|Toy Soldiers 2|
|Link||Toy Soldiers 2 BTSC threads|
|Size||9 Players (Small)|
|Winning Faction||Huckleberry Row, Willowdew Lane|
|First to Die||Boquise, EDM|
|Last Remaining||Aura, Maurice, Okosan, Yuiop|
It began on April 11, 2016 and ended in a tie between Huckleberry Row and Willowdew Lane in Phase 3 (April 16).
Game Mechanics Edit
- There are three factions: the kids from Chestershire Drive, Willowdew Lane, and Huckleberry Row. Each player in the game is a kid who owns a set of toy soldiers that are like players in a regular mafia – all of the actions in the game are performed by and targeted on the toy soldiers (except the Kid stomp described below), and if a kid loses all of their soldiers then they leave the playground. Wincon for each faction is to have a majority of the remaining kids.
- Each player is assigned to a faction at the start of the game. There are no BTSCs to start, and players can communicate via direct player-to-player PM while cc-ing the host. If a group of three players wants to establish BTSC, they can PM the host to request it. If an established BTSC wants to bring more players into BTSC, a majority of the current BTSC members must request to have the new induct-ee join. There is no powerplay.
- In the first 48 hours, players can communicate and must decide which toys to buy. They each start the game with $20 and can buy up to 10 soldiers, and can buy multiple soldiers from each class if they want. Each soldier will get a name like "Bob" or something. After that, each phase is like a "night" phase with actions -- there are no "day" phases for lynch voting.
- OOA: Commando = Block > Redirect > Trap > All the rest (kills are not blocking, dying spies give results to their kid)
- An Engineer's block will not succeed against a Commando or Engineer
- A Radioman's redirect will not succeed against a Commando or Engineer or Radioman
- A Guard's trap will not succeed against a Commando or Engineer or Radioman or Guard.
- If multiple soldiers try to redirect the same target, all redirects will fail.
- Medics (or Commandos) can save Commandos even if their target is using a save, so Commandos can save self if they want.
- Rifleman ($4): Kill. The NP will only show "[Target soldier] was killed by one of [Kid]'s soldiers".
- Bazooka ($4): Kills three targets. The NP will show "[Bazooka soldier name] bazookaed [Target 1], [Target 2], and [Target 3]". If redirected, will only kill the soldier he was redirected to.
- Sniper ($2): KID kill – name the kid owning the soldier and you can kill it, unsaveable. The NP will only show "[Target soldier] was killed by one of [Kid]'s soldiers" and will not specify that it was a KID kill.
- Engineer ($1): Block, does not appear in NP. The kid owning the blocked soldier is told that their soldier was blocked. The kid owning the Engineer is not informed of success or failure of the block.
- Medic ($3): Saves from Rifleman and Bazooka kills, cannot save any Medics including self. If successful, the NP will just show "[Target] was saved by one of [kid]'s soldiers".
- Guard ($2): Trap – blocks and saves the target from Rifleman and Bazooka kills, cannot trap any Guards including self. The NP will show "[Target] was trapped by one of [kid]'s soldiers".
- Radioman ($3): Redirect, cannot redirect soldiers to self. Does not appear in NP. No one is informed about success or failure, or about the fact that they got redirected.
- Scout ($1): Learns the class of the soldier he targets. Does not appear in NP.
- Interrogator ($2): Learns which kid owns the soldier he targets. Does not appear in NP.
- Commando ($6): Can use any action. Unblockable, untrappable, unredirectable. Wears no underwear.
In addition to the soldier actions, each kid has a "Kid stomp" ability which is an unblockable and unsaveable kill – the stomped soldier WILL die.
Host's Summary Edit
Game Idea and Expectations Edit
Winning Faction Edit
- Aquila - Faction - Huckleberry Row
- Aura - Faction - Willowdew Lane
- Barcallica - Faction - Willowdew Lane
- Maurice - Faction - Huckleberry Row
- Okosan - Faction - Huckleberry Row
- Yuiop - Faction - Willowdew Lane
Day and Night Posts Edit
Phase 1 Chestershire and Huckleberry have both figured out their faction members and established BTSC.
Okosan is currently in the lead for MVB for coming up with the idea of getting all bazookas and wiping everyone else out in a Phase 1 apocalypse. Both of the birds did get three bazookas each.
With Willowdew, Barc spammed everyone in the game outing his faction. yuiop answered back that she's also Willowdew, and Barc didn't believe her because the reply wasn't enthusiastic enough :lamo: Aura was communicating at first, but hasn't sent actions for phase 1.
This game will go faster than I expected. I didn't think so many bazookas would be in play, and certainly not firing phase 1, because then they would be sure to get blocked or redirected or trapped and stomped the next phase.
As mo pointed out, 15 of the 35 remaining soldiers are Huckleberry including four bazookas. Chestershire is coordinated while Willowdew is not, and Chestershire took the brunt of the Phase 1 onslaught and only has 7 soldiers left. So on paper Huckleberry seems to be doing quite well. But Chestershire would be able to take care of Okosan and Aquila's bazookas if the Chestershire guard, radioman, and two commandos take actions that would neutralize the bazookas while the other commando kills and all three of them stomp. If so then Okosan and Aquila would be hurting but mo would still have a small army. Whether or not anything is left of Chestershire afterward would largely depend on where the stomps fall.
Willowdew established a faction BTSC by the end of phase 2. The soldier count is 6 Huckleberry, 4 Willowdew, and 1 Chestershire with Barc holding a commando.
At this point, Willowdew's (Barc's) commando can bazooka without being stoppable by Huckleberry's two engineers to kill three of the Huck soldiers while stomping the other three; the only way a Huck would survive is if mo's medic saves a bazookaed player instead of a stomped player.
Huckleberry has a rifleman and a sniper plus their stomps, which could be just barely enough to take out their opposition. Willowdew would have to hope yuiop saves someone who gets rifled instead of stomped.
Saab's in a tough spot. I wouldn't call it completely a kingmaker scenario since if all of the firepower of Huckleberry and Willowdew are focused on each other he might be able to survive the phase and end up tying.
End of Game Roster Edit
- Barcallica - Willowdew Lane - killed Phase 3
- Benji (Sniper)
- Casey (Engineer)
- Willy (Medic)
- Jose (Medic)
- Philip (Radioman)
- Rusty (Interrogator)
- Ryker (Commando)
- EDM - Chestershire Drive - killed Phase 2
- Carter (Bazooka)
- Ryu (Engineer)
- Craig (Medic)
- Abe (Guard)
- Cline (Scout)
- Ryan (Scout)
- Greg (Interrogator)
- Kelvin (Commando)
- Aquila - Huckleberry Row - killed Phase 3
- Nick (Rifleman)
- Lance (Bazooka)
- Iori (Bazooka)
- Bo (Bazooka)
- Kenji (Scout)
- Theo (Scout)
- Alaric (Interrogator)
- Okosan - Huckleberry Row - survived
- Raymond (Rifleman)
- Wayne (Bazooka)
- August (Bazooka)
- Colt (Bazooka)
- Ulysses (Sniper)
- Louis (Engineer)
- Spencer (Engineer)
- Dr.Saab - Chestershire Drive - killed Phase 3
- Gerald (Medic)
- Morgan (Radioman)
- Todd (Interrogator)
- Tony (Commando)
- Randy (Commando)
- Boquise - Chestershire Drive - killed Phase 2
- Kai (Bazooka)
- Donald (Sniper)
- Pepe (Engineer)
- Dante (Medic)
- John (Radioman)
- Amir (Scout)
- Leon (Commando)
- Yuiop - Willowdew Lane - survived
- Damian (Engineer)
- Vincent (Engineer)
- Adam (Engineer)
- Joey (Engineer)
- Ronald (Medic)
- Hoss (Radioman)
- Connor (Radioman)
- Alex (Radioman)
- Ralphie (Interrogator)
- Xavier (Interrogator)
- Aura - Willowdew Lane - survived
- Nate (Bazooka)
- Joshua (Sniper)
- Seth (Sniper)
- Andy (Engineer)
- Jeremiah (Engineer)
- Dustin (Medic)
- Dominic (Radioman)
- Marco (Interrogator)
- Rayvon (Interrogator)
- Maurice - Huckleberry Row - survived, MVP
- Jordan (Sniper)
- Logan (Sniper)
- Emilio (Engineer)
- Austin (Medic)
- Lucas (Guard)
- Chad (Scout)
- Carlos (Scout)
- Jeffery (Interrogator)
- Tim (Commando)
|List of actions|