factional abilities (including RID machine gun if an indy is present) aren't copied.
- Budweiser: Coroner. Learn the role of successfully NK-ed players.
- Coors: Block. Appears in the NP. You’re told whether it successfully stops an action at night. It does prevent actions that would occur on the following day, but if that happens you will only be told going into the day phase that it did not stop a night action.
- Shiner Bock: Messenger. 300 characters max counting spaces. Smilies count as the number of characters within and including the colon tag
Extra roles NOT USED (public info)
- Fat Tire: Redirect. Is told if he successfully redirects an action.
- Heinekin: Mimic. Name a player during the day and gain their ability for the next night/day cycle. Each player can only be mimic’ed once. Factional abilities (including RID machine gun if an indy is present) aren't copied.
- Machina - Budweiser
- Aura - Corona
Day and Night Posts
|For a third week in a row, the Philosophic Basis of Practical Governance Society held a meeting with only Connie, Jen, and Chuck, leaving their conference room looking pitifully empty. The other students at Eastbridge University simply didn’t seem to understand how fascinating it could be to learn the intricacies of how and why ideas about how to run a state ended up being thwarted by real-world problems from the question of making guns or butter to outright corruption. But no more. This week, Connie decided to try to beef up attendance by offering free beer at their next meeting. So now Jen is preparing to host a dialogue on how Plato would have viewed the Electoral College with a crowd of twenty thousand undergrads.
Alas, Chuck carelessly allowed two of the kegs of beer to get warm while he was getting ready for the meeting. And serving warm beer at a time like this simply wouldn’t do. So the beer had to sort it out among themselves and weed out the warm ones, without knowing which other beers were warm or cold. Aside from themselves. Except the warm beers, which knew each other. Because that’s how it works. And there’s also an indy beer.
|Night 1 Modkill|
|Araver has unfortunately been the victim of a rookie mistake while an undergrad tried to tap the keg and failed miserably and messily, and is out of the game.
Additionally, since my intent was for everyone to know the number of players in each faction and the roles in the game from the outset: Sam Adams (Kill + Spy) is out of the game, and there is no longer an indy in play. There are 2 warm beers and 6 cold beers.
|Shiner Bock (Messenger) got a thermometer stuck somewhere and was found to be cold beer (goodie).
Nothing else happened for the rest of the night.
|Watching paint dry. Level: Expert.|
|The freshmen had heard rumors of parties were people go to great lengths to deliver large quantities of beer into people in short quantities of time, but had little experience with such machinations themselves. So they rigged a beer hose that was comparable in power to a fire hose, and stuck it down Hachi's mouth going full blast only to find out that that was a bad idea.
After dialing down the pressure to a non-lethal level, they hosed Boquise with some Coors and had him comfortably numb for the night.
There were also rumors that some of the beer had gotten warm, but people couldn't reach a consensus on which of the kegs to check out.
|Blargh! One of the students had a horrendous look on his face, and quickly spread the word that some of the beer had gotten warm. "Which keg was it?", people asked. "That one!" he answered. But as this was his umpteenth beer, he couldn't point in a straight line and was on the floor pretty soon anyways. But that didn't stop the students from rushing to the keg they thought he pointed at and smashing it. You'd think they would have the sense to just put it in a fridge or something, but Eastbridge University didn't exactly have a reputation for attracting the brightest of the lot.|
|Some people are funny when they’re drunk. Some people get flirtatious, to put it nicely. And some get mean. One of the latter folks took offense at mo’s shirt and was ready to pick a fight, and a potentially deadly one after smashing a bottle against a table to make an improvised weapon. But mo was two-fisted drinking at the moment and handed one of the mugs of Guinness to his would-be assailant, which quickly changed his mood and averted a crisis. Meanwhile, aura was taunted into a game of ultra beer pong. Which is far more of an undertaking than normal beer pong. She ended up awash in Coors and on the floor for the rest of the night. Another student was raising a toast to the victor of the ultra beer pong match, but yelled in disgust as soon as he took a swig only to find that his beer was warm. And he knew for sure that he had just gotten a pint of Budweiser.
|Now that they knew the Budweiser had gotten warm, the students had something to work with. They were on the hunt. The found a keg they thought was probably it. They didn’t bother to look at the label to make sure because that would be a sissy thing to do, and they certainly wouldn’t pour a little into a glass and see whether it was warm or cold before doing anything. Nah, it’s more fun to just smash stuff and ask questions later.|
One of the kegs shouldn’t have made it out of the factory. It was creaking the whole time the Philosophic Basis of Practical Governance Society was holding their meeting, and it finally gave out under its own weight. Crashing to the floor, it soon was no more. And poor Boquise underneath was squished in the process.
Nah, I'm just being a trollcat. Baddies win.
End of Game Roster
- Sparrowhawk - Coors - lynched D3
- Machina - Budweiser
- Maurice - Shiner Bock
- Hachi - Dos Equis - NKed N2
- Slick - Goose Island (Indy transformed to Goodie during N1 to balance the game) - lynched D2
- Araver - Sam Adams - modkilled N1 before posting, because had permissions to view baddie BTSC.
- Boquise - Guinness - NKed N4
- Aura - Corona
- GMaster479 - Sierra Nevada
|List of actions|