|Fringe Mafia : War of the Worlds|
|Host||Golfjunkie & Prince marth85|
|Link||Game thread: Fringe Mafia : War of the Worlds BTSC threads|
|Size||11 Players (Small)|
|Winning Faction||Goodies & Indy|
|First to Die||Fat Tony|
|Last Remaining||Andrew, Slick, Gnan, Marq, Hirk, Brainy|
It began on May 28, 2013 and ended in a Goodies & Indy win in D3 (June 5th).
Game Mechanics Edit
All successful actions with the exception of spies, NP manipulation and the Observers action(s)(if he has any) will appear in the NP. Redirect will show that the role acted only, no target. Redirects will give a clear result.
Shapeshifter's actions cannot be blocked or redirected. If the Shapeshifter is lost, the NK will have a carrier, and can be redirected/blocked.
Tie lynch is random among the tie.
1. Olivia Dunham: if Peter dies, does Olivia get the kill as well as her passive spy or in replace of?
- In place of
2. If Peter and Olivia gain BTSC and one of them dies afterwards, does the living player retain all of the actions they once shared? Or do they only get to keep their own?
- 1 will perform the RID kill while the other will have the passive spy. They will have the choice each night of who will perform what action. If one dies, the other will inherit a straight kill.
3. Am I correct in saying that whilst the baddies control the shapeshifter, they do not have a standard NK (as they can perform that through the shapeshifter) and IF they lose control of the shapeshifter they will then get a NK. ?
- That is correct
4. I'm guessing the numbers beside the role names relate to universe of origin for those roles - do these have any effect on the game? For example, Newton is a baddie from Universe 2 but he has a 1 next to him? Does this effect anything?
- Those numbers do correlate to their universe of habitation, but there is no effect on gameplay
5. What spy is William Bell - a standard role spy?
1.So does Peter passively protect Olivia or is it his choice. Also he is he qble to RID KILL as well?
- The protect is a passive ability that is lost if they gain BTSC
2.So if newton dies the Shapeshifter gets free will at night?
- If Newton dies(or the shapeshifter is controlled by Astrid) the baddies gain supplemental actions to replace the shapeshifter's lost actions. The shapeshifter is an NPC, no one will receive that role, it does not count to baddies majority and has no voting power.
3.Can you be a bit more specific on what each spy sees(Role, actions, allignment) I am kinda unsure on them.
- All spies are role spies
Two parallel universes that are engaged in a battle for survival. The participants believe that only one universe can survive because the repeated crossings have damaged the fabric of the universe irreparably.
- Walter Bishop(1) - Massive Dynamics co-founder, mad scientist- as per the stereotype, he is confused and forgetful - (Redirect)
- Olivia Dunham(1,2) - FBI agent, can travel between universes. In love with Peter - Can travel between universes due to experimentation performed on her by Walter Bishop when she was a child. Will kill to protect her universe - (Passive spy(knows the identity of those acting on her) until Peter dies, then she gets a kill)
- Peter Bishop(1,2) - Walternate's son, stolen by Walter Bishop. In love with Olivia - Can travel between universes due to his duality (born in one universe, lives in the other). Has RID kill. Will die to protect Olivia. Can forgo RID kill attempt to attempt to RID Olivia to gain BTSC. If BTSC is gained, protection is lost and Peter and Olivia will share the RID kill/passive spy. (Bodyguard/RID kill/RID BTSC)
- Phillip Broyles(1) - Leader of Fringe Division - uses his influence with the upper echelons of government to sway the vote. Can also use his contacts within the media to spin stories - (vote redirect, NP manipulation)
- Astrid Farnsworth(1) - highly analytical, skilled at logical deduction and code breaking - Each night, can attempt to identify Newton. If she is successful, she gains control of the Shapeshifter, but the Shapeshifter will not kill Walternate or Fauxlivia. If she can surmise the identity of the lynch selection, she can save them. - (RID role steal(Newton only) + RID lynch save)
- William Bell(2) - Massive Dynamics co-founder, trapped in universe 2 Since he resides in the other universe, he can monitor the occupants of that universe (spy)
- Brandon Fayette(1) - Lead scientist at Massive Dynamics - Will use his scientific knowledge to protect someone from all actions - (shield)
Universe 2 If control of the shapeshifter is lost, BTSC gains a NK
- Walternate(2) - Head of the DOD in the universe 2 (Walter's alternate) Can add to the NP each night. If the shapeshifter is lost, gains a spy action (NP manipulation + (if)spy)
- Fauxlivia(1,2) - Fringe Division team member (Oivia's alternate) Block. If spied she will appear as Olivia. Block becomes a trap if the Shapeshifter is lost (Block + unspyable + (if)trap)
- Newton(1) - Leader of the shapeshifters in universe 1 - Can send messages to the Shapeshifter each night with instructions(send message to host with instruction). Cannot be killed at night. (unkillable)
- Shapeshifter(1)(NPC) - soldier in the war between the universes, he is from universe 2, but can be co-opted. (NPC, carries out actions defined by his handler) - Follows the orders contained in his daily message. If Newton dies, control of the Shapeshifter is lost. If Astrid identifies Newton, she gains control of the Shapeshifter. (kill + (spy or trap or save))
- Shapeshifter is not an actual player, but is an NPC who takes orders from others
- The Observer - can travel through time, attempting to correct the timeline of events to control the outcome. Little is known about this anomaly, except that he is from the future, does not experience time as we do, and works to his own ends - Secret action and wincon
|Indy Secret wincon and action|
The Observer knows all actions and can void any 1 action each night. Wins as Indy if he survives and Universe 1 prevails. Can win with Universe 1 if dead. His vote counts for -1. He requires (n/2)-1 votes to be lynched, where n is the total number of players living.
The Observer is supposed to affect the outcome of events from afar, not becoming personally entangled. Your mission is to orchestrate the events to effect a goodie win. You can only "absorb" baddie actions, not "void" them (i.e. choose to be spied/blocked/trapped/etc in place of someone else. You can choose to absorb the baddie NK and sacrifice yourself). Anyone whose action you void or absorb will know your RID.
This role is somewhat complex. You will get a BTSC where I will post each player and their role, and each night I will post all the actions once they are finalized and you can pick one action to "void" or nullify. Any baddie action that you "void" will be performed on you instead of on the target they originally selected, but will not appear in the NP. You are not allowed to divulge any information about any actions other than your own. (i.e. if N1 you choose to void Walter Bishop's redirect, you can say you prevented his action, but you cannot reveal the RID or role of his target or reveal that Fauxlivia's block kept Astrid from RIDing Newton. You could say "I prevented Walter from redirecting Prince_marth" but you could not say"I prevented Walter from redirecting Prince_marth from Framm to GM", "I prevented Walter from redirecting Prince_marth from Broyles to Olivia", "I prevented Nana from redirecting Prince_marth from Framm to GM" or "I prevented Walter from redirecting Peter's RID kill from Framm to GM" or anything else that would give the players any RIDs and/or roles. If you have any questions about what you can/cannot post, please PM me/Prince_marth or ask them in the BTSC. You have hosted before, so I hope you can understand the restrictions and why they are in place.
Host's Summary Edit
Game Idea and Expectations Edit
Winning Faction Edit
- Hirkala - The Observer
- Andrew - Phillip Broyles(1)
- Slick - William Bell(2)
- Harvest Ty - Peter Bishop(1,2)
- Gnan - Brandon Fayette(1)
- Marq - Olivia Dunham(1,2)
- Brainy - Walter Bishop(1)
- Vommack - Astrid Farnsworth(1)
Day and Night Posts Edit
|Night 1: No Blood, No Foul|
Andrew headed out for a walk to clear his head after another lomg day when he thought he felt someone following him, He quickly ducked into an alley, up a fire escape and onto the roof to get a better vantage point to spot his tail. After several minutes of observation and waiting, no one appeared to be following him, so he headed back down the fire escape and decided to head back home. Just as he stepped out of the alley, a black minivan screeched to a stop, the sliding door was flung open and Andrew was dragged inside by Fauxlivia. Needless to say he wouldn't be getting back home tonight.
The Shapeshifter had received his orders from Newton, but Marquessa wasn't easy to find as she had stayed at the office late that night catching up on some paperwork. As the shapeshifter approached Marq after breaching the perimeter security, Hirk chased Marq from her hiding place, just in time for the Shapeshifter to grab her. Now is Hirk working with the Shapeshifter or is he just in the wrong place at the right time? One thing is for sure Hirk got to see who Marqessa really is, but will he ever tell? Brandon stepped out of the shadows and immobilized the shapeshifter with a device no larger than a key fob. “I thought you might come after Marq tonight, so I brought along this new device I was testing today, with a few modifications of my own, of course. I hope you like... was all Brandon got out before the shapeshifter was gone as swiftly as he had come. He had failed this time, but it wouldn't happen again.
Fat Tony was chosen for the lynch, but he wouldn't go down easily. As he was taken into custody, shapeshifters started materializing from everywhere trying to save their leader. They were able to overpower the Fringe agents that had him in custody, but it was all to no avail as one well placed shot from Olivia found a home in the cranium of Newton as he fled.
Phillip Broyles took a megaphone and began broadcasting his message:
"Tonight I thought I would make my message clearer. Walter Bishop, just be careful with your redirect now because if you target the night kill carrier you will redirect the night kill. This is a powerful tool, but it can be equally as devastating. Goodies, consider the scenario that The Observer's win condition works in our favour. Although I do not know this for certain, I would advise not to kill The Observer until we know for sure that he isn't helping us, in the fulfilment of his own wincon. We don't know who the spies are exactly yet so spies try not to out yourselves. Be very very careful when you read the NP. Question everything. Walternate is still alive and he can manipulate the post as easily as I can. We can use our RID lynch save if we desperately need to. Yes it will out a player. But an outted goodie is better than a dead one. Finally, if you have any suggestions about how best to use this manipulation ability I ask you to voice that advice. _PB
Brainy was following her mark for the night. All her attention was devoted to keeping him in her sights, so she didn't notice the black minivan that had been hanging around all night. As she stepped into the street to cross over and continue her surveillance, the balck minivan screeched to a halt, the door was thrown open and Fauxlivia hauled Brainy into the van. Just before the hypodermic needle plunger was depressed that would incapacitate her for the next day, she noticed the bloody lifeless body of Vommack. The intruders had gotten to him as well, and he wasn't quite so lucky. The Observer floated over to Brainy. "Hmm... So that's what you were up to. Pretty smart, too bad you got trapped tonight. I shall continue with my role here". Then he floated away to the unknown.
When the day started, Slick was sure of his target "Boq is a baddie, my ESP doesn't lie", but no one was buying it. "Gnan is the target for the day" said several others, but they never really got any traction. "Hirk must die, we don't know what he can do, or if he is trying to help us or not, or even what he has to do to win" said others, but again it fizzled before it really gained any steam. Slick decided that maybe Boq wasn't the baddie that he thought, and then Hirk said "Boq is definitely who you think he is, but I can't vote for him because then the lynch won't work". Several people thought that was crazy, but again, no one really seemed to care. When Slick decided (again) that Boq was a baddie, Boq said "Really, it's not me, I'm on your team. Come here and I'll tell you a secret". When he said that, Slick's face lit up and he said "It's all good guys, he's with us, let's lynch Andrew", but right away, a hue and cry went up from Harvest Ty "that's impossible, because I checked, and Boq is definitely not who he is claiming". This seemed to satisfy everyone for the moment (and Slick decided for the third time today that it was imperative that Boq die) but it was long enough for the day to end and the gavel to fall. "Boq, you are sentenced to a life of imprisonment in Amber because we have no idea if you are bad or not, but we can't have you sticking around here much longer." When the smoke cleared who else was there encased in Amber except
Olivia Dunham's red hair was shockingly obvious!
Harvest Ty was out for a drink, just a little something to calm the nerves before a (hopefully) uninterrupted night of sleep. As he exited the bar, the ubiquitous black minivan came cruising down the streets. As Ty crossed at the crosswalk, this black harbinger of death came careening through the intersection straight at him. His fight or flight instincts kicked in and he rolled back to safety just in time, and strangely the van just continued on. As he walked through the smoke created by the squealing tires he spontaneously combusted in the intersection after just cheating death a few seconds earlier, apparently the butt of some great cosmic joke. What he couldn't know is that the tires smoke contained nanites that absorbed the electrical energy created by every living cell in his body and in turn used that energy to raise his body temperature to levels that no living tissue could survive. Nothing was left of him but charred bones...
Phillip Broyles decided that, even though his troops were seemingly winning against almost insurmountable odds, that they needed a pep talk. He gathered all the Fringe agents together and held forth in his typically brusque fashion "I reckon we're doing a good job. Let's keep it up_PB"
Slick had an important mission tonight, the fate of the world, well, his world anyways, may hinge on the outcome. When he arrived at the abandoned warehouse, The Observer was nowhere to be found. The Observer wasn't late, he just knew that he no longer needed Slick to complete his task. He had seen all possible futures, and the outcome was certain. He wouldn't be here much longer.
|Day 3: Worlds Collide|
Shadow was running. Her plans had fallen apart so quickly she had barely been able to escape Liberty Island with [redacted], the key to it all. [redacted] would pay for his treachery, of that Walternate was sure.
The Observer watched calmly. He had seen all possible futures and had worked tirelessly to ensure this outcome, his work was not yet complete, however, so he walked into a rift in time and was no more.
Phillip(Andrew) Broyles breathed a sigh of relief. Disaster was averted, for the moment, and that was about all you could hope for working in the Fringe Division where the impossible happens every day. Broyles assembled the remaining members of his team and thanked them for a job well done.
"Walter(Brainy) Bishop, in your typical absentminded fashion, you were unable to act at all, however it was not your fault this time. Events conspired to prevent any of your actions from being successfully carried out, so to you I award the most futile player award for this game.
Olivia(Marq) Dunham, you also were unable to complete any actions, but that was because you were so PASSIVE, as you so subtly hinted. For this passivity I give you the award of most overlooked hint giver.
Peter(Harvest Ty) Bishop, even though you were off the marq(sic) on your attempt to establish BTSC, it served a vital role in the defeat of your opposition. Your timely revealing of your role to seal the lynch of Boquise all but ensured victory for our universe. For this action and your participation, I give you the accidental Marqsman award.
Astrid(Vommack) Farnsworth, you were the first to fall in battle. Your role was interesting to me, because it could have turned the tide for the goodies, but alas it was not to be.
William(Slick) Bell, without your services we would have been chasing ghosts, and for that, I award you MVP. You were 3 for 3 spying baddies and were even able to take into stride my accidentally giving you bad info N2 to ensure a victory.
Brandon(gnan) Fayette, your role also was pivotal, though not due to your actions. Your mere presence in the game likely altered the baddies course of action, and for that you receive the my faction won the game and all I got was this stupid T-shirt award.
In the other universe, Walternate is busy yet again planning the demise of our universe, we must remain ever vigilant against his attacks."
End of Game Roster Edit
- Andrew - Phillip Broyles(1)
- Slick - William Bell(2)
- Harvest Ty - Peter Bishop(1,2) - Killed N3
- Gnan - Brandon Fayette(1)
- Marq - Olivia Dunham(1,2)
- Hirkala - The Observer
- Boquise - Fauxlivia(1,2) - Lynched D2
- Brainy - Walter Bishop(1) -
- Shad - Walternate(2) - Lynched D3
- Fat Tony - Newton(1) - Lynched D1
- Vommack - Astrid Farnsworth(1) - Killed N2
|List of actions|