|Link||Psychic Mafia BTSC threads|
|Size||8 Players (Small)|
|Start Date||July 5th, 2017|
|First to Die||Nana7|
Psychic Mafia was a game designed and hosted by Plasmid based on an original design
It began on July 5th, 2017 and ended in a Baddie win in D3 (July 11th).
List of items to do for each game:Edit
- wiki volunteer: Hirkala
- 28 Get dee to review page to be sure everything is done.
- 29. Remove helpneeded category from game page.
- 30. Delete this list from this game page. All done!
Game Mechanics Edit
- OOP: Blocks>Baddie Actions, Kills are not blocking
- NP shows Kills and successful Saves
- Lynch shows Faction only
- Tie: No one dies
Goodies: Wincon: Eliminate baddies.
- Empath: Follow spy. Sees baddies acting on their targets even if their prediction is
incorrect. Gets screwy results if redirected by the Telekinetic.
- Faith healer: Save, may act on self.
- Hypnotist: Block. Neither the hypnotist nor the target are informed if the block is
- Exorcist: Kill and role spy, both on the same target. Spy only works if target is killed.
- Shrink: Vote multiplier x0. Can be stopped by a block or baddie mind control on the
- Medium: Is assigned the role of one of the other five goodies so two of that role are
in play, and is not told they are the Medium.
Baddies: BTSC and group NK. Wincon: Majority.
- Telekinetic: Says “Player A will try to act on player B. If so, redirect them to player C.”
- Brainwasher: Says “Player D will try to use ability E. If so, make them use ability F.”
Must be an ability in this game design. Cannot act on a baddie.
Baddies are told if they successfully alter their target's action, and are informed at the end of the day phase. Baddie actions fail if their target does not attempt to act that night or the following day. If the Brainwasher targets the Shrink and the Shrink acts during the day, the day's vote manip will fail and the Shrink will use the assigned action on his vote manip target on the following night.
Host's Summary Edit
This was originally designed as a turbo, and turbos tend to be intense with this being no exception. With the focus pretty much away from Boq and Phaze, and drawn up by aura/mo, Marq, and the unfortunately inactive Hirk/dee slot up to the end of D2 it looked like the baddies were going to get a well-deserved win. But the conversion of Marq's save to a kill that took out Phaze changed that in a hurry. Ultimately at lylo it looked (at least from ghosties) like brains were getting fried in a way that seems to happen a lot when I run games and Boq ended up pulling off the win in a good ol' 2 vs 1 lynch scenario.
Regarding the design, while I was hosting I was thinking that the baddies' ability to convert an action into a kill might have been too overpowered, but after Phaze got wasted I guess I have to admit that it's a double-edged sword and might as well stay in the game. The anti-claiming mechanics seem about right -- goodies can (and probably should) claim at lylo but there's still wiggle room for the baddies. The action manipulations added a nice amount of wifom, and the Medium or a similar role would probably be good to include in future games as an alternative to, or maybe even along with, the double-RID.
MVP I think has to go to Boq. He and Phaze both played solid baddie games but Boq was particularly good at blending and staying under the radar. He did end up getting Phaze killed by brainwashing Marq, but I tend to admire going ahead and taking risky moves from time to time.
Winning Faction Edit
- Phaze - Telekinetic
- Boquise - Brainwasher
Day and Night Posts Edit
The famous twin psychics whose names I forgot killed Nana.
What? Was there supposed to be a lynch today?
This time the baddie twins killed aura.
(Plasmid merely posted the lynch with no description)
(Again, plasmid posted the roster with the kills and no description)
|With that, it's a baddie win. And all I can say is...|
End of Game Roster Edit
- Auramyna - Hypnotist - killed by Baddies N2
- Nana7 - Empath - killed by Baddies N1
- Marquessa - Faith Healer - killed by Baddies in the endgame
- Phaze - Telekinetic - killed by Faith Healer N3
- Insaner - Empath - lynched as a Goodie D3
- Hirkala - Exorcist - lynched as a Goodie D2
- Boquise - Brainwasher
- Maurice - Shrink - killed by Baddies N3
|List of actions|
aura acting on mo gets redirected to Insaner -> fails, baddies get told at end of D1
Dee save becomes kill -> fails, baddies get told at end of D1 NK Nana
Follow Insaner -> Nana dies
Save Nana -> Gets blocked so no save; per OP does not get informed
Block Marq -> succeeds, but per OP does not get informed
Spy Phaze - > sees his target acting on aura
The baddies are NKing Nana and Marq is saving Nana but getting blocked by Aura.
Redirect Insaner acting on Boq to mo -> fails
Change Insaner follow spy to kill+spy -> fails 'cause gets blocked NK aura
Block Boq -> block happens and then aura dies
Follow Marq -> sees target not doing anything
Redirect Marq acting on mo to insaner -> fails. Also Phaze dies from Marq.
Convert Marq using save to spy+kill -> success (... sort of) NK mo
Save Phaze -> converted to kill+spy Phaze. Phaze dies (killed by Faith Healer in NP) and Marq learns he was the Telekinetic.