|Rat Hunt Mafia|
|Link||Rat Hunt Mafia|
|Size||8 Players (Tiny)|
|Start Date||September 22, 2011|
|Winning Faction||Goodies (gangsters)|
|First to Die||Maurice|
|Last Remaining||plasmid, Flamebirde|
It began on September 22nd, 2011 and ended in a Goodie win in D3 (September 30th, 2011).
- 2 vs 6 mini-mafia in the partial style of Reservoir Dogs. Note: This is NOT a Reservoir Dogs mafia. Heh.
- Every player is assigned a name that they know each other by (in this case, though, your real name is the colour and your assigned name is your board name--e.g., maurice).
- You have completed a job that went south quickly. You now suspect that there are police among you. Someone set you up and you're out for blood. Two roles will randomly be assigned as undercover cops. They may be any two roles excluding Mr White.
- Baddies get BTSC + NK (unstoppable, save by save).
- When a player is lynched, their faction is revealed, but not their role.
- OOA: Block > Kill > Redirect
- The Boss -- Organises jobs and knows all RID combinations, but does not know factions. Has self vote manip of x1 or x2.
- The Boss' Son -- In charge of the job and can redirect any player.
- Mr White -- An old man, formerly a doctor of medicine. Cannot be bad. May save one target from the NK per night. If he successfully saves a baddie, he becomes bad.
- Mr Black -- The quiet, observant type. May Role Spy any player. Does not learn faction.
- Mr Gray -- A loudmouth who likes to tell stories. He can keep a player occupied for the night, stopping their action. (Block)
- Mr Green -- A ruthless killer chosen by The Boss to keep things orderly. Has a kill every night.
- Mr Brown -- A man with connections. If he is ever targeted by a member of the opposite faction, he is told which role targeted him.
- Mr Tech -- A tech whiz who can tap communications. He chooses a player or role and receives a random five word string from the last pm sent that night by them to the host.
Note, faction is independant of role, so any role can start out as undercover baddie except Mr. White.
Game Idea and Expectations
- The Boss -- Maurice
- Mr White -- Plasmid
- Mr Black -- KlueMaster
- Mr Green -- 'cat'astrophe
- Mr Brown -- Auramyna
- Mr Tech -- Flamebirde
Day and Night Posts
|"Where's our driver!?" one of them yelled. "What the h*** is going on?"
"I think," said another, "that we have been set up."
"Set up?" the first asked
"Yeah. You were there. You didn't come to that conclusion?"
"So what do we do?"
"We wait for the Boss. And I'm sure he's gonna be pissed."
Over the next hour, several people showed up. Everyone seemed to be in good health--everyone except for maurice, who was covered in blood. He hobbled in and passed out on the ground.
"Someone get a doctor!" one of the men yelled.
But Mr White hadn't made it back from the job yet...
The group gathered for a discussion to figure out what was going on. Mr Gray stopped Kluemaster, and asked him a question. What began as a simple inquiry turned into an hour long chat and Kluemaster missed the convention.
"You there!" one of the men said to Auramyna. "Why didn't you come back straight away?"
"Oi," said she," I got new orders from the Boss' Son.
"Or maybe you were out informing the cops!"
"Now listen here, you--"
"Silence!" one of them yelled. "Let's take a vote..."
|Day 1: No Mercy|
|They all agreed that there was a rat and that they would find it.
"Cat is the rat!" one yelled.
"Yeah, he's gotta be!" another agreed. "But Aura...!"
"Everyone calm down," yet another said. "Here's a note from maurice*"
The note reads: "Stealth is a weapon of the cops and you can't beat stealth by shooting wrecklessly. Take aim."
"Such wise words."
"But maurice is dead!" they protested.
|Night 2:Dark Night|
|When the silence fell, it was heard all around. Everyone stopped arguing for a second and looked around.
The Boss' Son looked at Plasmid. "We need a plan," he said. "This is what you're gonna do..."
"Where's Kluemaster?" someone asked.
"He went out to the car to get the loot. We'll divide it here and everyone's gonna go their merry little way. No more of this little game."
"What if he's one of the cops?" Another asked. "He'd just take the--"
Gunfire outside quickly ended the conversation. The door swung open and Kluemaster fell inside, sliding the bag of loot toward the group. Covered in blood and full of holes, KM died before he hit the floor.
"THIS IS THE METRO CITY POLICE. WE HAVE THE BUILDING SUROUNDED. YOU HAVE VERY LITTLE TIME BEFORE WE TAKE THE BUILDING BY FORCE."
"We need a hostage," someone said.
|Day 2: Hostage Crisis|
"Well we need to choose quickly," someone said.
"Lets bind Araver and use him to escape," plasmid suggested.
Everyone nodded and turned to Araver, who glared at Plasmid. "Who are you to determine my fate?"
They all turned to Plasmid, expecting an answer. His face was a mask of seriousness. "I'm the doctor."
Bound and gagged, they took Araver outside and confronted the police force.
And the police didn't open fire...
"We're making our escape now," one of them said. "Here are our demands..."
|Night 3: Egress|
The police didn't fire. Nobody fired. The gangsters walked slowly to the car and climbed inside. They left Araver right outside and Aura pulled the trigger. As soon as Araver fell to the ground, the police opened fire. The car took off and rounded a corner, but Aura had been fatally shot. She died before the escape.
Mr Tech set to work scanning the car and was a bit surprised by what he found.
|Day 3: The Oath|
Plasmid parked the car and stepped out.
"Where are we?" MiKi asked.
"An abandoned warehouse outside of town. It's a good place to go our separate ways," Plasmid said, producing a gun. He pointed it directly at MiKi.
"What is this, I don't even--"
"I know you're a cop," Plasmid said. "But once, many years ago, I took an oath--'there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug'."
"So...you're letting me go?"
"Put your gun on the ground and go," Plasmid said.
She unholstered her pistol, placed it on the ground, turned around, and walked toward the door.
"You're forgetting someting," Flamebirde said.
MiKi turned around to see him pointing a gun at her.
"I didn't take any sort of oath..."
He pulled the trigger.
Game over. The gangsters win.
End of Game Roster
- plasmid - Mr White
- Flamebirde - Mr Tech
- MiKi - Mr Gray - Lynched D3 and found to be an undercover cop
- Cat'astrophe - Mr Green - Lynched D1 and found to be a legitimate gangster
- KlueMaster - Mr Black - Killed N2 by Undercover cops
- maurice - The Boss - Killed N1 by Undercover cops
- Auramyna - Mr Brown - Killed N3 by Undercover cops
- Araver - The Boss' Son - Lynched D2 and found to be an undercover cop
|List of actions|