|Host||NickFleming & EDM|
|Size||13 Players (Medium)|
|Roster|| 1. maurice|
|First to Die||Slick|
|Last Remaining|| 3. MissKitten|
It began on November 6th, 2010 and ended in a Goodie (Mafia) win in N5 (November 15th, 2010).
This games was designed as a reverse of classical Mafia story setting, where Mafia is actually the Uninformed Majority and FBI is the Informed Minority. Also, the labels Baddies and Goodies were used for story purposes, the opposite of classical Mafia* (for the purposes of the wiki, the coloring of the factions follows the classical setting)
- Tie Lynch: Random between the tied players
- FBI kill is assigned to a person, and can be blocked, but not redirected
(Uninformed Majority): Mafia
WinCon: Eliminate FBI
- Godfather: Cannot be killed in any way besides lynch as long as bodyguard is alive. Has BTSC with Consigliere. Vote is weighted x2.
- Consigliere: The Godfather's chief advisor. Has BTSC with Godfather. Can redirect one person each night. If his target is an FBI/Indy, then they must choose whether to do what the Consigliere says or be outed. Their choice is sent with their action
- Bodyguard: As long as the Bodyguard lives, so does the Godfather. Can block one action each night.
- Informant: Has connections on the streets. Can learn the role of one person each night.
- Crooked Cop: On the mafia's payroll. Can save a person from a lynch ONCE, can PM me about it and change their mind up until day post.
- Corrupt Official: Also on the mafia's payroll. Can make any vote count x0 or x2.
- Hitman: Takes care of the dirty work for the mafia. Can kill one person each night.
- Initiator: Has learned to read body language to tell if new initiates are telling the truth. Can PM the host once each day and night to learn if a statement was true.
(Informed Minority): Federal Bureau of Investigation
WinCon: Become Majority and take down Old Partner if he goes into a murderous rage.
- Inside Man: An agent planted in the mafia. Through conversation learns the role of one person each night.
- Surveillance Specialist: Closely, but carefully, follows one person each night to learn who they visited.
- Interrogator: Roleblocker. Can pull one person in for questioning each night. Of course, due to the mafia's code of silence, he learns nothing. But that way they can't cause any crimes that night.
- Tech Specialist: Pretty much a hacker. Redirecter.Each night can send a message to someone which is apparently from someone they trust, the contents of which will be their new target.
WinCon: Have game end with Inside Man still alive, wins with FBI. If Inside Man is killed, then kill either the first person to vote for Inside Man (whose vote stayed on him) or whoever killed him.
- Inside Man's Old Partner: After screwing up a big case and getting fired, he's turned to a life of crime to make ends meet. Can mug one person each night, blocking them. If Inside Man dies, then he goes into a murderous rage and his block is replaced with a kill.
Game Idea and Expectations
NickFleming wanted a reverse Mafia where Mafia were the uninformed minority and the townies have called in the FBI to take them out. Originally labeled Reverse Mafia, this was renamed to MaFBIa.
- Night 1 - The baddies tried to NK the Godfather, the only unkillable Goodie in the game. However, the wording in EDM's night post and the subsequent contradictory explanations by NickFleming and EDM have left the baddies confused on why the NK had failed. The Mafia finds out Maurice is a spy.
- Day 1 - Slick/the Indy is lynched in a short day where all of the Mafia vote manipulators were inactive.
- Night 2 - The Mafia takes out Slick 2.0 who replaced jakeknowslittle, instead of taking out the known spy. They try to redirect the spy to self.
- Day 2 - After being counter-pressured, Maurice outs his role and points to Araver. Due to the Mafia Vote Manipulator voting for Maurice, he is lynched.
- Night 3 - Dudley Dude as the Hitman decides not to take out Araver for fear of being redirected. At the same time, the Mafia NK is blocked when Vineetrika/Bodyguard block OneTruth. The consigliere redirects Araver to self, preventing any effect on the game/Mafia kill.
- Day 3' - The FBI gives Araver away to be lynched, although inactiveness from a lot of Goodies could have prevented the lynch. With the Baddie redirector gone, the Hitman can finally act.
- Night 4 - Onetruth, outed by N3 block, is taken out by the Hitman. Molly is blocked by the Bodyguard, being outed as the Surveillance Specialist who is not mentioned in the night-post. Marq is NKed.
- Day 4 - Molly pulls a no-contest after being blocked (plus his unsuccessful claim to be the Mafia killer during the previous day)
- Night 5 - The Hitman finishes the last remaining FBI (Izzy), while the Consigliere mistakenly pulls the Bodyguard away from Izzy.
- DudleyDude as Hitman - for taking out two baddies at night (Onetruth in N4 and Izzy in N5) and for not acting until the baddie redirector (Araver) was killed.
- Vineetrika as Bodyguard - for exposing two baddies at night (Onetruth in N3 and MollyMae in N4). She has a record of blocking only baddies (Araver, Izzy, Onetruth, Molly then Izzy again).
- The reverse goodie/baddie tags confused several people in the game thread.
- There was no clear ending times for the cycles, and critical game information (tie lynch rules or a precedence of actions was missing)
- The baddies were confused after N1 after contradictions between the two co-hosts in the Baddie BTSC in the interpretation of N1 and N3 results.
- The interpretation of clashes between same-type actions led to some parts of the N3 post being retracted by the host. The decision to award the goodie actions (blocks, redirects) priority over baddie actions during the game messed with the balance of the game.
- No alternate endings actually possible: The Indy was lynched D1 and the baddies were outed by being spied or blocked N3 and N4. However, baddies lost on their own play, by not taking out the Informant immediately after they found him out and not covering each other in D3 and D4 lynches when inactivity could have helped them win or at least tie the lynches.
Mafia (Uninformed Majority)
- maurice - Informant
- Slick 2.0 (jakeknowslittle) - Corrupt Official
- MissKitten - Crooked Cop
- Vipe195 - Godfather
- DudleyDude - Hitman
- Vineetrika - Bodyguard
- Glycereine - Consigliere
- Marq - Initiator
Day and Night Posts
|"What do you mean they’ve got a man on the inside?!?!?!?!?"
The Consigliere stepped behind the Godfather and put a hand on his soldier. The bodyguard glared at him, a look saying that if he tried anything, he'd be off the ground and through the large glass window behind the desk in a heartbeat. The Consigliere just rolled his eyes. "Sir, he only came to tell you. It's not his fault." The Godfather released his prisoner's collar. The Informant brushed off his clothes, trying to regain his dignity. He hated being the bearer of bad news, but he always received his money. "How'd you find this out?" "I have my connections. Now are you gonna pay me or what?" The Godfather glanced to a corner of the room. The Informant followed his gaze. There stood a tall man in a black pinstripe suit and a matching fedora. The corner was on the same side of the room as the door, so he hadn't seen him when he walked in. He must have been standing there, watching, the entire time. The Godfather asked, fingers drumming on his desk,"Is he telling the truth?" The Initiator responded with the slightest of nods.
The Godfather pulled out his checkbook, and the Informant raised an eyebrow. "Uh-uh." he said. "I want cash." The Godfather sighed and put away his checkbook, along with his disappearing ink pen. "How much?" The Informant considered this carefully. He wanted to get as much money as possible, but didn't want to insult him. Most definitely didn't want to insult him. "Seven grand." "Six it is."
The Tech Specialist heard the Informant's sigh. He smiled to himself. It'd been hell getting that bug in there, but it was totally worth it. He pulled out his walkie-talkie, held down the button, and said, "They’re on to you.” “Who’s on to me?” “Who else?” A sigh could be heard. Great, the Inside Man thought. I blew my cover. There goes that raise. “Crap!” “What?” “I just got a ticket!” Laughter. “You’re kidding me?” “No. I must’ve forgotten to put another quarter in that dumb parking meter.” “That’s what you get for being in that dumb white van instead of a Bureau car. What’s your cover this week?” “Air Conditioning.”
The Crooked Cop walked away from the van, smiling. He was one ticket closer for his quota for this week. He panned the various allies, but saw nothing. There’d recently been a mugger operating around here, and for once he wasn’t under the mafia. So he walked back from his squad car and drove off. A head peeked out of an alley, looking left, looking right, and then Old Partner emerged. That was close, he thought to himself. Gotta move to a new area.
“If you fine people elect me, I will rid us of those who plague our streets, who await us in alleys, who force us to pay them so that we might be safe at night! I will eradicate the Mafia!” Applause. How gullible people were, the Hitman thought. He could almost see the strings at all of the Corrupt Politician’s joint, with the very same people he’d promised to destroy controlling them. He almost wanted to shoot the man. But he couldn’t. He’d been paid quite handsomely to protect the man, so he made a quick scan through the scope of his sniper rifle, looking for any would-be assassinators.
The Surveillance specialist noted the sniper-rifle barrel pointing out the window far above him, but didn’t worry. This guy was so rotten it’d be a mercy if he was shot. But it was no doubt the Mafia, looking after their investment, and so he didn’t have to worry.
The Interrogator sat at home on his recliner, bowl of ice cream resting on the arm, the TV displaying the newest episode of Glee. Hey, today was his day off.
|Slick was out for an evening jog.
How nice out it is he thought to himself. Suddenly, a car pulled up beside his sidewalk, keeping pace until he slowed to a halt. The car door opened. There sat the Interrogator. "Is there a problem, sir?" "Yes. You're under arrest." "But... why?" THWACK. Slick fell to the ground, holding his jaw, his face contorted in pain. The driver looked back and eyed the Interrogator quizzically, whose hand was still clenched in a fist. "What? I'm the only one who asks questions around here."
MissKitten was walking along when she felt someone following her. She started running; she felt her stalker closing in on her. But before she could turn around, she heard a slight muffled sound. Turning, she saw her stalker, pinned down by another, both in the shadows. She ran off; heaving a sigh of relief. She was safe tonight....and so was everyone else...
|Slick was released from the police station early in the morning. He saw a crowd gathering in the middle of the street, and decided to see what it was all about. Strange, he thought. He noticed a lot of Italian accents. There seemed to be an argument going on...
"It's Dudley." "Oh, I knew I never should've trusted him." "I think it's Glycereine." "I think you're right!" Suddenly, all the eyes turned on him. "Is it... you?" Slick was getting nervous. Who were these people? What did they mean? "Who ARE you?" Slick was really freaking out now. He started backing up. "My-my name is akaslickster, s-s-slick for short." "That's not what I meant." Suddenly there was a sharp pain between Slick's ribs. He looked down and saw a gash in his shirt. Then the cloth around it started turning red. "But..." Slick's body shook. It wasn't just a cut, he realized. It was poisoned. He saw a glint of metal, saw his assailant, tried to point him out, but it was too late. The poison had spread too far. Slick collapsed on the ground. "Tell... tell Inside Man... I'm sorry." Suddenly a large man, with an accent thicker than the rest, burst forward. He had an air of authority about them, and he was obviously their leader. "Inside Man... what would be the err... name, of this Inside Man?" "I can't tell you." The Godfather was caught off-balance. "Can't tell me? Why not?" "It would... reveal his identity." "That's sort of the idea." "But... the host isn't supposed to reveal identities in posts... only information." The Godfather was very confused now. "What do you mean?" Slick smiled weakly, the light in his eyes like that of a candle, weak, flickering, soon to go out. Slick laughed, a raspy laugh that was almost a cough. "Goodbye." Somewhere in the crowd, a tear fell on the ground. Inside Man's Old Partner was dead.
|Izzy was sitting on her couch, bucket of popcorn beside her, finally rewatching the Star Wars prequels. Suddenly there loomed a large shadow over her. She slowly turned around. There stood the Bodyguard, with a frying pan. He'd forgotten to bring his own weapon, but had seen this in the kitchen and decided it would do nicely. The pan arced down, and Izzy collapsed, unconcious. The Bodyguard saw what was on and, deciding Izzy wouldn't wake up til morning, pushed her over to one side of the couch, stole her popcorn, and finished watching the movie for Izzy.
The Surveillance Specialist had a new toy. He'd bought an RC helicopter at Walmart and hooked up a small, lightweight thermal camera to it. The camera sent back a live video feed to the controller, which he of course had. Glyc never noticed it.
Slick had been found at the foot of the hostpital door, with multiple blows to the head and knife wounds. He'd hardly been breathing. But they took him up to a room, and he made a miraculous recovery. He was now walking out of the hospital, good as new. However, the blows to the face had been disfiguring, so they had to perform some facial reconstruction. It was a new Slick! Slick 2.0, he liked to call himself. All of a sudden, a gunshot rang out. HOLY CRAP! Slick thought, Someone just tried to shoot me! He took out his pocket knife, just in case he needed it, and ran. And then went flying through the air. He'd tripped over a pothole. He landed on his pocket knife and cut a long gash through his stomach, disemboweling himself. He was found once again, and checked out in the morning. Through the back door.
The Interrogator had found out nothing last night, but he decided to try again. He was driving around when he saw Marq. She'll do, he thought. He got out of his car. "You're under arrest!"
|The mafia were all in an argument.
Izzy! The votes were cast, and the coins brought out. Yet they were not needed. Some vote(s), it seemed, were worth more than others. The mafia approached Maurice. Maurice was confused. "What do you know?" they asked him. Maurice whistled to himself. He wasn't sharing all that he knew. "Nothing. Nothing at all." "LIES! Who's the inside man?" "What?" "WHOSE THE INSIDE MAN?" "I... I don't know..." "THEN DIE!" A flash of metal, and then a boom like thunder. Maurice collapsed, his hands held against his stomach. Blood was leaking between his fingers. Maurice looked up, a look of surprise on his face. "But... it's not fair..." Maurice's eyes glazed over, and his head fell to the ground. The Informant was dead.
OT was browsing LoTR merchandise online, admiring a chess set with a map of Middle Earth beneath the semi-transparent board. She just wanted to reach out and caress it… A shadow fell upon her. Quite a large shadow, actually. She turned around and saw the bodyguard, holding a frying pan with a strange-shaped dent in it. She fell into a deep, deep, sleep, imagining herself as one of the chess pieces…
The Surveillance Specialist had finally gotten clearance on those traffic cams. He'd had the tech specialist program it for him to recognize Izzy's license plate. Anywhere she went, he'd see.
Araver's phone buzzed in his pocket. A new message from the Consigliere… He opened it and read it very carefully. This one was legit.
The Inside Man mixed among the crowds of mafia, having conversations and analyzing everything.
|It was another confusing day, but araver was finally singled out...
"What do you want?" araver said, as he saw the FBI/Mafia coming towards him... "Where is it?" They asked "Where's what?" he asked back...
"Trying Reverse Psychology now?" they said. Araver started running, but was soon caught by the mob. With a quick and hard blow, Araver was gone, a small pool of blood forming along the pavement.... the Tech Specialist was finally gone.....
|The Hitman would finally kill tonight. He'd negotiated the terms of the contract, and put everything in place. His target, Onetruth was visiting some friends tonight who lived out in the suburbs. Or at least that's what he'd planned. The Hitman parked his truck along the narrow country road, and hid in a nearby snow bank. And then he waited. After about an hour, his target came, driving slowly. He recognized the license plate. As she drew near the truck, she slowed down to make sure she got safely past it. The Hitman made his move. He strolled calmly to Onetruth's car, cocked his shotgun once, and blew her brains out. They had to do DNA tests to recognize the body.
Molly Mae was out walking around the streets, trying to wave over a taxi. Finally, one pulled over. He got in, and the driver turned around, asking "Where to?"Molly immediately tried to get out of the car. The driver was the Bodyguard. But the doors were locked. The Bodyguard sighed to himself, and pressed the Trunk Monkey button above his dashboard. A compartment in the back seat opened up, and a chimpanzee came out and beat MM to within an inch of his life. He woke up in the morning in a Barbie Doll warehouse, a naked Ken hanging in front of his face.
Glyc had just found a library book he'd been searching for for a week. He couldn't bear to think what the overdue charge would be. He decided to just drop it in the slot and see whether or not they billed him. He passed by the brick wall that enclosed the library, and was met with a blast of knockout gas to the face. The Interrogator dragged him to the FBI station, which was next door, as government buildings always seem to be on the same bits of land. He was released in the morning, his book one more day overdue.
Vineetrika was outside his apartment. There was this flickering light that just kept annoying him. On, off, on, off, on, off. It had been doing this for months, and in his aggravation he'd come out to just stare at the thing with a mad glare. He was considering throwing a rock at it and just destroying the lightbulb when a gunshot rang out. It hit a wire suspended above Vineetrika, severing it. It swung down toward him, electrocuting him. His charred and blackened corpse was found by the electrical crew.
The Inside Man was playing cards tonight with some 'fellow' mafia members. He'd managed to make the Bureau pay for it, and he was thoroughly enjoying himself! Listening and analyzing everything, but definitely enjoying himself.
Marq was outside his apartment. There was this flickering light that just kept annoying her. On, off, on, off, on, off. It had been doing this for months, and in her aggravation she'd come out to just stare at the thing with a mad glare. She was considering throwing a rock at it and just destroying the lightbulb when a gunshot rang out. It hit a wire suspended above Marq, severing it. It swung down toward her, electrocuting her. Her charred and blackened corpse was found by the electrical crew.
|It was time for the votes; Molly Mae was done for....
"We've got you, now!!! It's time for you to sleep with the fishes...."
MM took it quietly, knowing it was no use fighting. It was over......
There was no complaining or screaming as the mob took MM to a room and used him as target practice.
|Tonight was the night. It was all gonna end. DudleyDude and Izzy stood at opposite ends of the street. Tonight, one of them was going to die. One could just imagine a tumbleweed crossing the path in front of them. Dudleydude drew his rifle, aiming at Izzy.
The bullet flew, flying true, going straight for Izzy's head. There was no way she could dodge. Yet she did not fall. A little clink could be heard. The bullet had stopped, just in front of Izzy's head, and fallen to the ground. Izzy had trained herself in the ways of the force, and now they paid off. DudleyDude didn't know what to do. He only had one bullet. It was a marketing technique. He told potential employers that that was all he ever needed, that he never missed. Before now, that had been true. So he drew his pocket knife. It was all he had. Izzy smiled, and drew her lightsaber. It had taken her months to make it correctly. She pressed the button, and the blade ignited. It glowed a deep purple.
Izzy was so intent upon DudleyDude that she never heard Vineetrika, the Bodyguard sneaking up behind her. He had his frying pan raised, poised above her head. "ARGGHHH!!!!!!" Izzy turned around, knowing there was nothing she could do to stop it. It had taken her by such surprise she could not focus enough to use the force. She closed, waiting for the blow. But it never came. She looked back and saw Glycerine, the Consigliere, wrestling with Vineetrika. She nodded at him in thanks. She turned back to DudleyDude, who until now had been watching in horror. Izzy smiled, whirring her lightsaber around in the air. Her mouth opened, and out came laughter. Cold, merciless laughter. She charged, saber poised above her head.
DudleyDude knew he had only one choice. He waited for Izzy to come close enough. Then he threw his knife. It impaled Izzy's heart, mortally wounding her. She collapsed, holding the knife. Her face showed disbelief. But that look turned to rage. Pure rage. Her fingertips sparked with Sith lightning. She pointed her lightsaver towards DudleyDude, and did the same with her hand, index finger outstretched. Then she pulled it sharply backward, as if beckoning him. DudleyDude went flying through the air, crying out in horror. He was pulled straight onto the blade and impaled. The conflict was over. The mafia had won, the FBI were all dead.
End of Game Roster
Hosts: NickFleming and EDM
- maurice - Informant - Lynched in D2
- Slick 2.0 (jakeknowslittle) - Corrupt Official - Killed in N2 by FBI
- MissKitten - Crooked Cop
- araver - Tech Specialist - Lynched in D3
- Vipe195 - Godfather
- Izzy - Inside Man - Killed by Hitman in N5
- MollyMae - Surveillance Specialist - Lynched D4
- DudleyDude - Hitman - Killed in N5 by FBI
- Vineetrika - Bodyguard
- Glycereine - Consigliere
- Marq - Initiator - Killed in N4 by FBI
- Slick - Inside Man's Old Partner - Lynched D1
- onetruth - Interrogator - Killed by Hitman in N4
|List of actions|