|Link||Game thread: Sin City BTSC threads|
|Size||11 Players (Small)|
|Winning Faction||Power Brokers|
|First to Die||Nana|
|Last Remaining||Aaryan, EDM, Slick, Marq, Plasmid, Thalia|
|MVP||Thalia & Marq|
It began on December 1st, 2011 and ended in a Power Broker win in D4 (December 12th, 2011).
Game Mechanics Edit
This is a 2 5vs5 equal-Faction Hybrid Mafia game with 1 Indy.
- No powerplay.
- No default BTSC.
- During the course of the game, any night a player can request to host for BTSC with any other player (1 player per night). If two players request BTSC with each other during the same night then Host will initiate a BTSC by revealing their roles to each other before the next night. Once a successful BTSC has been established, the participants cannot request for any other BTSC.
- Tie Lynch -> Coin Toss (Head = all die, Tail = no lynch)
- Marv >> Ava > PowerBrokers > TownFolks
- Save > RID Kill > Block > Redirect > Kill > Spy [all happening at the same time - Kills are blocking]
Few questions I picked up from Games Ready thread:
- If on night N Marv blocks someone on N+1, and Marv gets killed on night N or day N, does his target still get blocked the following night/day?
- Does Ava only have to RID the living members of the factions, or all members living and dead? Can she spy dead players?
- All members, and she can't spy dead players though can spy players being killed
- Any mention in the NP if players get BTSC?
- Can you get a new BTSC buddy if yours dies?
TOWN FOLKS (Wincon: eliminate POWER BROKERS)
- Marv: a tough, violent, big bruiser of a man, who has an uncanny athleticism along with a lot of power. He suffers from an unknown mental condition that causes him to, as Marv describes, "get confused." Ability: Each night can block a person for the next night (N+1). The person he blocks can not be killed that night (N), nor can be lynched on following day (D).
- Dwight McCarthy: a private eye who is highly intelligent, as well as a skilled marksman. Ability: Can spy one person on odd nights, RID kill one person even nights.
- Jon Hartigan: a good-hearted 60-year-old ex-con/ex-cop who has a rather severe heart condition. Ability: Can save one person each night.
- Nancy Callahan: an angelic stripper and erotic dancer. A good friend to Marv, who often doubles as her protector. Ability: Would know Marv's identity from the beginning. Can spy one person on even nights.
- Miho: a highly skilled, rollerskate-savvy assassin who serves as an enforcer and defender of Old Town. She owes a debt of honor to Dwight for saving her life, and he is the only male she interacts with on a friendly basis. Ability: Would know Dwight's identity from the beginning. Can kill one person on odd nights.
POWER BROKERS (Wincon: eliminate TOWN FOLKS)
- Kevin: a mute serial killer. Kevin is preternaturally quick and silent, and ferociously skilled at martial arts. Ability: Can kill one person each night.
- Wallenquist: the mysterious and powerful leader of the Sin City mob. He is somewhat an honorable person. Ability: Each day can make his or any other named person's vote count (x0, x1, or x2).
- Senator Roark: a corrupt politician with huge political and financial power; he has the influence to eliminate whomever he chooses. Ability: can block one person or one role each night.
- The Salesman: a shadowy, poetic freelance assassin who performs a lot of jobs for the Ladies, the Cops and the Mafia. Enforcer for Wallenquist. Ability: RID kill each night
- Becky: a young Old Town prostitute. She betrayed town folks to join power brokers; mainly because she didn't want her mother to discover that she was a prostitute, partly because she wants a considerable sum of money and a new life. Ability: can redirect one person each night
BETRAYER. WinCon: correct RID of all the members of either of the factions. She can submit a list of guesses for any one faction each night.
- Ava Lord: the dame to kill for. An ex-lover of Dwight McCarthy who manipulates men through her good looks and her supposed innocence. An expert liar. Ability: can choose one ability each night from Spy, RID KIll, Block and Redirect. Her winning ends the game.
Winning Faction Edit
- Aaryan - Roark
- Slick - Kevin
- Nana7 - Becky
- plasmid - Salesman
- Thalia - Wall
Wheeee! What a fun game. The beauty of it was that every team had the same amount of force in the Daytime. It really helped that DM was lynched D1 so as to clear me as a Broker and take out the best of the Town Folk. But that may have been countered by slick shooting Baddies in the foot by killing a teammate N1.
Day and Night Posts Edit
Ava was brutal, but she was never careless. "Know your enemies, and you'll know your friends", was her mantra. So, what about Marq, is she a broker of power or one among the town folks? Ava pushed her curiosity in the bag, and became attentive when she saw Marq coming out of her house.
Roark rarely said anything unless he had something to gain from it. Tonight he indicated to his PA that he doesn't want to see Fat Tony around. PA knew Roark meant it only for the night, so Fat Tony should be blocked.
Jon Hartigan knows a damsel in distress when he sees one. When he saw Aura out on the streets alone, he instinctively knew she will be in danger. He decided to keep his distance so as not to intrude, but made sure none can sneak up on her.
Salesman was coming back from office, when he received a call from Wallenquist. Someone had called him Wall-e and he was furious. He wanted Dwight out of the way. Salesman knew Dwight will be on the street, to meet nancy. He instinctively followed someone in an overcoat, but had to stop short when the person turned and Salesman got a glimpse of one of the girls.
Marv was out on the street, when he saw Aura coming in his direction. Be it a friend or a foe, Marv would know. He decided to give her a bear hug test, and hugged her real tight when she was at an arm's distance. Aura could feel her bones cracking while gasping for breath. Halfway through it Marv couldn't remember why he was doing it. He conclued since he was hugging Aura, so Aura must be an old friend coming to him to be protected. "Come to my home, you'll be safe until day after tomorrrow. What'll happen after that I don't know."
Kevin was out to hunt. I don't know what was going through his mind, and whether his next act was planned or random? But, shortly after Salesman left, he sneaked up on Nana and chopped her body into pieces.
Nana died N1, is it good or bad for me? This singular thought was doing rounds in the mind of every sane being in Sin City. Why would Kevin make a kill on N1 when he couldn't have known his team mates? Why certain people acted the way they did? Well, as the saying goes, "What happens in Sin City, stays in Sin City". How is anyone to know what happened behind the curtains, and why is it that Darth Mask got lynched, when Aaryan had the maximum votes?
With two (supposedly) bigwigs dead, scums quickly realized that they need to find allies in order to survive. Phone lines were quickly engaged all over the Sin City. Unfortunately, none was interested in taking the incoming call on second line. As a result, telephone operator was busy all night and still didn't earn any money.
Marv was walking out in open like any other day, when he felt a sudden urge to clutch plasmid in his embrace. When he felt a mosquito bite, he turned around to see Kevin who was trying to kill plasmid with his deadly chops, but wasn't quite able to connect because of Marv's massive figure in his way.
Meanwhile, Roark decided that Dwight may cause some discomfort to him tonight, and hence made the necessary arrangement to keep Dwight occupied elsewhere. Elsewhere, Nancy decided it was time to use her charms to make some lips part away. Soon, Nox was seen telling his entire life story to her.
Salesman got busy again, and this time he wanted to kill Ava. But, he was never quite able to figure out human figure, as street light quickly showed him he was following a guy instead of Ava.
Finally there was harmony in Sin City. Having realized that good/bad, true/false etc is all bull crap; people for once was relatively open about their allegiance. However, unsure of their numbers, they didn't want to be attacked by the other faction. This resulted in a lot of hushed talks that created so much buzz that everyone started feeling disoriented. Ultimately they decided to push their indecision onto KlueMaster, and asked him to deiced the fate of EDM and Aura.
KlueMaster, already having a headache, winced at this additional burden and reluctantly drew a coin from his wallet. He tossed the coin but someone diverted his attention with these distrusting words: "Mind recounting the votes?" WTH, what is there to recount between 3 and 3, only that it weren't 3 and 3 anymore. Someone had relieved the coin from the responsibility of deciding two's fate, and taken upon itself to decide who will survive and who won't.
Marv was slowly but steadily gaining popularity in the town for his instinct. He seemed to have singled out Kevin as his archenemy. Tonight, there was a repeat of last night's events between Marv and Kevin, just that the beneficiary this time was Nox. In other news, Dwight stalked Aaryan on his way home; and Roark invited a girl over, who decided it was better to lock herself in.
Lines were drawn. People had found their allies. Now it had come down to muscle power. Things were almost in deadlock, but Wallenquist used his voice to sway the resolve in favor of power brokers.
The night was brief. Salesman again missed his target (Hartigan); he is not getting any commission in this cycle either. Marv again proved his might when he hugged Marquessa thereby saving her from Kevin's killer chops.
With Nox's No Contest, the day ends early.
I'm also concluding the game, as factions and even roles for all players are pretty obvious by now to everyone (except EDM of course).
POWER BROKERS WIN.
After much consideration, I've decided to award MVP jointly to Marq and Thalia. However, if there is any restrictive condition towards a joint award, then I'll award it to Thalia.
End of Game Roster Edit
- Aaryan - Roark
- EDM - Jon
- Slick - Kevin
- Marq - Marv
- DarthMask - Miho - Lynched D1 by the might of secret forces
- Nox - Dwight - Lynched D4
- Nana7 - Becky - Killed N1 - Chopped into pieces by Kevin
- plasmid - Salesman
- Aura - Ava - Lynched D2 by a treacherous vote
- Thalia - Wall
- Fat Tony - Nancy - Lynched D3 by the might of secret forces
|List of actions|
No BTSC happened.