Musical combat time!
|Link||Game thread: Mafia:The Musical! BTSC threads|
|Size||14 Players (Small)|
|Start Date||July 10, 2013|
|First to Die||TheMafiaCube|
|Last Remaining||Hachi, Krystal, Dee, Brainy, Jay, FT, Gas|
It began on July 10, 2013 and ended in a Baddie win in N4 (July 17).
Game Mechanics Edit
- Tie lynch:
- D1:No lynch
- D2+:Random player in the tie lynched
- OOP:RID Kill(Blocking) >Block/Trap>Redirect>Save/Spy>Kill(not blocking)
- Shown in NP:
- Successful save
The Baddies:The Prima Donna and her lackeys, trying to hijack the production. Have BTSC and a Group Kill. Wincon is to gain majority.
- Prima Donna:The vain, egotistical, and all around obnoxious star of the show, but that's not enough. Her popularity lets her decide whose vote REALLY matters. (Vote Manip 0x-2x)
- * The Agent:The Prima Donna's agent, every night he can dig up the dirt on the other actors. (Spy)
- * Le Saboteur: A rouge stage hand trying to win the Prima Donna's heart, even if some songs must be cut short to do so. (Block)
- * The Guy with the Mask:Probably has an epic and emotionally scarring back story for his mask, but no one has the time. Meanwhile he'll do anything to steal the Prima Donna's heart. (Die roll)
The Goodies:The remaining cast and crew, trying to keep the show going relatively normal. Wincon is Last Standing.
- * The Director:Trying to make a name for himself in theater. Each night he can find out who one person is playing by looking through the playbooks. (Spy)
- * The Stage Hand:Using his knowledge of the stage, he can prevent disaster from befalling one of his peers. (Save)
- * The Soprano:The beauty of her symphonies can prevent someone from acting. (Block)
- * The King of Burger:The ruler of the land, unfortunately quite psychopathic. If he doesn't take his medicine, things can get ugly. (Kill)
- * The Jester:If he can find out who's about to be lynched, he can cool down the lynch mob. (RID lynch save)
- * Confused Stagehand:Tries to do right, but ends up giving out the wrong orders. (Redirect)
- * The Coordinator:Announces his messages to everyone every night. (Broadcast)
- * The Director's Aid:While he is alive, he will not allow the director to die. Appears as being saved by the Stage Hand. Knows who the Director is.(Bodyguard)
- The Investor:In charge of cash, and can use that to bribe the actors' votes. (Vote redirect)
- * The Indy of the Opera:No one knows what his motives are, though he's not very peaceful about them. Must outlive 5 random targets, RID killing 2 of them. Has 2 cycle immunity, appears as being saved by Stage Hand or Jester. RID Kill is unsaveable.
- * Indy targets are: Coordinator, Director, Director's Aid, Prima Donna, The Guy with the Mask
Host's Summary Edit
Game Idea and Expectations Edit
Winning Faction Edit
- Krystal - Prima Donna
- Brainy - Agent
- FT - Saboteur
- Jay - Mask
Day and Night Posts Edit
|Night 1: Falling Chandeliers of Doom! Or not...|
The Prima Donna, her agent, the rogue stage hand, and some guy with a mask and too long of a backstory were finally ready. It was time to put the plan into action. This play would be theirs, or they would die trying!
Cube, meanwhile, was walking around the dressing room, trying to help stop the Prima Donna, when he heard the Soprano warming up. "Figaro!" was all it took to reduce him to bawling all night long. And give him an embarrassing nickname that will stick with him for the rest of his musical career.
The Confused Stagehand was, well, confused. Why were the baddies trying to kill people? Would he be next? Why was Gasolinefightaccident going to the wrong place?! "HEY! That doesn't go over there!" "What? I.. "" Nope!" shouted the confused man and pointed Gas in the "right" direction.
The Baddies, however, were getting bored. Why was there no blood?! There had to be a solution to this! The curtains were rising , AND NO BLOOD?! Unacceptable! The Baddies climbed up to the chandelier just as Hirk began the opening song. They began to saw through the rope. Except, well, it was a thick rope. Indeed, it was so thick that by the time it was finally cut through, the Stagehand had repositioned it to a strategic location that was not directly above Hirk's head. And so it fell without squashing anybody. ... And there was no blood.
|Day 1: Fall of a Mad King|
All the actors suspected the newly-dubbed "Bawling Cube", as he had spent all day crying. As the first act began to come to a close, everyone decided HE was the evil one! It was obvious, he HAD to be behind this plot! But, as everyone came to his door, he suddenly broke straight through it, a psychotic grin plastered on his face. "It's that king guy! EVERYBODY PANIC!!!" And so it was that Cube chased them around stage, whoppering anyone he could catch until the police came and put an end to the reign of The King of Burger.
|Night 2: Twice the death, twice the fun!|
Le Saboteur had finally set up the latest in medieval technology-the dreaded trap door!... Alright, most people knew to avoid it. Except for Hirk, who didn't and had to wait all night for a ladder. Alas, Hirk's bad luck was not over, for suddenly he heard a laugh from above. "AH HA HA HA HA!" shouted The Indy of the Opera as he descended upon his target. "You have acted in this theatre for the LAST TIME, Hirkala! Now you shall know my wrath!" And Hirk disappeared under the Indy's cape, never to be seen again. Meanwhile, the baddies had their eye on Mew tonight, although... There were no other chandeliers. So, instead they shined a spotlight in his eyes. But it didn't do anything, so they put it on dangerously high, and then it incinerated him instantly. "... I guess that was too much."
In sleep he sang to me, In dreams he came, That voice which calls to me, And speaks my name.
Benjer was on stage, rehearsing for the upcoming show; the rest of the cast was backstage, muttering amongst themselves about the recent accidents. Are you sure they're accidents? Maybe someone wants it to fail; rumours ran rampant throughout the dressing rooms, but at the end of the day, Benjer was the most suspected.
He fainted from effort just as he finished the song; a trapdoor opened below his limp body, dumping him unceremoniously below the stage, where the crowd gathered to rifle his body.
The plot was going all wrong; instead of replacing the injured Diva, the Soprano was about to be replaced by her.
Gas, Marth, and Aar were all onstage, finishing up one of the sets and trying to avoid the Prima Donna’s irrational wrath as she sat backstage muttering about how everyone still loved that horrid Soprano more than her.
But the stage was no safer than sitting in the Prima Donna’s dressing room would have been; the Saboteur pulled loose one of the set ropes; the sandbag weight knocked Gas to the ground, while the heavy screen managed to behead Aaryan.
Marth looked around nervously, but couldn’t find the Saboteur anywhere. He ran from the stage, looking for someone to tell; he just barely got the words out before the Guy with the Mask caught up with him, dragging Marth away with him for the rest of the night.
Hachi went white as heard Marth’s news, running up to the catwalk for clues.But the Soprano remained blissfully unaware of the danger, and had returned to the stage to sing. Hachi couldn’t help but listen to her voice, growing so distracted that he missed his step, slipping to get caught in the rigging. His tangled body wouldn’t be found till morning.
Story coming, but Marth is lynched as Indy of the Opera
|Night 4: The Very Final Ending|
IAWY was busy cleaning the isles, making sure the auditorium was clean of any messes. Le Saboteur, however, didn't appreciate him destroying the love message he had painted on the chairs for the Prima Donna, so he moved the upper-section and waited for IAWY to move into just the right spot to drop the lighting rail on him. The Stage Hand was testing out the lights to make sure they worked, though, and turned them all on, to which Le Saboteur begrudgingly left IAWY alone for now, as he could not drop the railing with the lights on, otherwise he'd see it coming.
The Soprano, meanwhile, was practicing her solo in the opening number. FT heard her as he walked by her dressing room, and went inside to listen. Soon enough, he was so caught up in the beauty of her voice that he forgot what he was doing and sat there all night, even after The Soprano had left.
Meanwhile, Confused Hachi, Stagehand Akriti, In A Word Coordinator and Investor Dee mounted the stage, all having received the same summons. The curtain fell, revealing Prima Krystal, Agent Brainy, Fat Saboteur and Jay with the Mask! Realizing it was a trap, the goodies tried to run, but then the railing dropped and crushed all of them. Now, the Prima Donna had control of the Musical!
End of Game Roster Edit
- Krystal - Prima Donna
- Brainy - Agent
- FT - Saboteur
- Jay - Mask
- Hirk - Director - Killed N2 by Indy of the Opera
- Gas/Aki- Stage Hand
- benjer - Soprano - Lynched D2
- Cube - Burger King - Lynched D1
- Aar - Jester - Killed N3 by baddies
- Hachi - Confused SH
- IAWY - Coordinator - Killed N4 by baddies
- Mew - Director's Aid - Killed N2 by baddies
- dee - Investor
- Marth - Indy of the Opera - Lynched D3
|List of actions|