|Sherlock Holmes Mafia|
|Host||MissKitten & NickFleming|
|Link||Sherlock Holmes Mafia|
|Size||12 Players (Small)|
|Roster|| 1. Glycereine|
|First to Die||maurice|
|Last Remaining|| 1. Glycereine|
Sherlock Holmes Mafia was a game designed and hosted by MissKitten based on Sherlock Holmes' fictional universe created by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. PrinceMarth85 was supposed to be a co-host but he was inactive and replaced with NickFleming. In the end, the primary host MissKitten became inactive so NickFleming finished hosting the game.
It began on November 29th, 2010 and ended in a Baddie win in D2 (December 3rd, 2010).
- Tie Lynch: Random player in the tie is lynched
Goodies: WINCON: capture or kill Professor Moriarty, and be the majority.
- Sherlock Holmes-famous detective. Can spy 1 role from a player on odd nights. Can arrest a suspected criminal on odd nights instead of spying, but has 50% chance of failing. Can ask arrested person yes or no questions. When arrested, that person cannot perform an action the next night, but can still vote for a lynch. Whatever action they were doing on the night they are arrested will still be done. Has BTSC with Dr. Watson
- Dr. Watson-Sherlock Holmes's friend/roommate; is a doctor. Can save/heal 1 person per night. Has BTSC with Sherlock Holmes
- Stanley Hopkins-a detective for whose career Sherlock Holmes has hope. Can make a lynch vote count for 0x, 1x, or 2x
- Mycroft-Sherlock Holmes's brother. Can RID kill at night, but not two nights in a row
- Wiggins-head of Baker Street Irregulars. Can spy and/or redirect an action every night. Redirection is Wiggins's choice
- Inspector Alec MacDonald-Scotland Yard detective. Can spy 1 role from a player each night
- Inspector Athelney Jones-Scotland Yard detective. Has a night kill
Baddies: BTSC and nightkill. WINCON: outlive Sherlock Holmes, Dr. Watson, and Inspector MacDonald.
- Professor Moriarty-leader of all London gangs. Can spy 1 action per night-takes two hits to kill at night, can still be lynched. i.e. if targeted for a kill N1, will not be killed. But if targeted again for kill N4, will be killed.
- Irene Adler-criminal under Moriarty. Can help Moriarty escape if targeted for arrest. She can do this twice, but she doesn't know if its worth it or not. i.e. if she uses her ability on a day she thinks Holmes will arrest Moriarty, but he doesn't, she will have wasted a chance and cannot get it back.
- Lord Blackwood-criminal. Can redirect a lynch vote
Indies: WINCON: outlive Shelock Holmes and be the last group standing.
- Inspector Lestrade-Scotland Yard detective. Can redirect target at night
- Inspector Gregson-Scotland Yard detective. Can block 1 person's action on even nights. Has a kill on odd nights
- Night 1 - Baddies got a lucky kill by hitting one of their three targets (which they were not aware of) and followed Slick and found out that he had spied someone. This, coupled with Holmes action spying Glycereine in the night-post gave them their second target - Sherlock Holmes.
- Day 1 - Baddies tried to get the BTSC teammate of Holmes out in the open by attacking Glycereine. As Framm defended Glycereine, he was chosen as the most probable Watson. With one baddie and two goodies not voting, the goodie kill role was lynched
- Night 2 - Baddies spy-killed Framm to confirm he was Watson, leaving Slick without the defense of his BTSC teammate.
- Day 2 - Glycereine started the vote on Slick, while the only voting Baddie chose to vote for LJayden. Incomplete defense from Slick led to him being lynched (amplified by behind the scenes vote manipulation from both goodies and baddies).
As the backup host closed day 2, the game was declared over, as the baddies had gotten all their 3 targets and lost none of their own, leading to a fast flawless victory in D2.
- Araver - for powerplaying all the baddie actions that led to the victory (acknowledged by teammates in the game thread).
- There was a lot of inactivity in all factions:
- During the night, the baddies had an active player that could power-play all actions, but the goodies were heavily disadvantaged by inactives.
- During the day, goodies were slightly advantaged. E.g. in Day 2, two of the baddies and one indy did not vote, while all surviving goodies voted and day 2 resulted in lynching one of their own.
- In D2, if Slick (Sherlock Holmes) would have hinted to Glyc that he had spied him N1, Glycereine (the goodie vote manipulator) would have switched to LJayden his x2 vote. Coupled with the baddie vote redirect behind the scenes, this would have led to LJayden (an Indy) being lynched.
- However, no alternate ending was possible since baddies had a save against Sherlock Holmes' arrest in N3 and the goodie save was dead, so Slick would have been killed N3, ending the game.
- araver - Professor Moriarty
- Limey / Vineetrika - Irene Adler
- woon - Lord Blackwood
MVP: Not chosen.
Day and Night Posts
|“I think Moriarty is acting up again, Watson.”
“Yes, Holmes, shall I get my gun?”
Stanley Hopkins was hoping to catch Holmes before he set out to stop Moriarty, but no such luck. He would have to wait to ask his questions.
Mycroft was observing London. Suddenly he saw Holmes and Watson drive by in a cab. He must have realized that Moriarty was behind all the crimes, though Mycroft had known for a while.
Wiggins and his gang had spread out over London to see if they could hear anything Mr. Holmes might find useful. The job didn’t pay well, but they all needed any money they could get.
“Irene, I see Holmes is trying to solve this case. Go see he fails in his attempts, will you?” “Of course, at once.”
Blackwood was using his magic tricks to beguile his audience. How gullible they were!
Lestrade knew that Gregson was trying to solve the case before Holmes, and Gregson knew Lestrade was doing the same thing. However, they were also competing with each other, never thinking that together they would accomplish much more.
|Night 1: A Typical Night in London|
|Holmes watched Glycereine through his window, and learned from his amazing powers of deduction who he was. He was unaware that he was being watched by Moriarty all the time.
As Maurice was walking down the road, he saw a beautiful lady standing in the street. “Would you like to come in?” asked Irene Adler. Maurice nodded, but as soon as he crossed the threshold of her house, he felt a needle being plunged into his back. He felt woozy, and he heard Adler say, as if in a dream, "Goodbye."
|As the day came to an end, one question was on everyone's mind: Who could be trusted? Everybody was gathering in Scotland Yard, peppering the Inspectors with questions. Suddenly a voice cried out, "it's vipe!"
"Well, Watson, finish him off," said Holmes. Saying, "Don't worry, I'm a doctor, this won't hurt a bit," Watson put an arm around vipe's neck and squeezed hard, watching as Athelney Jones fell to the ground, dead.
|Night 2: Of Stalkers and Murderers|
|Wiggins was following glyc, careful to stay in the shadows, and always a block or so behind him. He soon learned who glyc was.
"I hope Mister Holmes likes this information," he thought, then slipped into the crowd.
Framm was taking a stroll down Baker Street. Suddenly, Blackwood appeared beside him. "Hello, framm." "Hello, Blackwood. May I ask what you're doing in this part of town?" "Nothing much, just some professional business to take care of." And saying this, he slid a knife across framm's jugular vein, instantly killing him. Blackwood kicked him into a doorway, then disappeared behind a building.
Moriarty was at Baker Street. He had peeked through Framm's window, and learned what he wanted to know.
|"You are confident of this?" said Slick to his companion.
"Yes." "Then it is worse than I had assumed." Slick walked to his apartment window and looked down on to Baker's Street. He caught sight of several figures, walking down the street, towards his apartment. When they ducked into his building, he knew for sure. "Hide, quickly! They have come for me, and do not know of your being here." BANG BANG CRASH Slick's door caved in, and the figures could be seen in the corridor. One, in a cloak, walked slowly, methodically in, much as a hungry cat who has caught site of a mouse, and stalks slowly through the grass towards it. "You... it was you!" The cat pounced upon the mouse, helpless. A glint of steel, a burst of blood. Sherlock Holmes was dead.
|Conclusion: Taken by Storm|
|Moriarty had thought it out so well, had put his plan into action so fast, that not even the Great Sherlock Holmes could defeat him. With their three main adversaries, Sherlock Holmes, Framm Watson, M.D. and Alec Maurice MacDonald dead, they took the city by storm. Moriarty's crime syndicate dominated the city, Lord Blackwood was elected to an important position in Parliament, and Irene Adler lived in great luxury for the help she had given.|
End of Game Roster
- Glycereine - Stanley Hopkins - Survived - LOST
- EDM - Wiggins - Survived - LOST
- maurice - Inspector Alec Mac Donald - killed in N1 by Baddies
- Framm18 - Dr. Watson - killed in N2 by Baddies
- woon-Lord Blackwood- Survived - WON
- Vipe195 - Athelney Jones - lynched D1
- araver - Professor Moriarty- Survived - WON
- Little Miss Sunshine - Gregson- Survived - LOST
- LJayden - Lestrade- Survived - LOST
- Limey / Vineetrika - Irene Adler- Survived - WON
- slick - Sherlock Holmes - Lynched D2
- Harvey45 - Mycroft- Survived - LOST
|List of actions|