|Star Trek Mafia|
|Link||Star Trek Mafia|
|Size||14 Players (Medium)|
|Roster|| 1) Slick|
|First to Die|| Crazypainter & |
|Last Remaining|| 1) Slick|
It began on January 8th, 2011 and ended in an Romulan (Indy) win in N4 (January 16th, 2011).
This was a classical Mafia with 8 Goodies vs 4 Baddies, with a true Indy and an Indy who could choose sides.
- Day Rules: Tie lynch on day 1 means no lynch. Any other day it means random lynch among the tie.
- Night Rules:
- Order of actions: Trap > RID Kill > Save > Redirect > Kill > Block > Oracle> Steal action > Spy/Follow.
- Trap = Block + Save and stops a RID Kill
- All succesful actions are shown in the night-post, including spies and redirects (only the person that was redirected is shown).
- Other rules
- about vote-manipulators: Picard can make a vote (any vote) count x0, x1, x2, Dukat can make a vote (any vote) count x0, Sela can make her vote x1 or x2. Vote-manipulators are multiplicative and can interact - e.g. Picard makes A's vote x2 and Dukat makes it x0 then it's x0. Picard makes Sela vote x2 and Sela makes her vote x2 then Sela's vote is actually x4.
- Odo appears as a random Starfleet if spied by either LaForge or Weyoun.
- Odo only joins Dominion BTSC if he chooses to side with Dominion in N1 and he is spied by Weyoun in any night (including night 1).
- Female Changeling changeling ability is steal&gather ability. So each night she can choose to either to A) steal X's ability OR B) use a previously stolen ability. Regardless of the choice, she still appears as a random Starfleet if spied by LaForge (or Weyoun but that makes less sense).
- Picard's invulnerability at night is for Dominion night-kill, Thomas' kill, Ometiklan kill. He is still vulnerable to RID Kill.
- Picard's invulnerability at night cannot be stolen (but First Ometiklan's shroud ability can be)
United Federation of Planets / Starfleet
WinCon: Wins if all Dominion forces are dead (including Odo if he chooses to side with them).
- Captain Jean-Luc Picard (Human) - Action: Cannot be killed at night. His word carries weight (x0, x1, x2) depending on where he chooses to put that weight. Has BTSC with William Riker.
- Captain William T. Riker (Human) - Action: Plays the role of fate - can redirect one person at night. Has BTSC with Picard.
- Captain Ben Sisko (Human) - Action: Can block a person each night. If Worf dies, his block ability is replaced by a trap ability.
- Lt. Commander Worf (Klingon) - Action: Trap a player for the night. He has a 50% chance of finding out his role.
- Lt. Commander Data (AI) - Action: His logical reasoning serves him best, yet sometimes he needs a human’s gut-feeling to make him reach his target. (Oracle - He can ask the host two yes or no questions each night.)
- Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge (Human) - Action: Using his VISOR he can see people’s true colors, but only if he focuses on one area. (Spy one target per night)
- Lt. Thomas Riker (Human) - Action: Can’t help himself to take out people standing in his way (Kill)
- Lt. Julian Bashir (Human) – Action: He’s eager to use his skill to save someone even if they just met. (Save)
The Dominion – Have BTSC.
WinCon: Win by majority and only if both Picard and Sisko are dead.
- Female Changeling (Founder) - Action: Follows one person each night and assumes his abilities. Does not forget any stolen ability, but can only use one per night and only if she forfeits using her Changeling (steal) ability that night. If spied upon, she assumes the form of a random Starfleet player (Steal and gather abilities).
- Weyoun (Vorta) - Action: Can follow one person each night and learn his role. If he spies Odo, his identity is revealed to Odo only. If Odo already chose to side with the Dominion, he joins the BTSC. (Spy)
- First Omet'iklan (Jem’Hadar) - Action: Each night can choose to either draw his weapon and engage in combat with the enemy (Block) or "shroud" themselves, a form of camouflage that acts as a personal cloaking field (Invulnerable to kill). If the Vor’ta is dead, his ketracel white reserves will be depleted and his block is replaced by a Kill. If the Founder is targeted for a successful kill / RID Kill then Omet'iklan will die and take the attacker with him (but the Founder will remain alive)
- Gul Dukat (Cardassian) - Action: Can follow a target each night and tell which person they visited. He can “sweet-talk” someone during the day to forget his vote (Make one vote count x0)
Romulan Star Empire
WinCon: Successfully RID Kill 2 out of 3 secret targets selected by host before the game starts. If two of her targets are killed by others or is lynched, no new targets are added but ability and WinCon is changed: she can kill instead of RID Kill and can only win if she’s the last one standing.
- Commander Sela (Romulan) - Action: Can RID Kill at night. Her RID Kill takes precedence over both Starfleet and Dominion kill. Is able to make her vote count x2 during the day (only if she chooses to via PM).
WinCon: Win with the faction of his choice.
- Odo (Changeling) - Action: He must decide to join a faction (Starfleet or the Dominion) in N1. If he does not choose, the host will choose for him. He does not have a night action but as a Changeling has the ability to appear as a random Starfleet when spied.
- Blablah99 - Commander Sela
Day and Night Posts
( a cloaked vessel outside the Bajor system)
The Founder was looking out the window towards the point where the wormhole was. No traffic was to be seen. Vessels were patrolling the area and spy reports about a minefield had arrived a week earlier. She knew she was stranded in this quadrant for a while and would need to play all the cards at the right time to get the upper hand. She missed the Great Link and was distressed to spend so much of her time among solids. The doors hissed and Weyoun 5 walked in. She sensed him bow, then heard “Founder”. The Female Changeling turned around and faced her most loyal servant with a half-smile. “What news do you bring?”. Weyoun hesitated for a second “Our ketracel white reserves are sufficient for one more month. However our attempts to find the necessary ingredients in the Alpha Quadrant have proved fruitless so far.” “What about our new-found allies?”, inquired the Founder. “Well, Dukat is … stubborn, but manageable. His hatred towards the other powers in the Alpha Quadrant is genuine. I …”. “Good. Don’t forget that the leash needs to be tight. But not too tight, at least until we get reinforcements.” “Yes, Founder.” “And the Solids with pointy ears?” “The Romulans have rejected the offer to join the Dominion, however they have accepted a neutrality treaty. They demand some areas which are now under the control of the Federation and Klingon Empire.” “Good. Finish the negotiations. Promise them anything. They're so predictably treacherous. What about the other race?” “So far, our attempts to contact the Breen have been unsuccessful. In time, perhaps…” “Time is a luxury we may not have, Weyoun. Remember that. And the other search …” “So far, the Ferengi have not traded any more stories about any Changeling in the Alpha Quadrant. The only one known to us is Odo, but he is unreachable for now. He is stationed on Deep Space 9.” “Keep searching. And send in the First Omet’iklan. I have a job for him.” “Yes, Founder. As you wish.”
( a cloaked Warbird at the edge of the Alpha quadrant)
“Commander Sela. I believe the TalShiar operatives have briefed you with your mission.” “Yes, Praetor! I am to infiltrate command outposts along the Federation / Cardassian border, search and eliminate my targets.” “Good. The Empire’s status depends on those targets being eliminated. Both sides must be weakened to strengthen our position. You know what to do in case you are captured…” “Yes, Praetor!” “Good. Upon completion, await further instructions.”
( aboard the Deep Space 9 station)
Odo walked along the corridors watching the people around, sensing their mood, observing their behavior. Grim. That was the word that described everything. It dumbfounded him that criminality was lower than it had ever been. He passed several groups of people that were discussing in low voices. It seems conspiracies were still going on. He entered his quarters and stopped by the window for a moment. The wormhole could not be seen, but glimpses from the minefield and nearby patrols were seen as the station rotated. He still thought about the latest Starfleet report he obtained in the morning. Unconfirmed reports spoke of Changelings infiltrating among key Klingon and Federation stations and vessels. His thoughts ran to the message he received not so long ago. His people. Like him. His thoughts wandered for a while, and then he sighed and melted down in his bucket for the night.
(elsewhere aboard Deep Space 9)
“With all due respect, Captain …”, Sisko was pacing furiously. “That’s enough! Your orders are to assemble your crew and take the Defiant along the Cardassian border. You will rendezvous with a Maquis operative. Skeleton crew only. Picard looked at Sisko “Remember, Captain, this is a covert operation, we don’t want to provoke a large scale attack from the Dominion right now as the Alliance forces are still gathering.” Sisko stopped and glared at Picard. “Fine. I will take Lt. Comm. Worf and Dr. Bashir with me.” “Lt. Comm. Data and Lt. Comm. La Forge will be placed under your command for this operation. In the meantime, Commander Riker will assume command of Deep Space 9 and the Enterprise will be nearby at all times. And Captain,…”. Sisko turned. “Good luck!”
|Night 1 – "Captive Pursuit"|
|Lt. Commander Worf walked to his quarters after finishing practice in the holodeck. He had learned a new trapping technique and was anxious to try it out. He slept for two hours then awoke and stopped the alarm. He dressed his uniform and went out to find his first target. Slick did not expect anyone tonight and was caught unprepared for the double kick. He fell to the ground slowly. Worf carried him to a nearby storage room and leaned in to hear if his captive was whispering anything and maybe reveal something of importance. Nothing could be understood from his captive’s mumblings so Worf’s anger grew rapidly. He decided this part was a waste of time. He left him there in the storage room, knowing that the day-shift will find him there
Disguised as a Ferengi trader, Commander Sela boarded a vessel near the Cardassian / Federation border. No one would suspect a Ferengi looking for profit in times of war, and she had plenty of latinum to bribe her way through security. She was shadowing one of the her suspects after finding their route from a foolish security guard. Silently she waited until she could observe her suspect alone in their quarters through her Romulan spy device. After she heard a few conversations in the room, she was convinced the intelligence report was correct and proceeded to her target’s quarters. A brief struggle ensued, but Crazypainter had no chance as the Romulan operative injected the poison. Sela listened for a second, then picked up a few things from the chamber and left. One down, two to go.
First Omet’iklan checked his ketracel white private supply, then refreshed his dose. He had missions tonight and no distractions were allowed. The Founder had said that one target was to be removed, the other only blocked. He approached Maurice’s quarters and waited in the shadows of a bulk head. As soon as his target passed him, showing his back, First Omet’iklan hit him twice and the body limped to the floor. He checked for a pulse, then snapped the target’s neck just to be sure. He carried the body to the nearest storage room and dumped it in a container so no one will discover it soon. He looked around for any traces he might have left, then hurried to his next target.
The Founder had said that this target had to be blocked, but not killed. Keeping his anger in check, First Omet’iklan approached Golfjunkie’s quarters and waited outside. Soon enough his target came. The first Omet’iklan hit him once and felt the body limp to the floor. Carefully, he checked for a pulse. His estimations about this race’s limits was correct, target was just unconscious. He carried the body to the nearest bulk head and left him there. The Founder will be pleased.
Lt. Commander Data was alone in his quarters, going over intelligence reports and creating simulations using the computer. His skills allowed him to create several simulations and rule out two hypothesis quickly. Not everything was clear now, but at least two persons were ruled out as Dominion spies from their patterns of movements and behavior. More data would be needed for the others.
The Female Changeling finished giving orders and melted down for a while to rest. She had already decided who to follow tonight. She needed to get real close to be able to observe her target quietly and for a longer period of time in order to successfully impersonate him. Segul walked down to his quarters really tired, and went to sleep almost immediately. He did not notice the third table in the room, and by morning it had already disappeared.
Odo emerged from his bucket and slowly started to assume humanoid form again. His thoughts were clearer know and he had reached a decision. He must find the Founders. And their brutal plans must be stopped. He needed patience to achieve his goals and cooperation from Starfleet. Patience he had plenty.
|Day 1 - "Surprise Rendezvous"|
|The rendezvous took place over an abandon orbital station somewhere in the neutral zone between Cardassia and the Federation. Several known Maquis, former Starfleet officers, and surprisingly some Cardassian and Jem'Hadar awaited the Federation away team that beamed down on the station. It seemed that some elements within the Cardassian government along with an unknown number of Jem'Hadar warriors have started an underground resistance movement and had contacted the Maquis to negociate support from the Federation and the Klingon Empire.
Tensions were at a maximum, former enemies never sit quietly at the same table. Discussions began quickly as each party enquired if the others are behind the two assasinations that had occured the previous night, right before the meeting was scheduled. Within minutes, it became apparent that Maquis operatives and the members of the so-called Cardassian underground had probably been infiltrated by Dominion spies (possibly Changelings).
Accusations were thrown, some of them stuck. Firno and Slick were both accused to withold information. Each party used it's powers to manipulate the outcome of the discussions. Finally, as the day ended, a majority was reached and a plan was agreed. Firno, disguised as a Starfleet officer, was grabbed by the nearest people and brought forward.
The majority claiming he was a Changeling set their phasers on low and fired several bursts at him. As the phasers succeeded in breaking down parts of his molecular structure, Firno started to revert and melt down to his natural Changeling form. The attackers stopped.
Odo managed to shout his final words: "Treason! I never dared think you would dare kill a Changeling. I was a fool to side with you. You are no better than the Dominion ... blurp...". His voice faded away. All that was left of Odo, the only Changeling siding with the Federation Alliance, prime champion of Justice on Deep Space 9, was less than a bucketful of inert gel. It seems that at least one of his attackers had set their phaser on kill, and that had triggered a fatal chain reaction in the Changelings body.
A sad day for Justice in the Alpha Quadrant. And a blow for the Federation. In a grim atmosphere, all the remaining took quarters among the orbital station. And night came.
|Night 2 - "Ending the circle"|
Lt. Commander Worf went out to find his target tonight. He bumped into DarthLegion on one of the corridors. Darth Legion was caught unprepared and fell to the ground. Worf carried him to the nearest bulk head and leaned in to hear if his captive was whispering anything. From the unconscious whispers of his captive, Worf learned his role. Leaving him there, Worf went to his quarters.
The Female Changeling finished her new disguise. She had already decided who to kill tonight. She needed to get real close for her new ability to work. Golfjunkie was stading in his quarters planning a move, when a Starfleet officer asked to come in. He opened the door without suspicions, and was quickly stabbed through his heart by a sword forming from the Founder's hand. GJ died instantly.
The first Omet’iklan stalked his prey for a while, then decided to end it soon. Segul was cut down from behind. He never knew what hit him.
Data finished two more simulations and cleared up two more people that night.
Weyoun was out tonight, carefully disguised as a JemHadar traitor. He followed Framm for a while, then he nodded to himself. The patterns matched the file, he knew who Framm was.
|Day 2 - "The Revenge of the Solids"|
|The station was in frenezy when day came. Everyone was anxious to cast an accusation. The double kill the previous night made everyone nervous and jumpy. By midday, a decision was reached. The female Changeling had to be stopped. Footage camera of GJ’s death had made the
Starfleet officers mad.
Three targets were proposed, then voices started to argue toward Hirkala. At the end, a tie vote was suggested, but two people were against. They grabbed Hirkala and shot him with a paralyzing fluid, so he could be interrogated. Treason struck again! The seringe had been tampered and again they saw a body melt to the floor as the Changeling could not maintain molecular coherence. The Female Changeling had died!
With Odo lynched the day before, the Changelings were out of the Alpha Quadrant. But there were still Dominion forces out there.
|Night 3 - "Breadcrumbs"|
Worf went out to find a target tonight. His orders to not use deadly force, not even in self-defence, were beggining to irritate him. He found Benjer and ambushed him in a storage room. This time, he had replicated a primitive form of truth serum and injected his target with it. Either the serum was not working, or his target had been immune to it. Frustrated, Worf left him there.
Data was alone in his quarters, going over surveillance reports. New intelligence showed that there may be Romulan spies on the station. He ran a few behavioral pattern detection algorithms and he cleared two suspects.
Weyoun was out again in his JemHadar disguise. He found Vineetrika and started up a harmless conversation. A few catchphrases gave his target's role away and Weyoun was pleased.
|Day 3 - "A Warrior's Honor"|
|The remaining people aboard the station gathered in the central meeting room. No one had died last night, so accusations were targeted this time to the only one who was prevented the previous night.
After a while, Benjer rose to his feet. He knew he had to commit suicide eventually, for the Founder being harmed. No Jem'Hadar could live with that guilt, as it was buried deep in their genetic code. “I am First Omet'iklan, and I am dead. I went into battle to reclaim my life. I have failed you, Founder!”
The other's circled him and took away his uniform. The Jem'Hadar was marched to the brig, and after quick discussions, was sentenced to death. He had proven a worthy warrior, so Worf replicated a bat'leth and gave him the dignity of a warrior's death.
|Night 4 - "Alpha Quadrant-style Treachery"|
|Worf went out to find a target tonight. He was sure his target had to be stopped to prevent more killing. He found Slick and trapped him in a storage room. No more truth-serums this time. He thoroughly checked Slick with a medical tricorder and found out who he was.
Disguised as a Maquis operative with Vulcan heritage, Commander Sela was on the orbital station. She lay low enough so people did not really notice her. She was shadowing everybody hoping to find out if any of her two targets left were still alive. People kept dying aboard the station, so she had to hurry to claim her kills for the mission. Romulans did not give away promotions for half-accomplished missions, and she had a feeling the Romulan Tal Shiar probably managed to bug the station in advance. So, the kill should be her's alone. She planted a bug on Glycereine tonight and after a couple of hours she became convinced that he was one of her remaining targets. Indeed he was. A clever ambush on one of the secondary corridors and the Doctor lay in a pool of blood. Satisfied with her two kills so far, Sela packed up and left the station in an escape pod. 2 out of 3 was an acceptable accomplishment (the 3rd target had been killed earlier, before Sela could find it and it did not matter anyway)
Data was alone in his quarters, going over surveillance reports. He ran a few behavioral pattern detection algorithms and he found Sela, the Romulan spy and the remaining Dominion infiltrator. However that was too late, as the Romulan Spy had already finished her mission.
End of Game Roster
- Slick - Weyoun - Survived
- Hirkala - Female Changeling - Lynched D2
- Segul - Lt. Thomas Riker - Killed N2 by Baddies
- firno - Odo - Chose Goodies - Lynched D1
- golfjunkie - Captain Ben Sisko - Killed N2 by Baddies
- Framm - Captain Jean-Luc Picard - Survived
- Vineetrika - Lt. Commander Data - Survived
- DarthLegion - Captain William T. Riker - Survived
- Blablah - Commander Sela - Survived - WON - MVP
- Glycereine - Lt. Julian Bashir - Killed N4 by Romulans
- benjer3 - First Omet'iklan - Lynched D3
- Crazypainter - Gul Dukat - Killed N1 by Romulans
- maurice - Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge - Killed N1 by Baddies
- Social Darwin - Lt. Commander Worf - Survived
|List of actions|
Sela's secret targets:
Is Social_Darwin in the dominion group ? NO"