|Link||Game thread: Moogle Mafia BTSC threads|
|Size||15 Players (Medium)|
|Roster|| 1) Hirkala |
|First to Die||Hirkala|
|Last Remaining|| 3) Izzy|
Moogle Mafia was a game designed and hosted by Molly Mae based on a fabricated desert city in the American Southwest. The main story focused on an alien who crash landed in the middle of town and was rescued by Midge while being pursued by the town sheriff.
It began on July 19th, 2010 and ended in a Baddie (Sheriff) win in N6 (August 1st, 2010).
The game revolved around a Non-Playable Character (Moogle) which need food and needed his spaceship fixed. It had a lot of indies that could be recruited along with a secret faction inside the rest of the factions.
- Food: The Moogle loves food. He will only stay with Midge and her team as long as they have food. The Moogle eats one food every night. If they run out of food, the Moogle leaves during the next day. At the end of the day, the Moogle goes to a random person who has food. If he goes to the Sheriff or one of his team, they can kill the Moogle the following night. Food is team collective of all of the members of that team.
- Spaceship: The Moogle's ship was damaged during impact on earth! It's Midge's job to fix it and get the Moogle out. It's the Sheriff's job to destroy it to make sure that it can't leave to get reinforcements. The spaceship's health is at 10/20. If it gets to 20, it's fixed. If it drops to 0, it's destroyed beyond repair.
- A successful RID will recruit an indy. Using RID to find the roles of the opposite team is not allowed.
- Successful recruiting will not be listed in the night post.
- If both factions RID an indy on the same night, that indy may choose who to join unless that indy is incapable of joining that team (in the case of the mechanics).
- If one faction RIDs Beth and the other faction RIDs Peter in the same night, Peter and Beth are not recruited.
- Indies cannot be lynch-killed for the first two days. Further, indy votes for the first two days do not count toward the total vote.
- Tied votes - random party is lynched.
NPC (Non-Playable Character)
- Moogle: Loves adventure almost as much as he loves food. Stays with Midge's team as long as there is food. Leaves earth as soon as the spaceship is fixed (the night must end with spaceship health of 20 or more).
Goodies - Can team kill once a night only if the group is 3 or larger. BTSC with everyone recruited to the team.
WINCON: Eliminate the Sheriff and his team OR fix the spaceship so the Moogle can escape to safety.
- Midge --Town Hippie--Has 2 food. Gets 3 RID guesses to recruit an indy every night. If killed, passes RID ability to another.
- Craig --Midge's Spirit Partner--Has 1 food. Every night, he can list as many names as he wants. At the end of the night, he will be told whether one of them is a mechanic.
Baddies - Can team kill every night except night 1. BTSC with everyone recruited to the team.
WINCON: Eliminate the Moogle.
- Sheriff Barker--Town Sheriff--Has 1 food. Gets 1 RID guess to recruit an indy every night.
- Deputy Walton--Town Deputy Sheriff--Has 1 food. Can spy the role of one person every night.
- Farmer Tom -- Has 2 food. Can create or destroy 1 food per night for himself or another player.
- Mayor Plebst -- Has 1 food. Can change his vote to count as 0, 1, or 2.
- Mark the Marketer--Has 2 food. Can spy the number of food possessed by a person/group.
- Drew the Hobo--Has 0 food. Every night, he may trade 1 food to block 1 target or 3 food to block 2 targets.
- Brian the Mechanic--Has 0 food. Alters the damage of the spaceship by 3 every 2 nights (2 on odd nights and 1 on even nights). Increases damage if he joins the Sheriff. Fixes damage if he joins Midge.
- Pete the Mechanic's Apprentice--Has 0 food. Does menial work for Brian and must join the same team. Can only get recruited after Brian. If on the same team as Brian, they fix or damage the spaceship by 3 every night. Alone, he can alter the spaceship by 1 every night.
- Mabelle the Gossip --Has 1 food. Can determine what players have been recruited every odd night.
- Chris the Mechanic--Has 0 food. Cannot join the same team as Pete or Brian. Alters the spaceship by 2 every night.
- Mary the Teacher --Has 1 food. Adds an extra RID guess per day.
- Peter Smith--Has 1 food. Knows who Beth is and gets recruited with her.
- Beth Smith--Has 1 food. Knows who Peter is and gets recruited with him.
Secret Indy faction. WINCON is secret.
Has 2 members with BTSC. Members can get recruited to both teams and their being recruited cannot be detected by Mabelle.
|Secret Indy faction has BTSC and a secret ability.
Note: Only one WinCon needs to be reached. Because WinCon 1 contains a random element, the host included an alternative WinCon.
Game Idea and Expectations
The early design stages for this game were lost along with MafiaManiac on IPBFree.
- While destroying the spaceship will ensure that the Moogle never leaves, it does not guarantee a baddie victory.
- Indies can use their abilities from N1
- Indies cannot be lynched D1, but can be lynched D2. Further, all votes count every day.
- Outright role revealing kills the Indy
- If Indies are never recruited, but not killed, I wouldn't count it as a loss. I would be hesitant to count it as a win, though. So no. I'll list it as a win for rep, though, if you never get recruited and survive to the end. If you don't get recruited and you die, it won't be listed as a win.
- yuiop - Sheriff Barker
- sparrowhawk - Deputy Walton
- Izzy - Farmer Tom
- onetruth - Beth Smith
Day and Night Posts
|The sun rose on a small desert town seemingly in the middle of nowhere. The buildings of the town were scattered over several miles, hinting that the people of the small town got along just fine, but liked privacy as well. Everything was quiet from one horizon to the other--everything except the market, which was demolished and looked as if something about half the size of the building had crashed into it from above.
The phone in the sheriff’s office had been ringing all morning. The deputy had stopped answering the phone and was currently enjoying his lunch. He was almost done with his ham sandwich when the sheriff, tall and nervous, opened the door and stepped in the room. "Something wrong, Sheriff?" the deputy asked.
The sheriff, downcast, nodded, "I'm afraid ol' Jasper wasn't lying. An alien spacecraft really did crash into the market last night."
The deputy glanced over at the phone, which continued to ring. "Are you sure, sheriff?"
"Sure I'm sure! I saw the darned thing with my own two eyes." Sheriff Barker sat down and sighed. "I wish it weren't true. All we need is little green Martian men runnin' 'round scarin' folk."
"Whaddya reckon we should do, Sheriff?"
The sheriff took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. "We'll have to protect the town and destroy those aliens."
"What if them aliens have phasers, sheriff?"
"We'll see who we can get to help us."
Midge was meditating in her garden while the sun rose. She was deep in her trance, unaware of all thought, until something small poked her side. Waking from her meditative state, she opened her eyes and stopped breathing. In front of her was an animal she had never seen before. It was only a few feet tall with pale skin. Its nose was as red as the ball bobbing above its head. On its back were small, bat-like wings that couldn't possibly support the creature's weight.
"Kupo!" the creature said (because it really sounded like speech).
"Can...can I help you?" Midge asked.
The creature tugged on the sleeve of her shirt and pointed toward the town. "Kupo-po!"
Midge looked where the thing pointed. A ways off, the market seemed to be destroyed. The two town police cruisers were parked on either side of the building. The sheriff stepped out of his cruiser carrying a shotgun. Midge could tell that the deputy had done the same. She looked back down at the creature. "They're hunting you?"
"Kupo," the creature nodded.
Midge stood. "Come on inside. I'll protect you. I bet you're hungry..."
"I think I'm going to need more food. I'll call Craig..."
|The night was cold. Many of the citizens were disturbed by the mysterious alien encounter and stayed indoors.
Farmer Tom wasn't bothered by it, though. He just went on with his normal life, harvesting his crop.
Drew the Town Hobo likewise wasn't bothered by it. He spent the day begging for food and didn't go to sleep empty handed.
The sheriff's deputy strolled the night observing the town and the people's reactions.
Mark the Marketer, having lost his business, also went around trying to regain what he lost from the crash. He saw EDM's happy face and got angry. By the time he was done, all of EDM's food was destroyed.
NOT AN ACTION The mayor, meanwhile, called a town meeting.
When all were in attendance, the mayor addressed them. "People! The town is in a crisis. Will the culprit please step forward?"
While nobody would claim responsibility, many people had a lot to say on the subject. Some would even make accusations...
|The votes were counted and the majority went to EDM.
All eyes were on her as she presented her defence. "I didn't do anything wrong," she pleaded.
"But can you prove it?" they all asked.
"I sure can," she replied, and showed them proof.
With that, they were all satisfied.
|The second night was much busier, with people sneaking around and some up to no good.
Drew the Town Hobo once again sat around begging for food and met with just as much success as the previous night.
A mysterious person followed Hirkala around for half the night, but left after he saw what he wanted. On his way home, he passed the spaceship. "Hmmm..." he said, picking up a rock. Eying the machine, he threw the stone at the cockpit window, shattering it (Spaceship health is 9).
As soon as the mysterious person stopped following Hirkala, Farmer Tom moved in for the kill. Sneaking up behind him, Farmer Tom steadies his pitchfork and stabbed Hirkala in the back. Hirk shuddered and spasmed and fell to the ground, dead.
The Sheriff's Deputy decided to follow Framm until he was satisfied. Deputy Walton left with a smile on his face.
Again the people gathered and again they chose among them who would be next....
|The votes were in and counted. xDily stepped forward and accepted her fate.
"Don't do it," Peter pleaded with the crowd. "She's innocent! She's been with me the whole time."
But nobody heard.
|Tension was high on the third night.
Drew the Hobo saw Izzy walking past and stopped her. "Hey, come have a drink with me," the hobo called.
"I'd really rather not," she pleaded.
"No, it's okay. I don't bite."
Against her better judgment, she joined him for the evening.
Chris the Mechanic grabbed his tools and went to work. He worked for a good long while, pulling things apart. When he was satisfied, he went home. (Spaceship health: 7)
As Slick was walking around, Craig spotted him. I don't like that guy, he thought. Craig sneaked up behind him and hit him on the head with a giant rock. "That should do it," Craig mused.
Deputy Walton stalked the streets again. This time, he had his eyes on Onetruth. After following her for awhile, he noticed Framm walking down an alley. He pulled his revolver and took aim. Framm didn't stand a chance.
A mysterious someone sneaked around again. This time, he was looking for Golfjunkie. He found his house and decided to eat the chicken and dumplings leftover from the previous night.
Chris wasn't the only mechanic out that night, though. Brian happened to be walking past and noticed the recent damage. "I can fix that," he said, whistling as he proceeded to do so. (Spaceship health: 9)
When the night ended, the Moogle looked around for more food. Not finding any, he went in search of some. "Kupo..."
|After such a busy night, the day dragged. Many slept through it, knowing they would be busy the following night. While she was sleeping, though, it was decided that yuiop was the next one to go.
She was so tired from the previous night that didn't even wake up for her execution.
|In a rage, the deputy stormed out of the station. The Sheriff's dead, he thought. He took his anger out on the first person he saw. Unfortunately for EDM, it happened to be her. The deputy crossed the street and walked right up to her. Her initial smile dropped when she saw the anger in his eyes. He was out for blood and he would get it. He raised his pistol over his head and brought it down square on EDM's skull.
It isn't enough, the deputy thought. He walked a few blocks and saw Fox walking. The deputy followed her home and watched her for the rest of the night...
Farmer Tom waited at Glyc's place until he was sure that Glyc was gone. He ran inside and searched the place, but couldn't find what he was looking for.
Two mysterious people stalked the shadows. They split up just in front of the market. The first one went to the spaceship and cut some wires. He pulled as many as he could until he spotted someone coming down the street. After the person passed, the shade slipped back into the night. (Spaceship health: 8)
The other someone watched as Sparrowhawk crossed the road. Knowing SH was out in town, the second shade ran across town to check something.
|The day was up and the votes were in.
Glyc was the one to go, everyone decided. Even though his partners fought to save him, there was no hope for Glycerine this time...
|Beth Smith finally decided to make something of her situation. She walked over to Fox's house and knocked on the door.
"Who is it?" Fox called.
"It's Beth Smith, from down the street. Can I borrow some sugar?"
As Fox came out with a cup of sugar, Beth lunged at her, throwing her to the ground. Fox cried out, but nobody was around to hear...
The deputy spent the night following Golfjunkie. It was an uneventful night, but he found what he wanted to know.
On his way home, he decided to stop by Lionheart's house. He went in and unplugged the icebox, letting any food in there slowly rot.
|"Well, Lionheart, what do you have to say?" Izzy asked.
Lionheart, however, would not respond. All eyes were on him as he was led into a back room.
"It's strange," someone muttered, "That he of all people would remain quiet..."
Meanwhile, the Moogle was out in town again looking for food.
Walking down the street, he smelled corn. Fresh, human corn.
The Moogle went to investigate...
|After hunting food all night, the Moogle finally smelled the source. He opened the door and went inside...
Farmer Izzy was the first to see him, followed shortly by Deputy Sparrowhawk. OT Smith was idling in another room, but came out when she heard the commotion.
The Moogle's fate was sealed...
End of Game Roster
- Hirkala - Mayor Plebst - Killed N2
- Lionheart - Mabelle the Gossip - Lynched D5
- Izzy - Farmer Tom
- Filly - Brian the Mechanic - Killed end of game
- Slick - Chris the Mechanic - Killed N3
- Limey - Pete the Mechanic's Apprentice - Killed end of game
- Framm - Midge - Killed N3
- Fox - Mark the Marketer - Killed N5
- yuiop - Sheriff Barker - Lynched D3
- EDM - Drew the Hobo - Killed N4
- Glycereine - Craig - Lynched D4
- sparrowhawk - Deputy Walton
- xDily - Peter Smith - Lynched D2
- onetruth - Beth Smith
- golfjunkie - Mary the Teacher - Killed end of game
|List of actions|