These are the furballs of our lives.
|Host||Aura & Mew|
|Link||Game thread: Furball Mafia BTSC threads|
|Size||14 Players (Large)|
|Start Date||July 30, 2012|
|Winning Faction||Baddies & Indies|
|Roster|| 1. Thal|
|First to Die|| Stardust|
It began on July 30, 2012 and ended in a Baddie & Indy win in N6 (August 15).
Game Mechanics Edit
- Kills are non blocking
- Tie lynch rules
- Day 1: One dies.
- Day 2 - 4: All in tie roll individually
- Day 5 - 6: All in tie die
- Day 7+: Everyone dies and the host wins! (Jk)
- Each player has a Once-During-The-Game ability in addition to their usual ability. You don't need to sacrifice your usual ability to use the ODTG ability. If the ODTG ability is in your last set of submitted actions, it is used up regardless of if it was needed/useful. ODTG abilities cannot be redirected or trapped but can be blocked. If a player is trapped, their usual ability is blocked but their ODTG ability goes through. You can target a separate person with the ODTG action compared to who you target with your usual action.
- ODTG Abilities ~ designed by Plasmid ~ Randomly distributed in secret Role PMs
- Swim / climb a tree: If you choose to swim: any action used on that player by a **cat will fail (cats hate water), actions used by a dog will still go through (they can doggie paddle). If you choose to climb a tree: actions used by a cat will go through and actions used by a dog will fail
- Butt sniff: spies whether or not someone is in the secret alliance
- Collar bell: if the targeted player attempts to act on a baddie that night, the baddies will hear the bell coming and avoid the action. Nightpost will mention that the player was belled only if their action normally appears in the nightpost and if they targeted a baddie, but the nightpost will not say which baddie player was targeted and will only say that the target was nowhere to be found.
- Pounce: makes your action super stealthy and lightning quick so it's unblockable and unredirectable - even the collar bell won't stop a pounce
- Guard dog: name a role to guard at the beginning of the game, and that role is automatically saved once from a kill. It doesn't save from lynches
- Chamelion: name a player, and their role's action for the night will not appear in the nightpost.
- Guide dog: redirect
- St Bernard: save
- Howl at the moon: broadcast a message through the nightpost that appears as coming from your role
- Bury a bone: makes your vote count x0 that day, but gives you the chance to dig up the bone to make a x2 vote later on
- Shed: anyone who acts on you that night will appear to be you when spied for the rest of the game
- Catnip: if you target a cat, their night action for that night becomes "kill" whoever they targeted for their regular action
- Dog whistle: if you target a dog, blocks their action for the night
- Purr / wag tail: removes one lynch vote against you
- Mark the enemy territory: redirect a random baddie's lynch vote towards you
- Play fetch: name a player, and if that player has used a once-during-the-game action, then they get to use that action again
Baddies - NK, BTSC Wincon = Gain a majority that cannot be overcome.
- Spy - Peaches: a cute beagle but can be vicious, she will charm you into snuggling near you, with just with one look into your eyes
- Redirect - Dizzy - She will get what she wants, no matter how. If you are a stranger, she will bark till you do what she wants. But, if she knows you, she will use emotional torture, and her big black eyes.
- Block - Otto - blocks you with his blinding cuteness, preventing his target from acting.
- Vote Manip (other) x0-x2 - Sweetie: As her name says she's one of the sweetest creatures on earth. She's too sweet to block or kill you so she uses her vote as her power.
Goodies Wincon = Last faction standing
- Role Spy - Max: a black and tan daschund, he learns by listening to others talking when no one thinks he understands. He also guilt trips people into giving him what he wants if they don't volunteer it. . . or just barks at you until he gets it!
- Kill - Ribby: a beautiful dog, but hates when others get affection and she doesn't she'll get into a fight with anyone to just be petted
- Shield Player (protect from spy, trap/block, redirect, kill) - Ricky
- Redirect - Bazzie - A happy-go-lucky blue heeler, he uses his doey brown eyes to convince you to take him to the park instead of what you were doing.
- Trap - Mario & Luigi - they run around you in circles both blocking and protecting anyone from killing their target.
- Role Inherit (choose dead player's role) - Pepper and Tommy: - half cute n friendly, half mischievous.
- Curiosity: Odd night - follow spy, Even night - ask host a yes/no question - Vera: Vera, still being a young kitten, wants to know everything and wants to know it now. She'll follow you around like a loyal dog but if she's not allowed to then she'll cry all night till she gets an answer.
- Message player - Kelly - so lazy she just sends a telepathic message while relaxing on her back.
- Evil Eye - Vote Redirect + ODTG RID Lynch Save - Zoee: A three-legged cat that cries and whines when left alone and doesn't like to leave her room. She will follow you, miaowing, until you vote the way she wants.
Indy - Anubis Wincon = Kill/lead lynch on 2/3 targets and outlive 2 of 4 (separate) targets. Indy leaves game on winning. If impossible ~~> last standing
- Choice of RID Kill, spy or trap
- RID Kill: A born hunter, let's just say she has had her share of killing.
- Spy: Has a habit of observing things while hiding in the shadow of night(her color helps with camouflage).
- Trap: She could be playing cute, or she could just be leading you straight into a trap.
Host's Summary Edit
Winning Faction Edit
- Aaryan - Anubis - Won N4 and left the game
- Brainiac100 - Otto
- MikeD - Sweetie - Killed N3 by Ribby
- Stardust - Bazzie - Sweetie - Lynched D1
MVP : Nana7
Day and Night Posts Edit
|Mario and Luigi were in an extra mischievous mood today. They were circling Plasmid's feet, jumping and playing by tugging at his clothes. He turned this way and that, trying to get past the flurry of claws and teeth, but it was to no avail. He would not make it into work that day!
Likewise, Otto the playful puppy had just woken up and was full of curiosity for the day ahead. Looking for someone to feed him, he came across Benjer. Unfortunately for Otto, Benjer was trying to get organised for all the places he had to be that day, and was not getting the signal that Otto wanted his breakfast. Otto ramped it up a notch and circled around, sitting in front of Benjer and blocking his way. He looked up at Benjer with the most doeful expression, head tipped sideways. Benjer fainted from the overwhelming cuteness of the puppy, and was out cold on the floor, bumping his head on the way down.
Otto's plan having backfired, he went in search of someone else to feed him. He noticed Plasmid next door and approached him, hoping this time his target would have less of a severe emotional reaction to his natural adorableness. As he got closer, he saw Mario and Luigi playfighting around Plasmid's feet. The balls of fur, claws and teeth were revolving around Plas's feet so randomly that Otto could not get close without getting scratched or bitten. It was actually a lucky thing, as Plasmid was allergic to Otto's specific type of fur, and if Otto had been able to get close enough, Plasmid would have died.'
|The way Otto was abusing his powers of cuteness was starting to bother the pets.|
"We all have our own lovable qualities but he seems to think he has the monopoly on adorableness."
The pets went off in search of Otto's friends. Their first stop was the dog park but it seemed like they were too late as all the pets had finished their morning walks, and the park was close to empty.
They continued on to the beach, and when they arrived, saw many dogs and owners packing the beach. It was hard to identify the animals they were looking for and there were a few false starts. But suddenly, one of the dogs picked up a scent, and he rounded up the animals before putting his nose to the sand and taking off. He followed the scent to a sand dune, and lo and behold, behind the sand dune was Stardust, hiding from the animals.
They found this behaviour quite suspicious as he was treating them like they were a lynch mob or something . Even more suspicious was the lack of a defense from Stardust. As the animals started getting impatient with the way Stardust was ignoring them, they started scrabbling in the sand and kicking it everywhere. In all Stardust's attempt to ignore, he didn't realise he was slowly being buried in sand.
By the time he was fully covered and unconscious, only his tag was sticking out of the mound of sand.
|Otto and Peaches were barkguing. |
"Row weak are you? You couldn't reven get past 2 ankle biting dogs to get to Plasmid..."
"Ribby... Ribby, old buddy old pal. You're a witness. And witnesses have short lives. Witnesses... witnesses, they..."
As Otto continued to bury Plasmid's remains, he saw out of the corner of his eye, a strange guy watching. He ran over to the guy. "WOOF! Who are you?!"
Elsewhere, Mario and Luigi were circling the feet of Fat Tony, half blocking him from going anywhere, but also protecting him from any intruders.
|It seemed as if there were a bunch of canine hitmen on the streets. Admittedly, they weren't always so successful, but practise makes perfect and animals are pre-emptive thinkers.
So the Domesticated Animal Co-operative called a meeting at NorthEast-Central Park to discuss a strategy.
|Ribby was feeling paranoid. He knew Otto and his buddies would be after him as he was a witness to Plasmids burial. And when his kill on Vine failed, it removed any chance of them having something to hold over him. Ribby supposedly had the upper hand... but it sure didn't feel like it. Ribby figured if they were going to get him, he'd just have to get them first.
He went to Otto's clubhouse, hoping to catch them unawares. He snuck around the corner of the building. Inside was a four legged shadow. As Ribby slinked around to the door, he heard the pawsteps getting closer. Just then, he jumped out and pounced on MikeD, ripping out a huge chunk of flesh from his behind. As the blood spurted everywhere, Ribby realized, it was not an animal but a person who had been crouched down on his hands and knees scrubbing the floor. "I'm not cut out for this", said Ribby. He checked MikeD but it was too late to revive him, so Ribby ran off into the night.
Dizzy and Otto were out stalking the night. Dizzy needed to prove she could kill, to cement her place in the group. Otto pointed out a hunched over old man, who would have been handsome in his say but now had a hump on his back that could rival any fairytale.
Dizzy bounded up with heavy footsteps calling out "hey Mr Hunchback, imma kill you! Can you hear me, Mr Hunchback?"
Mario and Luigi were in a playful kind of mood but their target was nowhere to be found.
|The deaths were piling up and so a town meeting was held, with pets representing all
of the 4 main interest groups attending. They each knew that no-one could succeed unless they teamed up amongst themselves, but who would align and who would put on a false front?
Nevertheless, it didn't take long for the animals to lay their cards on the table and offer deals, take it or leave it. The hesitation amongst the animals was obvious. They had done so well for so long, sticking with their own cliques. And here was a chance to step out and take a chance that could leave them stronger than ever. But no one knew if they could rely on the stated motivations of each team.
Two of the teams decided to team up against the 4th larger but weaker team. But would the lone hold-out, an independent-minded animal listen to the wisdom of her elders and join in the fight?
All votes were in; they must eliminate the one animal that could bring them down. The one that had the most dirt on them, and could expose them in a whim.
Ricky dug up her bone and brought it as a weapon... or maybe a security blanket. And they formed a pack, chasing after their target. Over mountains and vales, it was an EPIC JOURNEY!!! leading to what you would expect was an epic death, (by default). Otto caught up and grabbed the target by it's tail. The tail de-sheathed and Otto was left with a bushy tail in his mouth. The target raced off, weaving around trees and darting in and out of sight. Just then, a cliff was approaching and the animals sighed in relief. This was not a cat; they would never survive this fall. But at the last second, the target swerved to the left, into a cave and out of sight.
Otto 'd the others and raced into the cave. He diverted up to the top ramp and raced ahead of the target. Hidden up above the lower cave trail, he waited for his target to catch up. As his buddies came chasing the target through the cave, Otto jumped down and waved the de-sheathed tail in front of the target's face. This particular animal had a weakness for chasing his tail, and couldn't resist chasing this inanimate detached tail of his.
This was just the distraction the pack needed. They jumped on their prey, clawing and scratching it's eyeballs out. Some of them had a tug of war over the flailing body. And throughout the whole thing, the target never stopped whipping his tail around from side to side. At that point, one animal let go of the tug of war, and the half dead target went flying into the cave wall, smacking it's head open, and spraying blood and brains on all.
Just then, Slick picked up the dead animal's tag. He read it out aloud.
|Otto Blocks Slick|
Otto kills Clozo
|The animals had their minds made up and formed their alliances. In order to bring a uniform philosophy to the neighborhood, they must eliminate Slick. One call to the local dog pound was all it took. 10 minutes later, a van pulled up and the dog catcher emerged for just long enough to call "Ricky.... Here Ricky, Ricky, Ricky...." Slick ran happily over to the man with the van and leapt into the van with the man. And off he was taken, to his sure death.
Anubis was sick of the politics. On one hand, she'd been getting lucky with her kills, eliminating all her targets decisively without being noticed. But on the other hand, she wasn't getting the recognition and social standing that a Queen deserved. This place was too cliquey and her talents, now honed, could be used elsewhere, possibly for hire. It was time to make a very important phonecall; one that could decide the direction of her future.
Thus, Anubis made a phonecall to enroll in a Small Business Certificate, and left to start her new life.
Aaryan (Anubis) has won and left the game.
|Night 5: Things are about to get crazy... again.|
|The neighbourhood was getting emptier and emptier. Those remaining had decided to put their differences aside and form a joint government over the streets. Sure, most of the animals had died or moved away but Christmas was coming up and soon there would be new kittens and puppies meowving into the area. Peaches met with Nana to discuss the situation. "I know and you know what the outcome of this will be, and I'm happy to align our powers with you. But the problem is, the host known as Roawramyna will not allow us to join forces until there are only 2 of us left."|
Peaches carefully ripped open the envelope with her dew claw, and pulled out the official looking certificate. Peaches,
We have identified you as an excellent candidate for our purposes. Please accept this official invitation to become a part of the Animal Avengers Secret Society.
|Vine, Andrew and Brain had gone through many trials and tribulations together and through all the paranoia and thoughts of betrayal, they had finally reached a level of loyalty; a great achievement even for dogs. They had almost reached their goal but first they needed to make another sacrifice. Vine stepped up to be the martyr.
While Andrew and Brain thanked her for her loyalty to the cause, she replied "Haven't you heard of the Rainbow Bridge? It's where all the animals go after they die. There are vast fields and many animals to play with, never-ending toys and treats, and we're reunited with our loving owners!"
And so Andrew led Vine to a bridge and pushed her over the edge into the fast flowing stream. She hit her head and as the blood spread through the water, her features formed a peaceful, half smiling expression. Simultaneously, the blood formed the word P..e..a..c..h..e..s.
Dizzy was feeling peaceful. The neighbourhood was much quieter lately and it was a good feeling to know she'd risen to the top of the chain. Otto and her had become firm buddies and had planned an alliance that would suit the both of them. But first, Dizzy decided to stop in to get some advice from Clairvoyant Mewmeow.
She explained her issue; that she and Otto had planned an alliance but she needed to double check any loopoles or laws that would come into play.
"Ah, yes, but I figured you could communicate with the Spirit, Roawramyna as to what would be an officially recongisable alliance."
"No problem. Just donate three dead fish and some catnip and I will get started." Having received the donation, the clairvoyant concentrated on his third eyelids. As his paws began to shake, his voice got deeper, and then gradually got higher until Dizzy had to cover her ears and wince. MewMeow coughed and his voice returned to normal.
"I have a message. Do you have a pen?"
"Very well then. Here goes: Roawra says to ensure a legal alliance, you must: 'Remember not to always refrain from never not shooting each other.' As long as you remember that, you'll be fine."
"Ooh, I'm late to meet Otto, must go. Thank you very much, bye bye now", answered Dizzy.
"Okay, okay, okay... Let's take it slow. 'Never not shoot', That's shoot, right? So always remember to refrain from shooting. Got it!"
And so Dizzy continued on her way to meet Otto, with a bounce in her step, knowing the war was finally over. Otto met Dizzy at the door. "Come in, come in! Great to see you!"
"Sorry I'm late, I had to check in with MewMeow about the rules of creating a tie win," answered Dizzy.
"No problem. So you know what we have to do then?"
"Yep, and you know too, right? I mean, you won't betray me or anything like that?" Otto scoffed. "No, don't be crazy. I never could have got here without you and neither could you!"
"Okay, so on the count of three, let's shake hands and then 'ally'" replied Otto. Dizzy was a little confused but shrugged and agreed.
One, two, three: They shook hands and then both reached into their coat pockets.
Dizzy pulled out a mirror and Otto pulled out a gun.
BANG! Otto pulled off a shot!
But Dizzy had already lifted the mirror in front of her face and was fixing her fur, so the bullet ricocheted off the mirror and hit Brainiac, who was standing just outside the door eavesdropping!
Andrew ran over to Brain. "Brain! Brain! What did you think you were doing?!"
Brain struggled to reply. "Always... never.... not.... Get your double, quadruple negatives right, you,.... you.... *gurgle* We had a deal.... *khhfgghjkhhhhhhkkkhhhphew*"
But it was too late. Brain was dead. And Andrew was alone again.
It has come to my attention that I'd said NK could not be redirected. This changes the outcome of the game so the actual result is: Otto Night-Killed Andrew Dizzy tried to redirect Brainy to Brainy but as Otto/Brainy didn't use her block and NK can't be redirected, the redirect failed.
Hence, Brain is the last player standing and Baddies and Indy win the game! Congratulations to Brainiac and MikeD for the win!
Unfortunately Andrew and Vine are precluded from the win, as they were born or naturalized Animal Avengers and dual citizenship is not recognised. Sorry for the confusion and extra apologies to the Animal Avengers for dashing your hopes.
End of Game Roster Edit
Hosts: Aura and Mew --- IGM: Aki
- Thal - Ribby - Lynched D3
- plasmid - Vera - Killed N2 by Peaches (Baddies)
- MikeD - Sweetie - Killed N3 by Ribby
- Slick - Ricky - Lynched D4
- Iawy - Pepper and Tommy - Lynched D2
- Fat Tony - Mario and Luigi - Killed N4 by Anubis
- Nana - Kelly - Killed N5 by Peaches (Baddies)
- Brainiac100 - Otto
- Andrew - Dizzy - Killed N6
- Aaryan - Anubis - Won N4 and left the game
- Clozo - Max - Killed N4 by Otto (Baddies)
- benjer3 - Zoee - Killed N3 by Dizzy (Baddies)
- Stardust - Bazzie - Sweetie - Lynched D1
- Vineetrika - Peaches - Lynched D4
|List of actions|