|How I Met Your Mafia|
|Link||How I Met Your Mafia BTSC threads|
|Winning Faction||The Bossess|
|First to Die||Okosan, Boquise|
|Last Remaining||TheProphet, Shadow, Plasmid, Barc|
It began on August 18, 2015 and ended in a The Bossess win in N5 (August 27).
Game Mechanics Edit
Players may not act on themselves.
NK's have carriers.
Traps save, block, and silence. Traps trapping each other in a closed loop will succeed.
Redirects cannot redirect players to themselves. Simultaneous redirects, on the third player or on each other, will fail.
Players receiving messages will not be told whom the message is from.
Shown in np: kill attempts, used saves, traps. Players will be privately informed if they are blocked. Redirected players will not be informed.
In case of a tie, no one dies.
Baddies #1: The Bosses
- Hammond Druthers - Ted’s demanding boss with taste that is, how to say, questionable. (Trap)
- Arthur Hobbs - Marshall’s boss, whose two loves are his dog Tugboat and screaming at people. (Redirect)
- Sandy Rivers - Robin’s boss, an anchorman who enjoys dropping his anchor in a few too many places. (Messenger)
Baddies #2: The Exes
- Stella Zinman - Stole Ted’s heart, then left him standing at the altar. (Trap)
- Jeanette Peterson - A police officer who appears to have a few screws loose, as Ted realised a bit too late. (Redirect)
- Zoey Pierson - An activist who loved her cause more than she did Ted. (Messenger)
- Ted Mosby - The protagonist, a romantic searching for his one true love, and failing. (Save)
- Marshall Eriksen - The best friend, a gentle giant with a law degree whose true desire is to save the planet. (Block)
- Lily Aldrin - Marshall’s one true love, a kindergarten teacher whose true desire is to be an artist. (Messenger)
- Barney Stinson - A philanderer in a suit who attempts to make every night the best night of his life. (Die roll, 1-save, 2-follow spy, 3-lookout spy, 4-block, 5-trap, 6-kill)
- Robin Scherbatsky - Canadian Scotch and gun lover, raised and named after her father, who really wanted a son. (Kill)
- James Stinson - Barney’s half brother, who is both entirely different from Barney in appearance and taste. (Trap)
- Carl Maclaren - Owner and bartender of Maclaren’s, the bar the gang frequents. (Role Spy)
Host's Summary Edit
Game Idea and Expectations Edit
Winning Faction Edit
- TheProphet - Arthur Hobbs
- Plasmid - Sandy Rivers
- Shadow - Hammond Druthers
Day and Night Posts Edit
Hey kids, did I ever tell you the story of how I met your mafia?
It was a long summer evening, spent like many before it, me and the gang hanging out at our table at Maclaren's Bar, tossing back some beers and listening to your uncle Barney's latest stories.
I was rolling my eyes at your uncle Barney's saying "true story!" when I saw her.
She was wearing a flowing flowered blouse and her hair cascaded softly onto her shoulders like dark golden silk.
She had a fruity drink in one hand and was gesturing animatedly with the other in a way that was like nothing I had ever seen before. Her friends were all staring intently at her and either shaking their heads or nodding in agreement, entranced by her words.
At that moment, I knew. This feeling was something different, something special. I had to know what it was.
So I took a big gulp of my liquid courage and walked over to her.
"Excuse me," I inquired. "I couldn't help but noticing you."
She turned to me, a bit startled, but she gave me a warm smile and I felt encouraged.
"I don't usually do this, I'm not usually this forward," I started babbling, but then I took a deep breath and asked the most important question of my life. "This thing you are doing with these other people, it looks amazing. What is it?"
And that, kids, is the story of How I Met Your Mafia.
Kids, did I ever tell you about the night where we were trapped in a double double?
It was a warm summer evening and I unfortunately was NOT hanging out at Maclaren's Bar with the gang, I was stuck working over-time due to my boss, Hammond Druthers, deciding he wanted to make some last minute changes to the plans and deciding at the same time he did not want to be the one to make those plans.
But I was not the only one trapped that night due to Druthers' fickleness. A dude named Plasmid was stuck there as well, un-marking and re-marking the blue prints.
I finished just before him and called out to him on my way out. He replied that he was nearly finished and wished me a good night. He had no idea what was coming, poor guy.
And what was coming was Stella Zinman. As he packed up and made his way out of the office, she trapped him in the stairwell and, well, his plans for the rest of the night, what was left of it, flew out the window.
Meanwhile your uncle Barney was searching for a way to make his night ... well, you know. He thought he had found it when he saw Gubbey from behind, with his long flowing hair and skinny jeans. He decided to trap his prey with a play out of his playbook, and was deciding between the Confused Inheritor and the Bionic Man when he saw none other than his own brother, James Stinson, beating him to the punch!
"Hey, bro, what you are doing?" Barney asked, befuddled. "I thought you were into dudes, dude."
James laughed. "I am."
While this was all happening, on the other side of town another intern could not take Artillery Arthur's penchant for screaming at everybody and anybody a minute longer. Boquise watched the sunset from the roof of the Goliath Bank building, enjoying one last smoke, and then he stepped off it.
But he was not the only casualty of the night. Before she had gone about trapping Plasmid, Stella had "accidentally" forgotten to check that the prescription she wrote for Okosan was safe for use on the avian species.
Psssst. Hey kids, your Uncle Barney here.
You know how your dad always tells you these long stories where nothing happens, because, well, let's face it, your dad's lame.
Well that's exactly what happened today. Nothing. Laaaaame.
Hey kids, instead of hearing a boring old story from your dad, how would you like to hear about the night of light and dark?
I know, of course you do, you love all my stories. And why wouldn't you? I'm awesome.
Well it was the night my brother James had just proposed to his boyfriend Tom and he was over the moon. I know, whats up with that? Being happy about being chained to a single partner the rest of your life? Barf. Anyhow, he was beaming as brightly as anybody of his, well, demeanor could, when suddenly a Shadow loomed over him.
He was so happy, how dare this shadow eclipse his luminosomeness ™? Of course he couldn't let it, he's my brother after all, so he went to that Shadow and showed it what's what by trapping it by a street lamp. True story.
Oh yeah, and your aunt Robin's boss Sandy Rivers just finished taking a dip in a lady's tub, and he was ready to get out of there before the water got chilly, if you know what I mean, wink wink. But before he could a bright Aura shone upon him, castigating him for hopping out of there so soon.
For a moment, that party-pooper known as "the conscience" caused him to revel in self-reflection, or something like that, but then he took a look at the curvature of the tub he just got out of and it killed whatever effect the Aura was having on him right quick.
Oh, and of course, I was taking note of some curvature of my own. Yep, it's good to be awesome.
Hi kids. This is your uncle Marshal with a very important public safety announcement.
You know how your Aunt Robin goes by the pseudonym ScotchnGunLover, because, well, she loves scotch and guns.
Hi kids, this is your aunt Robin. Yeah dying sucks.
But not as much as having Sandy Rivers as my boss. Man, that guy just couldn't stop chasing after girls.
But the dumb police mistook her self-defense as an attack and shot her. Poor yuiop.
Oh yeah, and Ted's b**** of an ex-girlfriend took a scalpel and dissected the burger king, and had some major inferiority complex issues with Shadow.
Oh and one more thing I should confess before I go into the light, good for my soul and all that b***.
You remember how your father went through this massive effort to find my locket and then his crazy ex-girlfriend threw my locket into the Hudson River and your even more crazy father dove in after it?
Well, he doesn't know this, but after I found out, I made a less massive effort to find the crazy ex (hooray for the internet) and, well, I threw her into the Hudson River.
So, yeah, sorry. I hope this doesn't affect my ability to get into heaven.
Screw it, I'm not sorry. She deserved, heaven probably sucks anyhow. All that boring peace and tranquility. I bet they don't have guns and scotch up there. How lame.
End of Game Roster Edit
- TheProphet - Arthur Hobbs
- Plasmid - Sandy Rivers
- Vommack - Carl Maclaren - Killed N3 by The Exes
- EDM - Jeanette Peterson - Lynched D3
- Aura - Marshal Eriksen - Killed N2 by The Bosses
- Okosan - Ted Mosby - Killed N1 by The Exes
- Shadow - Hammond Druthers
- Boquise - Barney Stinson - Killed N1 by The Bossess
- Barc - Zoe Pierson
- Jay - James Stinson - Killed N4 by The Bossess
- Yuiop - Lily Aldrin - Killed N3 by The Bossess
- Dd515 - Stella Zinman - Killed N5 by The Bosses
- Nina - Robin Scherbatsky - Lynched D2
|List of actions|