|Multicultural Murder at Midnight Mafia|
|Link||Game thread: Multicultural Murder at Midnight Mafia BTSC threads|
|Size||13 Players (Small)|
|First to Die||Brandon|
|Last Remaining||Slick, FT, Andy, Mew|
Multicultural Murder at Midnight Mafia was a game designed and hosted by Auramyna based on own design.
It began on December 20, 2012 and ended in a Goodie win in D4 (December 30).
Game Mechanics Edit
Each baddie and goodie will be PMed a Once During The Game action loosely related to their role. There are no secret actions that interfere with the logical process of determining roles.
RID Steal/Kills ARE blocking (except on ODTG actions), kills are NOT blocking. ODTG actions can not be acted upon. (Even being RID Steal/Killed will not block the action.)
Tie lynch rules:
- On Day # n, tie lynch = 100 + 20(n)% chance of death.
- E.g - D1, 1 person dies, then 20% chance for 2nd person to die.
- Then D2, 1 person dies, then 40% chance for 2nd person to die etc.
- Redirect fails on day actions, ODTG actions, ask yes/no, RID actions. Fail results are returned.
- Redirected spies receive a clear result on the new target (B is [B's role]) if redirected by same faction or screwy results (A is [B's role]) if redirected by an opposite faction
- If Virginizer is redirected, it changes the target X
- A redirected redirect succeeds.
- (If I want to redirect Immanuel to (player X), and someone else redirects me to Lucy-Lou. I redirect Lucy-Lou to (player X) instead of redirecting Immanuel.)
Appears in NP:
- Successful redirects - role acting, not targets.
- Successful RID Actions
- Needed protects
- Role steal - Dice roller appears as doing the action on his chosen target. Person stolen from is advised they were stolen from.
- Result of group save
- Cessation of group save
- ODTGs appear if it's the type of action that would usually appear. Such actions will be made clear as ODTGs cannot be blocked/trapped/stolen/protected from.
- ODTG action>RID Kill>Steal>Redirect>Trap>Block
Baddies - NK and BTSC - Gain an unsurpassable majority. NK does not require a carrier as it cannot be blocked/redirected.
- Danusia - Role Spy
- Anstonio - Block
- Luigi - Redirect or Vote Redirect a non-baddie
Goodies - Two random goodies have BTSC. Eliminate all other factions.
- Mischa - Kill or Follow spy (choice each night)
- Alejandro - Redirect
- Chintamani - Shield - Protect a player from all actions (spy, goodie/baddie kill, block, trap, redirect, steal) except Virginizer, ODTGs and RID actions.
- Maximillian - Role Spy
- Trinh - Vote Manip (x0 - x2)
- Kaori - Virginizer (Each night chooses X and Y. If X dies, Y's faction is revealed in the Night Post.)
- Milo - Block
- Zebediah - Ask host a yes/no question
- Jamila - Die roll
- Role Spy
- Role Steal (name player)
Save is an anonymous group vote at night. All vote except baddies (may not vote for self on N1). Tie means no save. Save ceases when 2-4 non baddies are left alive.
Indy - WINCON: Has 4 targets and must RID steal from at least 2 of them, outliving the remainder, then leaves the game. Alt wincon - last standing.
- Appolonio - Each night chooses 2 actions of: Redirect, RID Steal, RID Recruit, use copied action. Has secret passive ability and ODTG role spy. RID steals have a 25% chance to kill their target.
- May only successfully recruit once. A recruit brings their action with them, loses any old BTSC and their name turns green in the post/on role spy.
- Either Indy can carry any of the actions. If original Indy dies, the BTSC retains all actions. If recruitee dies, action dies with him.
Baddies - NK and BTSC. Gain an unsurpassable majority.
1. Danusia - Role Spy - golfjunkie
2. Anstonio – Block - Vommack
3. Luigi - Redirect or Vote Redirect a non-baddie - GM
Goodies - Eliminate all other factions. Alejandro (Brainy) and Kaori (FT) have BTSC.
1. Mischa - Kill or Follow spy - Slick
2. Alejandro – Redirect - Brainy
3. Chintamani - Shield - Framm
4. Maximillian - Role Spy - mew
5. Trinh - Vote Manip (x0 – x2) - Andrew
6. Kaori - Virginizer - FT
7. Milo – Block - mboon
8. Zebediah - Ask host a yes/no question - Bb
9. Jamila - Die roll - Nana
1. Indy - WINCON: Must RID steal from at least 2 of 4 targets, outliving the remainder, then leaves the game. Alt wincon - last standing.
Targets: Anstonio, Jamila, Mischa, Alejandro
Appolonio - Each night chooses 2 actions of: Redirect, RID Steal, RID Recruit, use copied action. RID steals have a 25% chance to kill their target. - curr3nt
Host's Summary Edit
Game Idea and Expectations Edit
Winning Faction Edit
- Framm - Chintamani
- Bb - Zebediah
- Slick - Mischa
- mew - Maximillian
- Andrew - Trinh
- Brainy - Alejandro
- Nana - Jamila
- FT - Kaori
Day and Night Posts Edit
"Oh hell, I'm sorry. What should we do now?" Luigi replied.
Danusia thought carefully. "There's only one thing for it. You'll have to kill Framm."
"Huh- Wha- Whaaaaat?!" Luigi started. Noticing Danusia's tense expression, he turned on his heels and disappeared. In the morning, guests would discover Framm dead in bed.
Chintamani was feeling very spiritual. Approaching Nana, she invited her to participate in her healing ceremony. As Nana took a seat in fromt of Chintamani, she waved incense around Nana's head and scattered flower petals and rice around her feet, chanting incantations.
Alejandro was still kind of confused about his action but didn't want to ruin the game for others. He scribbled down two more names and pushed the note under the hostesses door.
Milo wanted to be the one to solve this mystery. He needed the money to pay for detective school. Approaching GM, he questioned him, using textbook strategies as per Milo's recent reading of his father's 1966 Detectives Guide to Interrogation Textbook. GM was held up all night, and didn't get to bed until half past five that morning.
As the hostess counted up the votes, she deemed Fat Tony would be saved that night.
Spoiler for Night Actions
The coconut sounding hooves of the horses trampled him until all that was left on the ground was:
Spoiler for You didn't want to listen to him!
The next day conversations were buzzing about curr3nt's tap routine the previous night. "I've gotta admit that was pretty good dancing even though he was the "murderer in the dark"" said Andrew.
FT and mboon nodded in agreement.
Nana replied: "I don't disagree. But he never really murdered anyone, did he? He was the one who ended up dead in the end."
Up walked Slick "Good riddance to bad rubbish. No one steals my stuff and then teases me with it like that. It's just a horrendous case of antidisestablishmentarianism if you ask me."
Mew looked at Slick curiously. "I never know what is going to come out of your mouth."
Aura interrupted. "Guys, can I have your attention for a second? As you all know, curr3nt had the role of Appolonio and unfortunately he died of a heart attack last night. But here is the catch. He recruited an accomplice before he left. The prize money will go to whoever exposes the accomplice. Or you could just play nice."
Mischa was pretty sure he knew who this "accomplice" was. Something not many people knew about Mischa was he was an Olympic Gold medalist in gymnastics from way back. Sneaking up on Nana7, he did a forward double handspring triple twisty flip, aiming for Nana's head. As he ran up he prayed to God: "Please, if Nana is the Indy, let me land square on her head and squash her to the ground with massive head injuries. Blessed be your name, Amen." As Mischa ran up, he slipped on a banana peel and went for a ride. As Nana turned the corner, she felt a rush of air past her. Turning, she saw nothing and walked on, unaffected.
Up ahead, in the garden, someone was waiting for Nana to pass by. As Nana passed down the hallway and into the courtyard, she whistled a happy tune. Nana had thought long and hard about her strategy to catch the accomplice. Confident in her skills of Role Identification, she knew she'd figured out a foolproof plan to expose the Indy. She didn't know who it was yet, but she would almost certainly know by the morning. Her plan guaranteed that.
Sitting on a park bench, she decided to close her eyes for a moment. Putting a scarf over her eyes to block the light, she reclined back. Up above her in the trees was the Indy Accomplice, watching carefully. The Indy Accomplice liked that scarf.... very much. They tied a rope to a solid branch and slowly edged down the rope towards Nana. Reaching down to pluck the scarf from Nana's face, Milo slipped. As he struggled to right himself, Nana started struggling too.
"Stop, stop!" said Milo. "let me untangle you!"
Now entangled in the scarf and the rope, Nana was blinded and continued to wave her arms around wildly. Milo finally pulled the scarf from Nana's eyes but it was too late. The rope had strangled her, and there she hung from the trees, eyes bulging out and lifeless.
Distraught, Milo ran away, taking Nana's scarf with him.
Elsewhere, Slick was group saved that night.
Spoiler for Night Actions
The following day, all murder weekend participants were interviewed by the police in an effort to work out where everything had gone wrong. While this was happening, police sniffer dogs checked each guest's room. As the police took statements, one short, sharp, decisive WOOF! was heard coming from upstairs.
"Bob, we've got a winner!" the dog handler called.
The Senior detective excused himself and made a bee-line up the stair case, with Aura and the players following closely behind. Finding themselves outside Milo-boon's room, they saw the K-9 was sitting quietly next to his handler, as his handler placed Nana's scarf in an evidence bag and handed it to Detective Bob.
As two officers stepped up to take Milo-go-boom-boom back to the station, Aura herded the players into another room.
"First of all, allow me to apologise for the way things turned out. Whether by clumsiness or by sabotage, several people died or were seriously injured this weekend; something I have never seen in all my time as a hostess.
I guess you are all wondering about the prize money. Due to the events, the only fair thing is to split the money amongst you all. Of course, you are all welcome to come back for a complimentary murder weekend at a later date, all expenses included."
The guests looked at one another aghast. Taking their cheques, they quickly made their excuses, throwing their complimentary vouchers in the trash on the way out the door.
Host comments, rep points and MVP will be announced tomorrow.
End of Game Roster Edit
- Framm - Chintamani - Killed N2 by Luigi
- Vommack - Anstonio - Lynched D1
- Bb - Zebediah - Killed N1 by Luigi
- Slick - Mischa
- mboon - Milo - Lynched D4
- mew - Maximillian
- Andrew - Trinh
- Brainy - Alejandro - Killed N3 by Luigi
- Nana - Jamila - Killed N4 by Milo
- FT - Kaori
- GM - Luigi - Killed N3 by Mischa
- GolfJunkie - Danusia - Lynched D2
- Curr3nt - Appolonio - Lynched D3
|List of actions|
1. Indy - C3 - RID Recruit Nana7 as Danusia, RID Steal Framm as Jamila, Role spy Vommack Group save Framm
Need mboon's block and save, Bb's question and save.
Saves: slick, nana, bb, nana, bb, nana, mew, nana, framm : Nana wins the save!
Appears in NP
Luigi kills Bb Anstonio blocked curr3nt Alejandro acted Milo blocks FT Nana was chosen by the group save
Luigi NKs Framm FT is group saved Alejandro acted - redirect succeeded Milo blocks GM (NK and vote redirect can't be blocked) Chintamani protects Nana
Night 3 actions
I thought it was a bit mean to out the recruit the same night they were recruited, so mboon will turn green from now onwards. At least then they have the choice to hold her block back to create reasonable doubt.
Night 4 actions