|Mafia All Stars|
|Link||Game thread: Mafia All Stars BTSC threads|
|Size||12 Players (Small)|
|Roster|| 1. Framm (araver)|
|First to Die||Hirkala|
|Last Remaining|| 2. Vineetrika|
Mafia All Stars was a game designed and hosted by maurice based on roles from previous Mafias.
It began on June 6th, 2011 and ended in a Goodie win in D3 (June 13th, 2011).
- OOP – Indy > Baddie > Goodie. Action switch > redirect > trap > block > save > kill > spy > pm > oracle
- Night Kill and RID Kill can not be acted on. Actions fail only if target is saved or trapped. Goodie Kills can be acted on.
- RID Recruit can not be redirected, but can be otherwise stopped
- Kill does not work as a block
- Trap works as a block and save.
- Vote Manips can not be acted on.
- Tie lynch = all in lynch flip a coin for their lives
- Spies, unused saves, Phaze's switch, Picard's message, Merlin's ?, Vote Manips will not be shown in Night or Day Posts. Only all traps, blocks, redirects, kills and needed saves
Zero-ghost-post policy: Ghosts are not allowed to post at all.
Goodies: Goodie All-Stars WinCon - Eliminate the Baddies
- Wooly Mammoth (Ice Age Mafia - Glycereine) - This large creature's vast size and heavy coat make him less vulnerable than other animals and allow him to intervene on their behalf. Can save any animal including himself but cannot save the same target twice unless fewer than 5 animals remain alive.
- Phaze Costume (Halloween Mafia II - GMaster479) - The confused plastic surgeon. The person he votes for can not be lynched that day. If that person has the most votes, their role will be revealed. May not vote for self. Can once per game permanently swap abilities (not faction nor role) of any two players (living or dead) to cause confusion.
- Rex (Dungeons and Dragons - Glycereine) - Subvert: A tricky, skillful scout and spy who wins the battle by stealth rather than brute force. Learns the faction of 1 person per night.
- Hunter (Quantum Leap Mafia - maurice) - Can kill once per night
- Captain Picard (Star Trek II Mafia - araver) - Chooses three persons to contact each night. One of them is randomly selected by host and is pinged (informed he was discovered by Picard). Picard is told the role of the player he has contacted but not the player. He has the opportunity (choice) to send a single message to that role during the next day. Message will be sent to host who will relay it anonymously to that role via PM the day after the contact.
- Sound Card Specialist (Glitch Mafia - GMaster479) - Can deafen (block) one person per night
- Buffy Summers (Angel Mafia II - Hirkala) - Vampire Slayer with mixed emotions about life; Random action each night based on Die Roll: 1: Kill 2: Block 3: Spy 4: Trap 5: None 6: Choice
Baddies: Baddie All-Stars have BTSC and a Night Kill WinCon - Be in the majority
- Jack-in-the-Box (Puppet Mafia - Framm18) - Spy - Can pop up on a puppet when it's least expected and observes his or her action for that night
- The Great Red Dragon (Revelation Mafia - Yuli) - Intimidates the enemies of Satan. Can block one target per night.
- Remake (Movie Mafia - Hirkala) - Takes an action during the night AND a vote during the day and changes them, redirecting them to another.
Indy: Indy All Star WinCon - Kill 2/3 of secret targets or be the last faction standing
- The Janitor (Scrubs Mafia - Clozo) – Irritated of his job and the annoying people he works with, his pranks help him cope and often set others in sticky situations, though he hardly ever gets the intended target. (RID kill guess once a night)
Indy: Indy All Star WinCon - Wins with faction. If not recruited, wins if survives until the end
- Merlin (Amber Mafia - araver) - son of Dara and Corwin, and great-grandson of Benedict. Although he spent his first years in the Courts of Chaos not knowing of Amber and his father, he is truly neutral in the conflict, being ignored or kept in the dark by all sides. Each night he may ask the host one yes/no question. Additionally he has the option to forgo this ability for a secret ability each night.
- Every night, each goodie, one baddie and the indie may forgo their night action to RID recruit Merlin. They will also submit a number from 1-100. If there are multiple correct guesses, the correct guess that was sent with the number closest to my random.org number will win out. Merlin will gain BTSC with only the player that recruited him. Merlin can betray his faction once, that is to say he can be recruited twice per game but only once per faction. Any night, but not twice in a row Merlin can make himself unrecruitable. If the Janitor recruits Merlin and dies, Merlin may choose to RID Kill (assuming he has not betrayed). If Merlin reveals his role, he will be mod-killed and can not win.
|Merlin's Secret Ability|
Each night can choose instead to copy the action of any role that incorrectly RID'ed them the night before. Can not die at night until recruited
- Vineetrika - Sound Card Specialist
- Lionheart - Hunter
- Shadow7 - Rex
- Auramyna - Buffy
- Yuli - Merlin - recruited by Goodies
- DarthMask - Wooly Mammoth
- Glycereine (Segul) - Cap. Picard
- darth nox - Phaze Costume
Day and Night Posts
|Mark Burnett walked into the conference room with a purpose. The producer of such shows as Survivor and The Apprentice, he knew that it had been a while since he had put out a new hit. It was only a matter of time before those shows ran their course and he was going to need a new idea, quickly.
"Gentlemen!" he exclaimed. "We need a new idea and we need it now. Now as before, we don't need to necessarily come up with a fresh idea. We only need to come up with an idea that has not been recycled yet."
"Sir, if I may...", interjected one of his assistants. "I have come across a couple of websites that play an interesting game, one that is fun to participate in but is also captivating to follow."
maurice went on to explain to his boss that he has actually started playing the fun party game, Mafia, as a forum game on two websites. He explained the general gist of the gameplay and how it could make for a hit TV show. Mark Burnett listened and even read a couple of recent games.
"maurice, I would like you to go to your peers and pitch this idea..." Mark Burnett looked up to a fake marquee just above his head and followed the title with his hands as he read it aloud, "Mafia All-Stars! We bring in the best players, you know like those Vote Manipulators and those Goodie Killers from the past and pit them against one another"
"But sir, you see..."
"Make it happen!!" Mark Burnett demanded before maurice could explain that he was asking him to put together characters and not actual players,
maurice gathered GMaster, araver, Framm and Fox together. He made sure Hirkala and Yuli and Slick were around also. In fact he called in every Mafia player he had ever played with for his pitch.
The others had heard rumors of a TV show and were quite excited to hear what maurice had to say. maurice began his pitch and the anticipation in the crowd beame immense. maurice explained that this would indeed be a TV show and then he introduced the stars.
The curtain opened and in walked a tall man, wearing a jumpsuit and carrying a broom.
"What the ... maurice that's the Janitor, from Scrubs, " protested araver. maurice nodded his head.
The curtain opened again. "maurice! That's not even a person. That's a jack-in-the-box," GMaster was exasperated.
"That's not a jack-in-the-box," explained Framm. "That's the jack-in-the-box from Puppet Mafia."
maurice explained the concept of the show. He had managed to find a way to bring to life characters from previous Mafia games played on MafiaManiac and Brainden. They would be the stars of the TV show.
"Wait! Then what is Phaze doing coming out from behind the curtain?" asked Hirkala.
"Hirk, I'm sitting next to you", Phaze explained as he tapped Hirkala on the shoulder.
"Yeah! I recognize that character, too." said Framm. "That's that annoying Phaze costume from Halloween Mafia 2."
"Then maurice, what are we doing here if we won't be on the show," questioned Yuli.
"Well, quite simply I am still relatively new to this game. I want you to help me determine two things." maurice explained. "1) is it kosher to "borrow" characters and roles from previous games. In other words, I respect your ownership of the games you have hosted. Does taking a character or two cross any proprietary lines? 2) I need more character ideas. In fact these three need not necessarily be included. I would like an eclectic assortment. Imagine Pirates and Moogles and Mario and Santa Claus all fighting it out in a single Mafia game. You guys know which roles/characters you enjoyed playing as and against. Throw out some ideas"
The Mafia "experts" met and discussed roles, abilities, mechanics. They looked through old Mafias. At last they were satisfied with what they had come up with.
maurice gathered his fellow Mafiosos together for the big reveal. "Before I announce the roles," announced maurice, "Mr. Burnett has already told me that he is interested in future installments, assuming this is a success!! Now without further adieu..."
|The big night arrived. The cameras began to roll. Mark Burnett sat in the production room and watched, very much please with himself. maurice stood backstage, nails bitten to nubs. The red light clicked on, and Mafia All-Stars was broadcast to a nation...
The twelve characters looked around at each other. They had no clue what they were doing on stage, nor did they know who any other character was.
maurice walked on stage. "Ladies and Gentlemen, these are your Mafia All-Stars!!" he then explained the rules of the game to the audience and to the characters. He explained the Wincons and certain game mechanics. The Baddie All-Stars nodded approvingly, the Goodie All-Stars looked around suspiciously and the Indy All-Stars did their best to blend in with everyone.
The Baddie All-Stars made their way to a corner and schemed. They sent Remake out to find his target. He saw Vine sitting at a table, scribbling some notes and nodding her head. Suddenly a screen came down just to the side of Vine. Vine looked on as Planet of the Apes began to play. She was bewildered as Marky Mark was on screen when Charlton Heston should have been. As she looked on, puzzled, Remake sneaked over and rearranged her notes. By the time the movie ended, Vine was dumbfounded to the point that she just did what her notes said to do.
The Great Red Dragon meanwhile had his own objective. He recognized the figure across the room as his very own creator. He walked over to Yuli. The Great Red Dragon reached out to Yuli. "I want to hug you, to thank you for making me," he explained. "But you made me evil, so I can not!!" He then thumped Yuli across the temple, knocking him out.
Buffy looked around for vampires, or Angel. Something she'd recognize. She saw Shadow scurrying about. "Well Vampires like the dark...it would make sense that Shadow is a Vampire," she thought to herself. Buffy needed no further excuse to trap Shadow for the night.
The Sound Card Specialist took out his earphones and placed them on his head. Once lionheart was within range, The Sound Card Specialist pushed a button and a loud, piercing screech rang through the room. Lionheart clutched his ears and went to the ground. He stayed down for the remainder of the night.
Hirkala was moving around the stage, scheming like Hirkala does. The setting here was not like the setting he was used to. He was going to have to improvise. "The little box in the corner may actually work," he thought. Hirkala made his way to the box and picked it up. As he looked closely at it, the lid popped open and Jack-in-the-Box popped out and handed Hirkala a tiny ball. Jack-in-the-Box popped back into the safety of his box seconds before the bomb he gave Hirkala exploded.
maurice made his way to Mark Brunett. "Well, looks like we have a show", said Mark Brunett, proudly. "Just wait", said maurice. "It gets better."
|Mark Brunett was worried. This was about to get ugly...
maurice walked onto the stage. "So, it appears you've made this easy...at least from the voting standpoint," he announced. "As for the execution, well that might get dicey. But we have a plan." Several stagehands pushed a huge pool onstage, while others pushed forward a ramp. "Now DarthMask this tar pit will just have to do. We can not think of a more practical, and appropriate way of killing a Wooly Mammoth." Additional stagehands led DarthMask to his doom and the tar pit was wheeled offstage.
|The Baddie All-Stars were feeling good about themselves. They were eager to continue with their baddie ways and demonstrate to the TV audience their strength and intellect. The Great Red Dragon looked for someone to torment. He saw KlueMaster working on some new riddles. Riddles made The Great Red Dragon angry. He walked over to KlueMaster and knocked his papers off of the table with great force. The demonstration of his awesome force caused KlueMaster to pass out.
The Sound Card Specialist had a new sound he wanted to try out. It was very close to a British police siren, but only slightly more irritating. He wanted to test its debilitating powers. He spotted RainThinker. The Sound Card Specialist placed his headphones on for safety and pushed the button. RainThinker fell and rolled into a ball immediately.
Auramyna was interested in a hole in the corner of the stage. She tried to take a peek, but it was dark. She was about to bend over to look closer, when she noticed a box near the edge of the hole. She sat on the box and leaned over. "That hole sure is deep", she thought. Just as she took one last scoot to get closer, the lid of the box flew open, pushing her into the seemingly bottomless pit. Jack-in-the-Box hopped away humming "Pop goes the Weasel" to himself.
The Hunter was interested in the hunt. That's what got his juices going. When it was a human, and not an animal, then the adrenaline rush was even greater. So it was to his dismay when he found his target in his current predicament. "Oh well," he said to himself. "A kill is a kill". He lifted his rifle, took aim and pulled the trigger. The bullet pierced through RainThinker's heart with great ease.
|The characters gathered around maurice for the lynch announcement.
"How shall we do this?" one asked. "What devious idea do you have in store today?" maurice rubbed his chin. "How about this? The person who is up for lynch shall be beheaded. Then we stuff his head and hang it from the wall over there?" The characters gasped. "Wait? What? How can that be?" one asked. "Are you saying lionheart is the Hunter? Carp! We screwed up on this one." "Well, not all of you screwed up," replied maurice. "And because of one of your votes lionheart will be spared today."
|maurice was pleased with the actions of the first two cycles. It could only mean great TV. With the numbers dwindling by night 3, it seemed like not much was happening. But their was still enough action to keep maurice pleased.
The Sound Card Specialist was done experimenting. The sound that was used last night would surely work again tonight. KlueMaster turned the corner and saw the grin on The Sound Card Specialist's face. He knew he was a target. He turned to run, but his reaction was too slow. He wound up as others before him, curled into a fetal position on the ground.
Jack-in-the-Box hopped quietly up to his target, who was standing and facing the other way. He saw a sprinkler head hanging from the ceiling. He leaped as high as he could and grabbed the sprinkler head with his mouth. He used the sprinkler head as leverage to swing his box around darth nox, wrapping his springy body around darth nox's neck. Jack-in-the-Box squeezed as hard as he could until darth nox turned blue, and then he squeezed tighter. Darth nox struggled but could not wrestle free.
The Hunter decided he was definitely going to have a conversation with somebody. For the second straight night, his target was essentially gift-wrapped and handed to him. And for the second straight night, it did not prevent him from having some delight in the kill. This time, The Hunter decided to practice his bow and arrow skills. He placed an apple to the side of KlueMaster's head and stepped back 20 feet. He took aim and let the arrow fly. The Hunter gave himself a pat on the back when the arrow pierced KlueMaster's adam's apple.
|The characters gathered around maurice. "What have you in store for our lynch victim today?" they asked their host.
"Nothing too devious," replied maurice. "Here let me see Framm." Someone handed Framm to him. "I simply take this little handle here and break it off. Now there's no way for that little Jack-in-the-Box to ever come out of his box." maurice then tucked the box under his arm. he had some unfinished business with Jack-in-the-Box that he needed to settle from Puppet Mafia. Mark Brunett caught maurice as he was walking off the stage. "That's it!? It's over?" he asked exasperatedly. When maurice confirmed with a nod, Mark Brunett glanced around the room. "You! Glycereine! I understand you are hosting a Mafia next. How would you look to put it on TV?"
End of Game Roster
- Framm (Araver) - Jack in the Box - Lynched D3
- Vineetrika - Sound Card Specialist
- Hirkala - Janitor - killed N1 by Baddies
- Lionheart - Hunter
- Shadow7 - Rex
- Auramyna - Buffy - killed N2 by Baddies
- Yuli - Merlin - recruited by Goodies
- RainThinker - Remake - killed N2 by Hunter
- KlueMaster - The Great Red Dragon - killed N3 by Hunter
- DarthMask - Wooly Mammoth - Lynched D1
- Glycereine (Segul) - Cap. Picard
- darth nox - Phaze Costume - killed N3 by Baddies
|List of actions|