|Size||11 Players (Small)|
|Winning Faction||5 Individuals: 4 Goodies & 1 Indy|
|Roster|| 1) Blablah99 |
|First to Die||EDM|
|Last Remaining|| 3) Hirkala|
It began on December 21, 2010 and ended in a individual win by some of the Goodies and the Indy in D3 (December 27th, 2010).
This was a complex game designed by Yuli where each player had an Individual wincon which had to be fulfilled before the player was allowed to leave the game and win. Factions were more loosely related and killed players did not win with their factions.
- Leaving the game: All WINCONs are to leave the game. In order to do so, each nation has a goal that must be accomplished. To leave the game, the player must sacrifice his night ability and declare that he wishes to leave the game (PM host at night). After this declaration, he must survive that night and following day. He will be allowed to vote, but his vote will count x0 at the end of the day. If he survives both, he may leave. Blocks do not prevent a player from leaving, but an imprisonment does. An imprisoned player must be freed before attempting to leave.
If a player attempts to leave without completing his assigned goal, he will be informed that he cannot leave only AFTER the night and day cycle have completed. In this case, his vote would still count in the lynch.
- Order of actions: imprison > invulnerability > save > kill > block > spy/message intercept / message transmission.
- Night Kill is stopped if target is imprisoned or saved. NK is also stopped if all surviving / still in the game members of the Secret Alliance are blocked or imprisoned that night.
- When a single faction manages to eliminate all other players, there's no one stopping them to leave the game, except if their WinCon is no longer possible to achieve.
- Tie Lynch Rules: D1 tie lynch=no lynch. Any other day tie = random lynch selected from the tied players.
Have BTSC and a night invasion (kill).
- China -- The size of the country allows for vote manipulation (x0, x1, or x2). Also, if China can successfully guess the Nation who is to receive a message from S. Korea, China may read the message OR replace it with a message of his own, but not both. WINCON: Secretly wants revenge for the destruction of Nanking. Can only leave the game if Japan is dead.
- North Korea -- Nuclear devices were just a cover for North Korea's top secret project: building a better Google Earth. They have satellites that cover the whole globe. Can spy 1 player per night, even if that player is dead. If they spy Russia, Russia learns their identity as well. WINCON: Doesn't like their Southern brethren and will do anything to see them eliminated. Cannot leave the game until South Korea is eliminated.
- Afghanistan -- Their dirty bomb threats and scuds keep a country occupied (blocked) for a night. If they target the US, their identity will be published that night. WINCON: They hold a grudge against Russia for their past occupation. Can only leave the game if Russia is dead.
- USA -- Can survive through countless tragedies. Cannot die at night. WINCON: As a firm supporter of democracy, the USA dislikes the idea of vote manipulation. Says one thing and does another--if they directly reveal their role, they are the next lynch victim regardless of votes. Has one RID guess per night. Must correctly RID China before leaving the game.
- Russia -- Has hundreds of satellites floating in space. Can use one per night to spy a player's role and target. If either the spied player or his target that night is NorthKorea, then North Korea also learns Russia’s identity. WINCON: Must spy one of the three baddies before leaving the game.
- Japan -- Has trained many ninja assassins and is known for their stealth and technology. If spied by North Korea, Japan will appear to be South Korea. Once during the game, at night, Japan can target a player. If that player is in the baddie BTSC, he is assassinated -- removed from the BTSC and replaced by a back-up. Any information the original player had is not transferred. If the target is not a baddie, he is still replaced by the back-up and no previous information is transferred. (Any actions for that night are likewise not transferred). WINCON: Must successfully assassinate one player before leaving the game.
- South Korea -- Has a hard time dealing with their pesky northern neighbors. Silently monitors activities and can tell which player targeted which nation (instead of the other way around). S. Korea can also send a message (through the host) to one Nation. The message will be delivered the following day. WINCON: Must successfully deliver two messages to friendly nations. The contents of the messages do not matter, as long as the messages were never intercepted by China. After the second message is delivered, S. Korea may leave the game.
- England -- Has worldwide influence among its colonies. Has no action unless the USA, Australia, or Canada (AUSCANUS) is/are dead. When one of those countries dies, England takes over the actions or abilities of that nation. Every night, England must choose only one ability to use from the available list. (Note: While America's invulnerability ability is passive, England must choose in order to use it). WINCON: Cannot leave the game until at least one of the AUSCANUS have left the game AND at least 2 of which are no longer playing UNLESS all three are dead. (For clarification, the only way for England to leave is if two AUSCANUS players have left the game OR if one has died and one has left the game OR if all three have died.)
- Australia -- As a penal colony, Australia can imprison one player per night, but not the same player two nights in a row. Imprisoned players cannot act that night or vote the following day. They hire Canadian contractors to guard their prisons. WINCON: They try to prove that they are just as worthwhile as their allies. Cannot be the first of the AUS/CAN/UK/US to leave the game (they can leave, however, if at least one of the alliance is dead).
- Canada -- Maintains that social healthcare is a benefit, even though they know it isn't. Saves a player on odd nights and kills on even nights. Learns the faction of players imprisoned by Australia. WINCON: Before leaving the game, Canada must either successfully save a team mate or successfully kill one of the Secret Alliance members.
- Sweden -- A rounded nation with nothing to contribute to war. Must choose two actions to replicate per night, but can only use the same set once per game and cannot repeat an action more than twice in a row. Message transmission or interception and assassination cannot be replicated. WINCON: Survive as long as possible. May leave the game only after at least 5 players are dead.
There were 5 individual winners - players who were able to leave the game without being killed and completing their individual wincons before leaving:
- Hirkala - Sweden
- Slick /Petrus - England
- maurice - Australia
- firno - USA
- golfjunkie - Russia
MVP - Hirkala
Day and Night Posts
|Eleven people awoke at the same time to find themselves in a dimly lit room.
A round doughnut table with 11 chairs was in the center of the room. Each of them began recognizing familiar faces, some of them friendly. Some of them were dressed casual, some were in their pyjamas. Shock was on almost everyone’s face. Chatter errupted almost instantly in all areas. Everybody wanted an explanation for their presence there. A few fists were even exchanged before…
… a flash ….
A hooded person appeared in the center of the table.
“Gentlemen, if you please have a seat, I’m sure we can find a more civilized way of talking to each other and …” “I demand an explanation!” said the President of the United States furiously while massaging his eye who had started to swell as he had just received a sneaky blow while trying to get to the British Prime Minister.
“You are in no position to make demands. Take a seat or be silenced permanently!” replied the hooded figure. Slowly, one by one, all the eleven took a seat at the table. “Gentlemen, I have been watching your past actions and I think I saw enough. Each of you recklessly plays with forces beyond his control in an attempt to win a global game with no apparent rules. You are endagering your species and all the other species. This non-sense will stop now…”
“… Your games of diplomacy are now obsolete. I’m replacing those games with a simpler game with close similarities to some of your historical events. I think it was called Mafia. You will have plenty of time to study it and come up with an adequate winning strategy. Nothing exists outside this room unless I tell you to. So you’d better start thinking for yourselves since you will be playing for your lives. And for your nations as well.“
“Getting you all here was an example of my powers. And your nations are not aware that you they're missing their heads of state. Don’t break any of the rules, or I will be forced to make other similar displays. I can at any time replace you with the next in line in your nation’s hierarchy, so unless you think that person is much smarter than you, I suggest you behave. Study the materials and learn how to play the game.This is your one and only attempt to win this. You will find confortable quarters along the hallway. We’ll adjourn in the morning!”
The hooded figure dissapeared. They continued to discuss for a while, suspicious glances were thrown, yet no one dared to break the rules. One by one they retreated through the hallway to their corresponding rooms. Studying was in order and after a while it became obvious that some of them have forgotten the notion long ago.
|The australian put the book back on the table and smiled to himself. He know understood why the little gadgets were still on him after all. The mystery hooded figure allowed him to use them. Could have used some field testing, but that guy from ASIO said it should work flawlessly. Hard to believe Canadians were able to manufacture that top-notch gadget before others, but who cares as long as it works.
He creeped around the corridors for a while listening to any sound, then carefully got one little robot from his pocket and pushed it under a door. The robot ticked for a moment then crawled into the room. "Would have been better to have the master control remote with me, but this is still better than nothing", he said to himself before returning to his room. Hopefully the Canadian had one, as the book suggested. If not, at least someone is blocked for a while. "Still need to remember what that guy said about frequent exposure for humans. Ah, nevermind, I'll just be careful to not use it on the same person too fast." The robot awaited in silence, waiting for any motion that would trigger his sensors. As soon as maurice tried to get out of bed, its systems activated. For a moment, a deafening silence surrounded maurice, then the door's electronic system fried. Everyone in the room would be out for a while. The robot crawled to maurice's body and took a drop of blood then started broadcasting. Somewhere near, the Canadian's control beeped once then started retransmitting to the nearest satellite. An answer will be in until daybreak.
The Canadian was looking for Hirkala tonight. He found him studying in his room and decided to keep an eye on his room, so that nothing happens to him tonight. He chose a poor lit corner in the hallway and started his watch. The night passed and nothing happened so he returned to his room to catch at least a couple of minutes in his bed before daybreak. He was so happy that he completely missed the swede who stood all night in the opposite, even less lit corner. Seems like Hirkala had 2 guardian angels the same night. Back in his room, he found that one of his beepers was still lighted. "Interesting. This is interesting indeed.", he smiled to himself "Knew those extra-funds and export policy push would pay off".
The Afgan studied the book for a while, then threw it away. He knew his mission and he had chosen a target for tonight. He finished writing the letter, then wrapped it up and went to the door he chose earlier. He slipped the enveloped then used his device to change the code on the door. Joe's Student will not be able to move for the night.
EDM was sound asleep when the North Korean managed to open the seal on the door. He crept towards the bed unheard. Not many weapons to choose from, but fortunately, the target had exposed its neck. "All that training, after all these years", he smiled. Not a single sound transpired from the room as he struck a single fatal blow. Slowly, he moved back to his room.
A few others chose to employ their spying devices tonight. All were unaware the Hooded Figure was watching them all. For the time being, he would not interfere and let their devices work. As long as they played by the book ...
|Dawn came and one by one, delegates came into the central room. Breakfast was already ready. They noticed two of them were missing only when the Hooded Figure appeared.
"Gentlemen, this day will look like your usual diplomacy game. Except that there is no veto. Oh, and one of you will be sent home at the end of the day. Not alive, I'm afraid. Or maybe not, that's up to you."
At first, it seemed that no one had decided how to use diplomacy in the context of the game. Their inability to make alliances out in the open and behind-the-scenes made some of them look like scared little children at first, too afraid to speak lest they attract too much attention to them. The Hooded Figure was partially amused by the situation, yet he decided not to make any changes that would break the equilibrium.
As time started to fly, more vigorous accusations were made and hunches started to turn into votting patterns. Questions were asked, answers were in, votes were tallied. One accusation stuck and with quite a few votes on him, one delegate snapped and pleaded no-contest to the accusations.
However, the Hooded Figure did not appear. After a while, they all decided to keep talking and make the best out of the day. More scenarios were proposed, possible alliances were openly discussed until the Hooded Figure appeared, right on time, and declared the day over. "Gentlemen, do you have a decision for me?". Quietly, DarthNoob rose and everyone around nodded.
"Very well, I will take the North Korean delegate with me. This day is officially over.", said the Hooded Figure, before disappearing with DarthNoob.
At the same time, maurice walked in: "What did I miss?". But no one cared much for talking right now. One by one, delegates left the central room wondering what would the night bring. Some of them were thinking of novel ways to use their allowed powers in this game, others were already starting to put their plains in motion.
|The australian was out again tonight. Plenty of gadgets left to use. The robot crawled underneath BlaBlah's door and found the nearest heat emanating target. As soon as BlaBlah started to move, the trap sprung. The robot crawled to his body and took the drop of blood then started broadcasting.
Somewhere near, the Canadian's control beeped once then started retransmitting to the nearest satellite. An answer will be in until daybreak.
The Canadian was looking for Segul tonight. He found pacing his room undecided. As he raised his eyes to meet his attacker, Segul looked surprised. The Canadian was too quick for him, his EM gun rendered Segul unconscious in a second. He moved and uncovered Segul's neck, draw out a seringe and finished the job.
The Afgan was out tonight with a double mission. He found Framm's door cracked and gently slid in. He waited in the shadows and just as Framm entered, he struck. "This infidel will no longer cause problems", he thought to himself and hurried down the corridor to his second mark. He listened for a while and heard breathing and a sigh from inside. He slid the envelope under the door then blocked it as usual. Maurice will not be moving for the rest of the night.
Somewhere else in the complex, a quiet American was contemplating the events of the day. He was trying his luck into narrowing down China by scribbling a table on a piece of paper. The table looked far from complete, but he decided he could would try tonight one of the possibilities. Just as he was about to go out to find the Hooded Figure, the figure appeared in front of his door. Nodding slowly. From left to right.
Less spying went on that night and almost in vain as the Hooded Figure had already cleaned out the bodies.
|Dawn came and one by one, delegates came into the central room. Breakfast ready as usual. The noticed long before the Hooded Figure appeared that three of them were missing this time.
"Gentlemen, this day I will take someone away so choose carefully. But since you did not bother to fill in the surveys I sent you, this day will not be extended in any way. Lesson: always fill in surveys! They might save your life someday."
Discussions started slowly on this day, as people were not sure what had happened the previous night. Accusations started early and puzzle pieces were gathered. But the center of the puzzle still remained unknown. And some refused to participate. Three votes were pinned on one of those that chose not to defend. And they waited for the day to end.
As the day ended, the delegates began to stir again. They all thought that the end was near and had plans for the future. "Is it over? Did we won?"
"Gentlemen, I see some of you have reached a decision. Very well, I will take Afghanistan with me", said the Hooded Figure and made JS dissapear with a flash. "As to your questions, I believe you all read the rules and know what I am allowed to and what you are allowed to. Night awaits you."
|The australian was out again tonight with another gadget from his collection. The robot crawled underneath Petrus' door and found the nearest heat emanating target - Slick. As robots cannot be confused by replacements, as soon as Slick started to move, the trap sprung. The robot crawled to his body and took the drop of blood then started broadcasting. Somewhere near, someone's control beeped once then started retransmitting to the nearest satellite. An answer will be in until daybreak.
Somewhere else in the complex, the quiet American was contemplating the events of the last days. Based on what he had heard, tried to narrow down China by scribbling his piece of paper. The table looked a step closer to being complete. Still room for the unknown, but he decided he this try would have better chances. This time, the Hooded Figure had to be searched for. He found him in the hallway and passed him the piece of paper. The Figure smiled and nodded slowly. Up and down.
Even less spying went on that night.
|Dawn came and one by one, delegates came into the central room. No one cared about breakfast anymore. They quickly glanced around and noticed that for the first time, only one of them was missing.
The Hooded Figure appeared, somewhat earlier. Even his glance was less dark than the first night. "Gentlemen, you know the drill. And by the way, let me wish you a Merry Christmas. Well, to be honest, one of you will not. And remember, there is no excuse from voting."
Discussions started very soon on this day, as people were almost sure of everything now. Confusion soon ensued when opinions were challenged and more outing ensued.
After lunch, with three votes pinning him down, one of the delegates renounced his previous arrangements and decided for an all-out attack. New plans were started, but the Hooded Figure felt he needed to intervene:
"Gentlemen, I see some of you have misinterpreted a rule: Imagine A and B are left and A decides to leave and B doesn't. Now imagine A and B vote for each other the next day. If both their votes count x1, it's a tie and I will flip a coin and A *may* win and leave. Hence, if he leaves and I count his vote as x0, he would not have been able to leave. Herein lies the paradox of that rule. Therefore votes count x1 until a player leaves."
A few moments later, BlaBlah realized that not even his best laid plans could not have gotten him of that situation. With sportmanship, China pleaded no contest and the day ended. The Hooded Figure took his hand and disappeared in a flash.
The remaining players looked at each other, then Hirk stoop up. "Gentlemen, it has been a pleasure to work with you. Without breaking the principles I stand for, I am looking forward to future cooperations. Now, if you'll excuse me, I believe I'll just show myself out." Sweden tried the door that appeared after the Hooded Figure left and smiled as it opened. "So long."
The three remaining players looked at each other: Australia, USA and Russia were able to leave tonight, with no obstacles in their way. They shook hands and returned to their quarters. Sleep will come tonight and tomorrow freedom will be earned.
What about England? Well, after waking up and reading the transcripts of the day he considered his two possibilities: Either allow for Aus and USA to leave and be able to leave the next night or kill one of them and still be able to leave the next night ... that was no choice at all. Too much blood was spilled already. Two more nights of sleep will do the trick.
End of Game Roster
- Blahblah - China - Lynched D3
- DarthNoob - North Korea - Lynched D1
- Hirkala - Sweden - Left after D3 - WON
- EDM - South Korea Killed N1 by Secret Alliance
- JS - Afghanistan - Lynched D2
- Framm - Canada - Killed N2 by Secret Alliance
- Slick /Petrus - England - Left after D5 - WON
- Segul - Japan - Killed N2 by Canada
- maurice - Australia - Left after D4 - WON
- firno - USA - Left after D4 - WON
- golfjunkie - Russia - Left after D4 - WON
|List of actions|