|Lord of the Rings Mafia|
|Host||RainThinker and Pw0nzd|
|Link||Lord of the Rings Mafia|
|Size||15 Players (Large)|
|Start Date||Feb 1, 2009|
|First to Die||Awesomely-Awesome Person & Riranor & Randro & Twin_pop|
|Last Remaining||Prince_Marth85, Social Darwin, Limey, A. Person, Reaymond, Peace, Someguy, Clozo, JarZe, Twin Bro|
It began on February 1, 2009 and was later halted on February 24th, then does not appear to have restarted. Day 1 post was made Feb 12, Night 2 post was never made and all agreed to restart game later, though that never happened.
Game Mechanics Edit
The Fellowship: Not BTSC other than Frodo and Sam (or Merry and Pippin by their BTSC condition) Wins by killing all baddies, the Balrog, and Gollum if he has killed Frodo.
- Frodo: Can follow a player to find out their action for that night. Frodo cannot be killed unless Sam is dead (Has BTSC with Sam)
- Sam: Can prevent a player from acting for one night. (Cannot target the same player two times in a row) (Has BTSC with Frodo)
- Aragorn: Can save a player every other night.
- Gimli: Can beat a player into unconsciousness for insulting his short stature, so they cannot vote in the lynch vote for one day.
- Legolas: Can use his elf eyes to see a player’s role once every turn.
- Merry: Can invite a player to go partying somewhere every other turn, that player cannot be targeted that night, but cannot act that night either. (Player may accept or decline) If Merry is targeted by a mafiaso and he is partying with someone, both the players are affected by the mafiaso’s ability. If Merry invites Pippin to go partying, they find out each other’s roles and get BTSC. (cannot target same person twice in a row.)
- Pippin: Can invite a player to go partying somewhere every other night, that player cannot be targeted that night, but cannot act that night either. (Player may accept or decline) If Pippen is targeted by a mafiaso and he is partying with someone, both the players are affected by the mafiaso’s ability. If Pippin invites Merry to go partying, they find out each other’s roles and get BTSC. (Pippin may not act the first night) (cannot target same person twice in a row)
- Gandalf the Grey: Can mistake one player each night for the Balrog and tell them they “SHALL NOT PASS!” (Cannot act for that night). If Gandalf targets the Balrog, or the Balrog targets Gandalf, they will both die, after a certain period of time (only I know) he will come back as Gandalf the White with a new secret power. Gandalf dies normally if he is targeted by an attacker other than the Balrog. (cannot target same person twice in a row)
- Arwen: Can save a player every night, but not the same player twice in a row.
Boromir: May choose at the beginning of the game whether he/she is going to be Goodie or Baddie. Once decided, he may kill a player every night. When Boromir is killed, whether in night or day, his role choice of goodie or mafiaso will be revealed along with his role. (Joins Fellowship: no BTSC, Joins Army of Mordor: BTSC)
Army of Mordor: Wins if they outnumber innocents. Have BTSC
- Wormtongue: Can change a player’s vote every day, can find a player’s role at night.
- Saruman: Can steal a role’s ability every night.
- The Witch King: Can attack every night. Secret: If he kills 3 people successfully, he may use his malevolent powers to resurrect one player from the dead.
Independents: no BTSC. Win by their specific win conditions
- Balrog: Can kill every other night.
- Gollum: Can find a person’s role every turn, if he targets Frodo and Sam is dead, Gollum kills Frodo. If not, the attack fails by Sam saving Frodo.
Host's Summary Edit
Game Idea and Expectations Edit
Sam and Frodo were both targeted to be killed on Night 1, But Sam saved Frodo before dying. The Balrog was the one to kill Sam, but was killed by Saruman immediatly afterwards. Arwen saves Prince_Marth85, who was Saruman.
Winning Faction Edit
Day and Night Posts Edit
|It started with a ring, the one ring to rule them all. Both sides wanted it, but only one would become the master of it. As the Fellowship of fifteen headed away from Rivendell, they noticed that 5 of their number had disappeared. “Where had they gone?” they all wondered. Four minutes later, the final six members jogged over to where everyone else was waiting, and they headed on their way.
Back in Rivendell
The elf; Glorfindel, was fishing in a large pond on the outskirts of Rivendell. He liked the quietness and solitude of this pond, and came here every day to fish. Suddenly his line jerked, “Oh! I’ve got a big one!” cried the excited Glorfindel. Heaving backwards on the pole he heaved a large object out of the pond, and onto the grassy bank beside him. Looking over at his catch, he noticed something strange. Where fish normally round and hairy? Nervously poking it with his fishing pole, he began to back away. One poke from the pole rolled the hairy object over, revealing what it was. Glorfindel let out an ear-piercing shriek, and fled as fast as he could from the pond towards Rivendell. The object that had scared the elf so badly, was the severed head of one of the original Fellowship. As the sun sank into the horizon, the light that had glazed the pond over when Glorfindel was fishing faded. The now-clear pond finally revealed its content, the bodies of the 5 missing (but now replaced) members of the Fellowship of the Ring.
The Fellowship, turning back to take one last look at Rivendell, saw Glorfindel sprinting towards them; all the while crying “We’ve been tricked!
We’ve been tricked! Five of the fellowship are not who they say they are! You must stop them!” Before he could continue, there was a hissing sound, and the fifteen members watched helplessly as the elf crumpled lifelessly to the ground, an arrow piercing his neck. Later, as night fell, everyone was preparing to sleep. They were still uneasy after what Glorfindel had warned them about. No one would sleep easy that night…
|Night 1: A Horrible Way to Go...|
The Witch King crept silently towards were he knew Social Darwin was sleeping that night. As he neared where SD lay, he quietly drew his sword out of the sheath at his side. Lifting the blade high above the unmoving form, he plunged the blade deep into the shape below him. The sword made only a slight hiss as it penetrated the blankets and through the person under them. The Witch King, now suspicious about the lack of noise when he stabbed Social Darwin, pulled away the sheets that covered the body before him revealing only a bundle of straw placed under the covers. Gritting his teeth in anger that his target had evaded him, the Witch King slunk away to wait until the next night to strike again.
The Balrog was trying to be as sneaky as it could as it creeped up on Riranor, who was on watch. Of course, with the massive form of the Balrog, being sneaky is out of the question. Disregarding it previous motive it pulled out its massive flaming whip; with a loud CRACK it wrapped the whip around Riranor, effectively burning him to a crisp.
Twin_pop could not sleep that night, so he decided to go for a small walk. As he walked through the low brush, he heard a soft voice behind him. "Why up so late? Could you not sleep?" Deciding it was a better choice not to turn around, Twin_pop called over his shoulder, "No, the moon is too bright. If only I had some darkness to sleep in.."”
“"I'd be happy to share my method of falling asleep with you my friend, all you simply have to do is look up."”
Twin_pop nervously looked up, and his mouth gaped open in surprise as he saw the massive boulder floating over his head as if held by magic. Before he could cry out for help the boulder dropped, crushing him instantaneously. "Sleep tight!" cackled Saruman, as he walked back to the camp.
Awesomely-Awesome Person snuck towards the food stash to get her usual midnight-snack. Picking up her bag, she pulled a blueberry muffin out of it and took a big bite. "A little strange tasting, but it's probably a little stale" she thought as she took another bite. On her third bite of the muffin, she realized there was a clenching sensation in her throat. Coughing she tried to spit out the rest of her snack, only to find out her jaw had seized up as well. Falling to the ground choking, she looked up to see Boromir standing over her. "Help! I'm choking!" she tried to say, but the only thing that came out was a hacking cough. Throat now completely blocked off, her vision began to fade to black. Boromir watched as her twitching subsided, then walked away towards the campfire and his bed.
Randro was sitting on a rock nearby the camp, when suddenly a rough burlap sack was thrust over his head and something heavy hit his head. His vision flashed white for a moment, and then faded to black. When he woke up he was in a clearing in the forest with a figure masked in shadow sitting calmly next to him. "What do you want?" Randro asked nervously, afraid of what might the warrior's answer would be. His fear was confirmed by the grim answer. "Your life, my friend.."”
Swinging his sword mightily, he decapitated Randro with one blow. Looking up, he saw the sun beginning to rise and quickly ran back to camp before anyone woke up.
|I let Neptune decided how he would die, hope you people don’t find it too violent ;)
RainThinker looked down at the parchment in his hand, written on it was all the members of the fellowship. All of them, for the past few hours, had been arguing about who they would kill this day and finally they had come to a conclusion. It was a tie between Prince_Marth85 and NeptunesObsoleteVersion. While RainThinker was looking at his parchment, there was a small movement in the crowd. Wormtongue snuck up behind a player in the mob, and whispered something in their ear. Moments later, the member called out, "I changed my vote to Neptune!" Everyone turned to look at Neptune, who surprisingly, didn't look phased by this new turn of events at all. "It has been decided, Neptune is the one to be lynched." Said RainThinker, he then nodded to Pw0nzd who dragged up a massive guillotine. Neptune was quickly dragged to the contraption, and his head placed under the blade. "I thought you people knew I was a saving role..."”were his last words before the razor-edged blade dropped.
End of Game Roster Edit
- Prince_Marth85 - Saruman
- Social Darwin - Frodo
- limeliam - Aragorn
- A. Person - Boromir
- Reaymond - Legolas
- Awesomely-Awesome Person - Gimli - Killed by Boromir N1
- Neptune'sObsoleteVersion - Lynched D1 and found to be Arwen
- Riranor - Sam - Killed by Balrog N1
- Peace*Out - Pippin
- Randro - Gollum - Killed by Aragorn's special ablility N1
- Someguy - Merry
- Clozobozo - Wormtongue
- JarZe - Gandalf the grey
- Twin Bro - The Witch King
- twin_pop - Balrog - Killed by Army of Mordor N1
|List of actions|