|UN Mafia II|
UN Mafia 2
|Link||UN Mafia II|
|Size||11 Players (Small)|
|Winning Faction||5 Individuals: 3 Goodies & 2 Baddies|
|Roster||1) Molly Mae|
|First to Die||Vineetrika|
|Last Remaining|| 1) Molly Mae|
|MVP||maurice & Molly Mae|
It began on April 9th, 2011 and ended in 5 Individual players winning ( 3 Goodies & 2 Baddies) in D3 (April 16th, 2011).
Game Mechanics Edit
This was designed using Yuli's game mechanics from UN Mafia, borrowing all the surviving roles from that instance (with changed abilities) and adding new ones. It was a 7 vs 3 vs 1 game, with the Indy being able to choose to side with either faction (which impacted his own ability and individual wincon). In an attempt to patch any end-game scenarios with players trapped in the game unable to fulfill their own individual WinCons, a fail-safe group wincon was introduced, which ultimately led to a controversial ending of the game.
- Tie lynch rules: D1 tie lynch=no lynch. Any other day tie = All tied players are lynched!
- Order of actions: Chronological (i.e. all rules are ">>"): Redirect >> Arrest (Imprison)>> Trap >> RID Kill >> Save player / Block NK >> Night Kill >> Block >> Spy >> Message Send/Intercept
- Night Kill is stopped if target is trapped, imprisoned or saved. NK is also stopped if Germany guesses the NK carrier or the NK carrier is RID Killed or trapped. Night Kill can be redirected.
- RID Kills can only stopped if target is trapped or arrested (imprisoned) (cannot be stopped by Germany's save or guess)
- Regular Kill (die-based) can only be stopped if target is trapped, arrested or saved (cannot be stopped by Germany's guess).
- Redirected spies will not be told they were redirected. Instead, they will receive the role of the person they were redirected to.
- Night-post will show only successful actions. Spies will not be shown (just hinted at).
- All WinCons are to reach an individual goal then leave the game.
- To leave the game, the player must sacrifice his night ability and declare that he wishes to leave the game (PM host at night). After this declaration, he must survive that night and following day. If he survives both, he may leave.
- After they submit the LEAVE action, the following day their vote is counted x0.
- Blocks do not prevent a player from leaving, but an imprisonment does. An imprisoned player must be freed before attempting to leave.
- If a player attempts to leave without completing his assigned goal, he will be informed that he cannot leave only AFTER the night and day cycle have completed.
- When a single faction manages to eliminate all other players, there's no one stopping them to leave the game. This bypasses individual WinCons.
Secret Alliance - Have BTSC and a night invasion (kill). NK must be assigned to a person.
- China -- The size of the country allowed it to send a replacement for the representative lost in the previous game. Can use electronic interception technologies. If China can successfully guess the Nation who is the recipient of a message from Spain, China may read the message (silent intercept) OR replace it with a message of his own (active intercept), but not both. During the day, may secretly change one vote. WinCon: Secretly wants revenge for losing face in recent games. Cannot leave unless both USA and Russia are dead.
- Argentina-- Wishes to restore its former glory lost in last century's war. Ability - Can spy on one player each night, learning their identity, and what they did that night. If spied upon, it appears as Spain. WinCon: Must spy England or vote for England before leaving the game. Only votes at the end of day are counted towards the WinCon.
- Iran-- Still walking a thin line, wishes to dominate and prevent other nations of controlling its neighbours. Ability - Each night can hire an external agent. Ability comes after a roll of die - 1. Block 2. Kill 3. Spy 4. RID Kill 5. Redirect 6. No action. WinCon: Can only leave the game if Israel is dead.
UN Alliance - No BTSC, No group abilities.
- USA -- Can survive through countless tragedies therefore cannot die at night on odd nights. Can RID Kill each night. WinCon: Must correctly RID Kill 1 baddie before leaving the game.
- Russia -- The size of the country allows vote manipulation (own vote) during the day (x0, x1, or x2) . Has hundreds of satellites floating in space. Can use one per night to spy a nation, even if that nation left the game or died. However their spying technology is easy to detect with the right equipment. If an alive member of the Secret Alliance is spied, the Secret Alliance will be notified of the fact that Russia spied one of them (and which of them), but will not be told Russia's identity.WinCon: Has to prove itself by tagging 2 baddies before leaving the game. Spying a baddie at night is counted as 1 tag (different spies, different tags). Voting for a baddie who is eventually lynched is also counted as 1 tag.
- Germany -- Its economic influence grows steadily which leads to an increase in political influence. Sometimes is forced to save nations in dire need, but would prefer preventing actions. Each night can choose to save a player or try to guess the Night Kill carrier. If Germany guesses correctly, the NK is blocked (but not the other action of that player).WinCon: Must save (successfully) a player or guess and block the Night kill to be allowed to leave.
- England -- Has worldwide influence among its former colonies. When one of the English speaking countries (US, Australia) dies, England takes over the actions or abilities of that nation. Every night, England must choose only one ability to use from the available list. After inheriting abilities, if Englands outs that one of the nations has died, it loses all the inherited abilities.WinCon: Cannot leave the game until at least one of USA and Australia have left the game or are dead and after it uses at least once one of the inherited abilities.
- Australia -- As a former penal colony, Australia can trap one player per night, but not the same player two nights in a row. The enhanced spy technology borrowed from Canada will allow the spy results on the trapped player to be redirected to both Australia and USA. WinCon: They cannot be the first goodie to leave the game - either one goodie must successfully leave or two goodies must be dead in order for Australia to be allowed to leave.
- Spain-- As a former colonial empire, Spain is still struggling to achieve a fraction of its former glory. Has connections to vast network of Spanish speaking informers all around the world which can be used to send a 100 character message each night to one of the nations (ROLE, not player). WinCon: Must send at least two messages successfully before being allowed to leave.
- Israel-- Distrustful of alliances, often finds itself in need of allies due to its neighbor's influences. Can redirect a target each night. If it does not act during the night, it can instead change a vote in lynch during the day. WinCon: Must redirect (successfully) Iran's action or change Iran's vote to be alowed to leave.
- Sweden -- A rounded nation with nothing to contribute to wars. From time to time, chooses to temporarily side with a Faction or the other, in order to protect its own interests. Can arrest one person each night and learn his faction. That person is imprisoned for following day, cannot post or be voted for. Sweden cannot die N1.
|Indy Secret WinCon.|
|Has to choose during N1. Choice will not be shown in the night-post.
Host's Summary Edit
Winning Faction Edit
Individual Win (based on completing individual WinCon and being able to leave):
- MollyMae - Argentina
- Thalia - England
- Shadow7 - Iran
- solman - Spain
- Marq - Russia
Day and Night Posts Edit
|Prologue - Once more unto the breach|
|Eleven people awoke at the same time to find themselves in a dimly lit room. A round doughnut table with chairs was in the center of the room. Most of them were dressed casual but shock was on almost everyone’s face. Everybody wanted an explanation for their presence there. Some had heard rumors of an experiment the previous year, but had refused to believe something like this could happen to them. Rumors were passed from one another causing indistinct chatter all across the room.
A flash ... A Hooded person, appeared in the center of the table, surrounded by a cone of light that shadowed his figure completely.
“Gentlemen, if you please have a seat, I’m sure we can find a way to answer your questions as quick as possible. Some of you have some previous information about a similar meeting that took place not long ago in similar circumstances. Consider yourselves pre-warned. Now take a seat or be silenced permanently!” said the Hooded Figure in a low, menacing tone. Slowly, one by one, all of them took a seat at the table.
“Gentlemen, some time ago, after being fed up with your reckless messing with forces beyond your control, I have attempted an experiment to stop the destruction you are doing to all the species on this planet. However ...", the Hooded Figure dramatically paused, "the results of your predecessors were below expectations. I was forced to correct those mistakes and find suitable replacements for the survivors of that experiment."
“ However, you all chose to continue your predecessor's line of actions, so I am forced to retry my experiment in roughly the same conditions. Only surviving nations from my previous experiment were admitted, along with some newcomers. My patience is wearing thin this time, so I have made some changes to the diplomacy game your predecessors played. The game is called Mafia and you will be given plenty of time to study the rules and come up with an adequate winning strategy. However, at the beginning of the game, you will find that you won't recognize certain people from your past. This is the only way to ensure a fair start for everyone!"
"Nothing exists outside this room unless I tell you to. So you’d better start thinking for yourselves since you will be playing for your lives and for your nations as well. Getting you all here was an example of my powers and you should not attempt to break any of my rules, or I will be forced to make other similar displays. I can at any time replace you with the next in line in your nation’s hierarchy, so unless you think that person is much smarter than you, I suggest you behave. Study the materials and learn how to play the game.This is your one and only attempt to win this. You will find confortable quarters along the hallway. We’ll adjourn in the morning!”
The Hooded Figure disappeared abruptly and the cone of light disappeared
As the Hooded Figure disappeared, they looked around to find complete strangers siting at the table. Their memories did not serve them adequately in associating faces with names or past events. As each of them tried to remember if they had taken a seat among friends, suspicious glances were thrown around. Some of them started reading the heavy Guides that were on the table, while others chose to retire to their rooms and read them in private.
|The Israeli had no idea who most of the people where, but knew he needed information fast. And allies. But information came first. Unfortunately, the only gadget he was allowed to keep was one used by special mind-breaking special forces. This would have to do for a while. He went out to the bar and scouted for a target. His eyes came across Marquessa. He gestured for another glass of champagne from the automated bartender and moved over to her table. Distrustful at first, the champagne provided the necessary ice-breaker. After all, not everyday you get kidnapped by a Hooded Figure. It's good to relax from time to time. As Marq's eyes were on someone who had just came in the bar, the Israeli turned his gadget on and fixed it under the table. He then began a conversation and carefully suggested that one of the others was clearly more suspicious than the others. Unconvinced at first, Marq left half an hour later with the conviction that she had wanted to do that all along. The Israeli smiled and went back to his room.
The Swede had studied all the things the Hooded Figure had provided him with. He pondered his odds and decided on a course to follow. He took out the secret toolkit hidden inside his jacket. Carefully, he drew one of the devices out. He had once seen a demonstration of the device's power. The device had 2 cylindrical vials inside connected by a thin barrier. The vials had two different substances, which were inert when separated. When the barrier trigger was pulled and device was shaken with considerable force, the barrier between the two vials would break and a chain reaction was started. He went out on the corridor and found his target's quarters. He listened for a while and heart a light snore coming from inside. The Swede kneeled down and checked the bottom of the door. Perfect, the device could be pushed under. He pushed the button that released one of the barriers then shook the device for 10 seconds. He pushed the device under the door and left immediately. A small bang was heard ... then a small hissing sound. Solman awoke and turned on the light. He looked around the room and saw that a new web of white stuff had covered the door. He tried to reach the doorknob but there was a thick layer of the white stuff covering it. He tried to cut it for a few minutes, to no avail. He pushed against the door. Fruitless. He was trapped in a window-less room. He tried the phone and a voice answered "Yes..." "Hey, there's a white ... something growing on my door. I can't reach the door!", "Well, that's the point! Sit tight. Relax. You got the day off!".
The Australian had skim read through the book. He knew the drill from his precedessor's notes. He took the gadgets out of his backpack and put them on the table. Sweet. He had someone in mind for his first target. He creaked the door open and check the corridor. No one was in site and the targets door was second to left across the hall. Two steps and he was there. He took the little robot from his pocked and pushed it under the door. The robot took five little steps, as his instructions said, then stopped and went on standby. As Molly tried to get out of the bed, the robot's system activated and a deafening silence surrounded him. He fell back onto the bed, unconscious. The robot took a drop of blood, ran it through the DNA analyzer and began transmission. When the transmission ended, he crawled to a corner and began to format itself. By daybreak, no information was left on him.
Quite a few of them have chosen to deploy their spying devices tonight. The Hooded Figure had left them some means of espionage. Of course, the Hooded Figure was omniscient and had already bugged their devices. As long as they played by the book ...
|At the break of dawn, all the delegates came into the central room. They counted only 10 of them. Uneasy looks were thrown but no one dared to break the silence during breakfast. As breakfast was finished, they retreated to different corners of the room. Some were speaking in a low tone voice, inquiring the others about their misterious abduction or the whereabouts of the missing one.
The Hooded Figure appeared. "Gentlemen, you are I hope familiar with this diplomacy game. It is simpler than your usual meetings. There is no veto this time. No complicated rules this time. You can talk all you want ... well ... for the next 24 hours. Use the buttons on the table and tonight, give me a name. One more thing, tied nations will be spared today, consider it a welcome gift." The Hooded Figure disappeared.
As chatter emerged, the Hooded Figure appeared again. "Yeah, and another thing ... Your missing colleague will serve today's meals in the brig. He'll be back when the day ends. Ignore him for the moment."
At first, they started to ask questions, uneasy in this new environment. As people seemed to dodge direct questions, side-debates started. The truth was that they were too afraid to speak up, lest they attract attention to them. Slowly, votes were cast and started to pile around. The Hooded Figure was kinda expecting the slow start and considered pressuring them somehow. But he dismissed the notion. He promised them a clean lynch for the first day. An equilibrium would be reached somehow.
As the day progressed, fingers were pointed in some directions more frequently. Thalia, Vineetrika, Maurice and Hirkala were all questioned. Under pressure, each slipped their own version of the truth. This confused things and with the clock slowly ticking away, delegates were suddenly uneasy to cast their votes on the wrong person.
The Hooded Figure waited for the dust to settle and made his appearance. "Gentlemen, do you have a decision for me?". Timid looks regarded him. He quietly took the votes from each of them, along with some hidden messages slipped between the votes. He quietly computed the result in his head, then: "Very well, it seems you have reached a decision. I will take Australia with me!"
Vineetrika rose up, cheeks red. "But why? I mean ... this is not fair!" The Hooded Figure nodded slowly: "No, it is not fair. But I'm afraid it is inevitable right now. Come with me!"
One by one, delegates left the central room, quietly wondering what would the night bring. Some were looking ahead to seeing their plans come together. Others pondered the day events to find suitable targets.
|The Swede had more devices ready, but was reluctant to use them all. He debated with himself if his choice had been right. After a while, headaches made him move. He went to another target's room and slid a device under the door. "This will either help. Or it won't. But I can't stand around doing nothing", he thought to himself. Hirkala awoke and tried to remember what he had planned for tonight. "Aw, right. Just need to ...", a small hissing sound and the door was completely covered in white stuff. "... Aw, man. I hate it when people mess with my door." He tried for the rest of the night to find another exit from the room, but he could not even find an air duct.
The Brit had found new tools on the table next to his bed. Interesting. He read the manual carefully then decided he should use one tonight. He cracked the door and studied his target's movements on the corridor. As soon as he saw his target move into the room, he took out one of the little gadgets and pushed it under the door. Marq was moving inside the room, so the little robot's sensors were activated immediately. She heard a loud sonic bang then fell to the floor, unconscious. The robot took the drop of blood, analyzed it and proceeded to self-destruct.
The Iranian was watching his target from the bar. He saw his target drinking more than usual and sighed to himself. "Bond-type. Phew". He left the bar earlier and opened Framm's quarters. A quick glance in the room and he chose the perfect ambush place. He hid behind the curtains and waited. Soon enough, Framm entered and left his keys on the table. As he dropped on the bed, dizzy, the killer lunged and struck. His body was not to be found till morning.
Spying was still their favorite game that night. The Hooded Figure watched and smiled.
|Discussions started slowly on this day, as people were not sure what had happened the previous nights. One of them was more vocal than others and tried to piece together the pieces of the puzzle. Others questioned his motives, if not his moves. The center of the puzzle remained largely unknown.
Most were scheming behind scenes, using their private channel established by the Hooded Figure. Questions were asked, rules were skim-read again, boundaries were pushed. All in all it was a good day for talks. But this was not the UN. Talks are not everything in this game, as the Hooded Figure had intended all along. As the day ended, the delegates began to stir again in anticipation. They all had plans for the future and all depended on today's voting outcome.
"Gentlemen, I see some of you have reached a decision. Very well, I will take maurice with me", said the Hooded Figure. "As to your questions, I believe you all read the rules and know what I am allowed to and what you are allowed to. Night awaits you."
One by one, the remaining nations left the room. Some schemes were now thwarted, some plans were still in motion. The bar should be crowded tonight.
|The Swede had a plan for tonight. He needed to catch a certain person for the night. He went to the bar, ordered a drink and surveyed the rest of the delegates. After he saw some of them leave, he decided to set his plans in motion. His device worked as usual and curr3nt was left stranded for the night and day.
Spying still went on, as the devices were in almost unlimited supply.
|The Hooded Figure had been a little surprised to the turn the discussions had taken in the bar that night. He had already confirmed to two delegates that their plans might work, and he knew that there were only two possible outcomes for the day ... He summoned the fallen delegates in the Purgatory and asked their opinion as well. Satisfied, he went back to his popcorn. "A mass-abstain it will be, if they really want that. They are hurting themselves."
The curr3nt Swede was watching the others from afar, through a device that the Hooded Figure had provided. He had made his own arrangements for the day and was planning fall-back strategies if the day would not go as planned ... little did he suspect...
The Hirkamerican had abstained from using his skills at night. He was suddlenly seeing peace as a possible option ... he should have known better ...
The Germany GolfJunkie had not even tried to guess this night. It would have been in vain ... he should have done it in the first nights ...
The Russian Marquessa despite being redirected, had managed to tag two baddies at night ... she was looking forward to a peaceful end of the game ... rightly so ...
El Sol of Spain had managed to fool them twice as well ... he never risked more than he had to ... and was also free to look forward to the future ...
The English Thalia had finished packing and smiled ... she had done what was expected of her ... some mysteries did remain ... but all in all, that was a pleasant experience ... albeit short ...
Iran and Argentina chuckled all the way ... no one had figured it out, yet. It was their right to leave, yes, their lost camarade had paved their way. But to fool the others in the open like this, this was something, really something.
The Hooded Figure summoned all of them in the central room. They each came, one by one, ready to go, hopes up. "Ladies and gentlemen, today was rather ... unexpected. Still, I had my share of people who did not read the rules nor asked about them, so it wasn't completely unexpected." Some exchanged glances, not sure what this long introduction meant for their situation. "As you have asked, abstaining is not punishable. But letting your opponents leave is. To be precise, eliminating all the other players never ever covered letting them go live happily ever after on a tropical island. I'm quite surprised you thought that. Or never bothered to ask. I even thought you were gonna slow-play it and flash-vote at the end..." the Hooded Figure looked at USA and Germany. "... but I was wrong. You did this to yourselves."
"Congratulations, Molly and Shadow, you have managed to fool them and both of you earned your leave. You know the ending already, so you are free to go ... "and the Hooded Figure motioned and transported both of the members of the Secret Alliance to the promised tropical island. All theirs for the future.
"Thalia, you are also free to go right this moment. Also, two more of you will be able to join Thalia soon enough, as you have both finished their jobs. The rest of you, I'm disappointed with! Your jobs can never be completed now.", the Hooded Figure motioned again.
End of Game Roster Edit
Hooded Figure: Araver
- MollyMae - Argentina - Left after D3 - WON
- Hirkala - USA - Trapped in-game - LOST
- maurice - China - Lynched D2 - LOST
- Thalia - England - Left after D3 - WON
- curr3nt - Sweden - chose to side with UN Alliance - Trapped in-game - LOST
- Framm - Israel - Killed N2 - LOST
- Shadow7 - Iran - Left after D3 - WON
- solman - Spain - Left after D4 - WON
- golfjunkie - Germany - Trapped in-game - LOST
- Marq - Russia - Left after D4 - WON
- Vineetrika - Australia - Lynched D1 - LOST
|List of actions|
Explanation of WinCon completion and leaving status: