|UN Mafia III|
|Link||UN Mafia III|
|Size||7 Players (Small)|
|First to Die||plasmid|
|Last Remaining||Thalia, Molly Mae, bonanova|
It began on February 18th, 2017 and ended in a Indy win in N3 (February 26th).
Trimmed down to 1 vs 5 vs 1
- NP shows invasions (kill), protections (saves) and quarantines (trap).
- DP shows lynched players (no hint if the vote was manipped.
- Tie: D1 no lynch, D2+ all players in tie are lynched.
- OOA: Night invasion (kill) >> Blockade (block) > Quarantine (trap) > Protect (save) > Regular invasion > Spy
- Blockade / Quarantine will be told to the players regardless if they had an action that was blocked or not
- Regular invasion can be blocked, the SA night invasion cannot be blocked, only saved from
- Sweden's ODTG RID veto cannot be blocked or saved from as it happens instantly
Secret Alliance: Wincon - Last standing
- China -- The size of the country allowed it to send a replacement for the representative lost in the previous game. Each night chooses a player to target and remove from the game. Action is unstoppable except via save. Will use its electronic interception technologies to find out the identity of the target if target is saved. Once during the game (ODTG) can remove a vote.
UN Alliance: Wincon - Last standing.
- USA -- The size of the nation and its offensive capabilities, demand it acts but not two nights in a row. Chooses to invade (kill) on even or odd nights at the beginning of the game. Must invade on said night, if no target is drawn it is randomly selected (cannot invade self).
- Germany -- Its economic influence grows steadily which leads to an increase in political influence. Sometimes is forced to save nations in dire need, but would prefer preventing actions. Each night can save a player but there's a 50% chance that this backfires in which case Germany loses its vote the next day.
- Russia -- Has hundreds of satellites floating in space. Can use one per night to spy an alive nation either to see who targeted it or to see who that nation acted upon. Once during the game (ODTG) Russia can instead get lucky and find out a player's true role.
- United Kingdom -- Has worldwide influence among its former colonies. Once per night it can blockade a country, but not the same country twice in a row. Blockading stops any day or night action except for ODTG actions and the Secret Alliance's night invasion.
- Australia -- Has an interesting choice of possibilities due to its cultural diversity. Has 4 agents at its disposal, each can be used once: 1. Add 1 extra secret vote, 2. Remove a vote, 3. Protect (save but cannot be cast on self), 4. Break quarantine (used during the day can make the player quarantined by Sweden able to vote and be voted for).
- Sweden -- A nation with nothing to contribute to war and naturally inclined to peace. From time to time, may choose to temporarily side with a Faction or the other, in order to protect its own interests. Each night can quarantine a country but not the same twice in a row. Quarantine acts like a trap - saves from kills / invasions and renders the target neutral - unable to vote the next day or be voted for (but can speak). Once during the game (ODTG) can veto out a country (RID Kill) at any point during the day or the night, but will forfeit acting the next night if that happens. Sweden cannot die N1 (NK attempt won't appear in the NP). Wincon: Outlive two secret countries and the Secret Alliance. Stops game if successful. Must be alive at the beginning of the next phase in order for "outlive" to be counted. Secret targets are drawn at the beginning of the game and are known only to Indy.
- Thalia - Sweden
Day and Night Posts
|Night 1: Once more unto the breach. Once more?|
Seven people awoke at the same time to find themselves in a dimly lit room. A round doughnut table with chairs was in the center of the room. Most of them were dressed informally and as they surveyed their surroundings some tried to remember where there were the previous day. Yeah, everybody pretty much wanted an explanation for their presence there. Some had heard rumors of experiments in previous years and some had witnessed them but memories were fickle at best. And most had refused to believe something like this could happen to them (again). As rumors were passed in whispers from one another the chatter increased across the room.
A flash and a hooded figure appeared in a mist in the center of the round table, surrounded by a cone of light.
"If you can have a seat, I'm sure we can find a way to answer your questions as quick as possible. Some of you might already know where I'm going with this ... but I'm afraid that lessons were not learned, so he we are again.", they heard from the figure. One by one they moved towards the table, eyes cast on the figure.
"Sometime ago, after being fed up with your reckless messing with forces beyond your control, I've attempted to ... mend the ends so to speak. While it worked for a little while, the situation has taken a turn for the worse recently and I find myself again unable to stand idly and watch. So hear me out!".
"You are playing for your lives and your nations interests as well. Out of this room, you'll find color coded rooms. Don't mind the empty rooms. Inside your room you will each find a safe that only opens with your fingerprints and iris scans. Inside the safe an envelope with instructions. Study them wisely and remember time is scarce. Also, nothing exists outside of these rooms unless I tell you. We’ll adjourn in the morning!"
The Hooded Figure disappeared without a sound and the doors squeaked open by themselves. One by one, they retreated to find their quarters.
The Secret Alliance member was watching his target from across the bar. As he watched his target order another round of drinks he sighed. "Yet another Bond". He left the bar twenty seconds after his target and walked towards faking a dizzy step along the way. As Plasmid stopped at his door and glanced over the shoulder, all he saw was someone trying to find balance. Key in door, he heard the blip from the door opening followed by the crush of a body against the floor. "Are you OK buddy?" he asked turning around slowly ... but as his eyes began to take in the sight he felt a tingling in his neck. As his hand tried to reach up towards the place his brain wanted investigated, his own brain played a trick on him. It surely wasn't that big of a ... he fought to finish that thread of thought as he collapsed to the floor, caught by hands that muffled the sound. His body was not to be found till morning.
The Swede had studied all the things the Hooded Figure had provided him with and pondered his odds. He had to be subtle about it, cause no one actually wants peace with both arms open. He went off the corridors and to the fifth room on the corridor. Cautiously he sprayed the content of one of the vials in his toolkit to the doorknobs and heard a small puff as the metal liquified. Maurice won't be joining tomorrow's talks. Except via Skype but that wasn't counting as present nowadays.
|Day 1: One vote?|
"Gentlemen, do you have a decision for me?". He quietly took the envelopes carrying the votes and tallied them in his head. "Very well, it seems you have reached a decision. I will take UK with me!"
|Night 2: Animated Barriers|
The australian agent pushed the book back on the shelf and smiled to himself. Three hours of study and now he knew how to operate those little robots. No longer afraid of IoT wonders, he programmed this one to erect a forcefield around at a given time. Then set it around in the hall where it crawled towards Flamebirde's room.
As the chinese agent moved towards his target his senses picked up an eerie low sound. Stopping by his target's door, he tried to unlock it electronically. Sure enough it clicked, but it did not open. As he tried again and again, Flamebirde opened his door and froze with a shoe in hand. The agent moved his hand to his concealed silenced weapon but Flame reacted and shot his half polished shoe towards the gun. As it hit the agent, his hand jerked on the trigger. Flame rolled to the side, but no bullet went through. They both saw it floating in the air hanging like an insect caught in amber. They've been aussied. The agent recovered first, grabbed the shoe and the gun and ran across the hall, dumped his clothes in a closet and sneaked back into his room. He mumbled and shot dark glances at the mirror. No one likes to be thwarted by gadgets. But his lips crooked into a smile as he removed enough electronic equipment and data from the shoe to figure out who Flame was, then went to sleep.
The Swede had another vial from the Hooded Figure ready come nightfall and took extra care on spraying the contents to the doorknobs of his target. Sure enough, Thalia won't be joining tomorrow's talks.
|Day 2: Conundrum|
The Hooded Figure had been a little surprised to the turn the discussions had taken that day. All in all it was a good day for talks. But this was not the UN. Talks are not everything in this game, as the Hooded Figure had intended all along. As the day ended, the delegates began to stir again in anticipation. They all had plans for the future and all depended on today's voting outcome. And yes, China was out! Maurice was cast from the table and before he reached for the door ...
An envelope was cast towards Flamebirde. Cautiously, he opened it up and read the words written on it "I Sweden, hereby veto you as Germany!". Mumbling under his breath, he stood up and went after maurice.
The remaining delegates stood baffled with the result wondering if they did anything wrong. "Not really or more accurately the lesser of two evils is yet another evil. But it's in the game, is it not?", he smiled at them. "Please join me in welcoming the leader of the new UN council, Thalia! Peace be with you!"
End of Game Roster
- Thalia - Sweden
- bonanova - Australia
- Molly Mae - Russia
- Flamebirde - Germany - RID Killed D2 by Sweden
- maurice - China - Lynched D2
- MikeD - United Kingdom - Lynched D1
- plasmid - USA - Invaded by Secret Alliance N1
|List of actions|