|When the Mafia Cry|
|Link||When the Mafia Cry|
|Size||12 Players (Small)|
|Roster|| 1) Fox|
|First to Die|| 4) Lost in space|
|Last Remaining|| 4) Lost in space|
It began on Jan 5th, 2010, and ended in a Mafia & Indy win on N2-2 (Night 2 in Timeline 2).
12 Villagers - allegiances are kept secret: 3 are (secretly) Mafia, 1 is (secretly) Unfortunate, 1 is (secretly) Queen Carrier.
Also, the game has a non-linear timeline, as there is a possibility to restart the game.
- There are 3 roles that are Mafia and have BTSC. The Mafia are unknown at the beginning, and are only revealed when lynched. The Mafia may choose to kill a player each Night, and must choose one mafioso to carry out the kill. They also may choose to perform the Sacrificial Ritual on their victim. However, they only have the supplies to perform the Sacrificial Ritual once per timeline, and when the supplies are used up, they cannot perform the ritual until time resets. The Mafia also have the resources to manipulate the results of a lynch once in the entire game and choose the revealed affiliation (Mafia/Indie/Innocent). Additionally, if the QC is still alive, the Mafia have the ability to lay a mine at any location on the roster each Night, and anyone who visits that location on the roster will be killed.
- There is 1 Innocent role that is the Queen Carrier (not necessarily a female). The QC carries a hormone that suppresses the effects of a virus that infects the entire village. If the Queen Carrier is killed in any way without performing the Sacrificial Ritual, Oy-sama will turn back time to the beginning of the game, and everything is reversed (except information). If the Sacrificial Ritual is performed and the QC dies and the game continues, the Innocents will start to feel the effects of the virus, and they will start to go insane. Their actions will have a N/10 percent chance of being randomly redirected, where N is the Night/Day cycle. Players will not be informed if their action was redirected. The QC cannot be killed Night 1.
- Additionally, there is 1 Independent role, the Unfortunate, who has been driven by events beyond his/her control beyond the brink of madness and kills Villagers every Night, in order to kill a certain Villager. However, since events are determined by chance, each time time is reset by Oy-sama, the events are different and a different Villager is affected, i.e. a different Innocent becomes the Unfortunate and the old Unfortunate returns to being an Innocent. Each new Unfortunate had a new target for their aggressions. If the Unfortunate succeeds in his/her win condition, it will be announced, but if the QC is still alive, the identity of the Unfortunate will not be and the player will not leave the game, since the Unfortunate win can be erased if time is reset. *Whether the Unfortunate fails or succeeds in their win condition, they do not lose their Unfortunate ability for as long as they remain in the game.
Roster location dynamics: Each player's location on the roster is the location of their "house" in the village. Any role that acts on a player, with the exception of Rena (who works on bodies in the morgue and then chooses a "house" to bury the parts at) and Irie (who abducts the player during the Day), acts by visiting the player's house.
- Rena: Each Night, may choose to dismember a body (of a dead player, of course), and bury the right arm at any location on the roster.
- Oishi: Each Night, may choose to dig at any location on the roster. He learns of the faction status of any an all right arms left there (although not the identity of the body).
- Takano: At any time, but only once per time line, may choose to fake her own death. She may choose which faction to appear to have been killed by in the Night Post, and she will appear dead on the roster, although she still may be acted on by any roles that choose to do so. Any Night afterward, she may choose to "return to life" the following Day.
- Shion: Any Night, but not two in a row, may choose to kill a player. If Mion dies before her, she will be given the choice of switching roles and becoming Mion for the rest of the time line. If time is reset, returns to being Shion. If Shion is Mafia, she may choose to perform either her role kill or the Mafia kill, but not both on the same Night.
- Mion: Any Night, but not two in a row, may choose to protect a player from death. If Shion dies before her, she will be given the choice of switching roles and becoming Shion for the rest of the game. If time is reset, returns to being Mion.
- Satoko: Each Night, may choose to lay a trap at any location on the roster and find out the identities of any players who visited.
- Akasaka: Each Night, may choose to investigate and discover the role identity of any player (but not faction).
- Tomitake: Each Day, may choose to question around and discover the names of all the players who visited the Night before within a +/-1 radius from any living player on the roster. He receives the information after the Day Post, so the player must survived the Day.
- Dr. Irie: Each Day, may choose to abduct a player and put him under observation for the Night (must PM me before the Day ends). The player will be protected from death. The player may be acted on and act, but Irie will see any roles that act on the observed player and the target of the observed player. Cannot abduct the same player two Nights in a row, and cannot abduct himself (obviously).
- Keiichi: Each Night, may choose to persuade a player not to take action.
- Rika: Each Night, may use her priestess powers to see the action of any role on a previous Night (does not include faction-specific actions).
- Kasai: Each Night, chooses a player to protect with his life. If that player dies (in any way), Kasai will die for them. The original player's death will not be shown in the Night Post (it will just appear as if the player playing Kasai was the original target of the death in the first place). *Kasai's ability will only activate if the player in question will actually die.
- Lost in Space - Mion
- Surge - Takano
- JarZe - Tomitake
- Seahorse - Unfortunate (in timeline 2)
Day and Night Posts
|Night 1-1: The Full Wormage|
|Mafia Worm 1, codename "Steak and Cheese", scoots (scrunch, scrunch) over to its designated position, JarZe's home. It glances around and in an cutesy cartoon voice, snickers, "hehe". Out of his artillery, it selects: "Mine, 5 sec delay", which he drops and promptly scrunch, scrunches away.
Walking...err, I mean scooting, along the sidewalk, Dawg notices an Old Woman crossing the street alone. Good samaritan that he is, he rushes over (with his newly acquired Fastwalk). "Here, ma'am, let me help you."
The Old Woman doesn't reply, but continues mumbling something unintelligable under her breath. Too late, Dawg notices that there's a bubble with a timer coming out of the woman's side. "5...4...3...2...1..." BOOM
[Dawg is swimming with the fishes.]
Shion ninja-ropes over to the home of LIS. As she is hanging from a rafter, she sees Keiichi come out the front door of LIS's house with a satisfied grin on his face. After he rounds the corner and is out of site, she drops down onto the doormat (which instead of "Welcome", says "Get Lost"), and peeks through the slit in the open door, to see LIS skipping rope and hence his turn. She shrugs and pulls out her special weapon from her jacket, a Holy Hand Grenade (3 sec delay), which she tosses into the house before escaping with the aid of her mad ninja-roping skillz.
3 seconds later...HALLELLUJAH!
[LIS lies on the bottom of the sea.]
Mafia Worm 2, codename "Saus and Mush", is just about to jet-pack away, when out of the blue a blue-grey utility box drops in front of it from the sky. It eagerly scoots over to pick up the prize: Damage*2. "Exxxcceeelllent." It squeals. Just as it's reveling in its own good luck, another gift from the sky arrives, this time a brown square crate. "What do we have here?" it muses. It picks it up, and then its tiny eyes glow red. "Muhahahahaha..."
Surge, as usual, minding his own business so innocently, suddenly realizes there is a shadow looming over him from above, and the size of the shadow is increasing rapidly. He looks up just in time to see what appears to be large slab approaching him with the inscription "If you can read this, you're about to be squished by a giant @$$."
Sure enough, moments later, Surge was pounded (albeit cutesily) into the ground by a Concrete Donkey.
[Surge sank like the titanic.]
|Day 1-1: Foxscotch|
The Villagers search for a clue.
Three, Four, Attendance at Town Hall is poor.
Five, Six, Slowly the attendees make their picks.
Seven, Eight, A few try to get discussion going too late.
Nine, Ten, They resign themselves to doing it again.
|Night 2-1: Something Wicked This Way Come|
(Scene: Outside CL's house. She is watching television, when Mafia 1 steps out of the shadows.)
Mafia 1: All the world 's a stage, and all the men and women merely players. They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts.
CL: The world is grown so bad, that wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.
Mafia 1: Conscience is but a word that cowards use, devised at first to keep the strong in awe.
CL: Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once. Of all the wonders that I yet have heard, it seems to me most strange that men should fear; Seeing that death, a necessary end, will come when it will come.
Mafia 1 (getting angry): Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
If you have tears, prepare to shed them now.
CL (looks at audience): Good Night, Good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow, that I shall say good night till it be morrow.
Keiichi: A peace is of the nature of a conquest; for then both parties nobly are subdued, and neither party loser.
Sparrow: Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.
Keiichi: If to do were as easy as to know what were good to do, chapels had been churches, and poor men's cottage princes' palaces.
If you can look into the seeds of time, and say which grain will grow and which will not, speak then unto me.
(Curtain closes on the two as they continue bantering. Moments later, curtain opens again and it is morning.)
Sparrow (shaking his head): I wasted time, and now doth time waste me.
I were better to be eaten to death with a rust than to be scoured to nothing with perpetual motion.
|Day 2-1: Back to the Beginning|
|As the village clock ticked down the final seconds of the Day, it looked like it would be left up to a coin flip. But the wise and weary wizard decided not to leave the decision in the hands of destiny. He made it final: It would be Einkil.
Einkil was silent and stoic as he was led up to the gallows. Never did he attempt to utter a plea for mercy, even when the noose was placed around his neck. Instead, his eyes stared straight ahead with an eerie serenity, as if resigned to what would happen next.
The executioner stood to the side and shook his head in disgust as he pulled the lever to release the trap door and send Einkil to his demise, and...
The world, as if made of glass, suddenly shattered into innumerable pieces. The pieces rained down through the darkness of space and time into a purple-pink vortex, where they were sucked up into the center of the funnel and released onto the other side, where they swirled around in a bluish mist and finally came together to form a new blue sphere. Inside the ephemeral orb, all the villagers were restored to their homes and their lives of the beginning and the village clock began to chime once more...
|Night 1-2: Deja U|
|As Dawg approached the intersection, a strange sensation settled over him. It was as if he'd been here before. Not just "here" as in this intersection, but "here" on a deeper level, in an almost transcendental sense.
His gaze fell upon the Old Woman crossing the street. His inner boy scout immediately pushed him to help her, but there was something else inside him that seemed to try to hold him back, a deep sense of foreboding about the events to come. Abruptly the Old Woman tripped and fell, and his inner struggle ended. He ran forward to help her...
As Sparrowhawk rounded the corner of Prof. T's house after completing his intended task, he congratulated himself on a job well done. He was just considering whether to reward himself with a nice, juicy, expensive steak, when he stepped forward and heard a click. Puzzled, he looked down. Moments later, his budget, along with the rest of him, was blown up by the mine placed there earlier by Steak and Cheese.
The Queen Carrier was just about to round a corner of Prof. T's house, when he was thrown back by the force of an explosion. After several minutes, he managed awkwardly to pull himself upright and dust off the debris from his clothes. Wow...he had been lucky, barely avoiding the brunt of the blast. It was as if a higher power (*cough* like the Village Guardian, Oyashiro-sama), had been looking out for him on this Night of Nights...
Fox happily skipped over the hopscotch squares while her mind was lost in thought. She looked down just long enough to notice a banana peel lying on one of the squares that hadn't been there before. Silly mafia, she thought, you think you can get me to slip on a peel and break my neck? With a contemptuous giggle, she expertly hopped over the square...
...and landed in the next square, where the piezoelectric detonator for the Banana Bomb had been placed.
|Day 1-2: Shi Found Shishells By the Shishore|
|(The Japanese tend to pronounce the "sss" sound as "shh"...there's this one Japanese group that sings a rendition of "City Boy"... )
Seahorse: Happy Birthday, JarZe. In the famous words of Marie Antoinette: "Let them eat cake!".
JarZe: Why thank you, Seahorse. In the famous wordlessness of Marie Antoinette's Excecutioners:
(What, me? I'm not bitter about being lynched on my birthday at all... )
|Night 2-2: Thirteen Upon Midnight the Village Clock Chimes|
Keiichi tiptoed along the outer wall of Furude Temple, until he reached the gate. When he glanced inside, he saw Riranor drinking out of a chalice and then pulling out a menancing-looking long stick. I made it just in time, he thought to himself. He stepped forward assertively and called out "You don't want to do that..."
"No, you don't," interrupted another voice from the other side of the gate. Out of the shadows of the awning stepped Surge, with a strange smile on his face.
"Surge! Why are you here? Are you here to help me stop Riranor from performing an evil deed?" Keiichi inquired in surprise.
The shifty-eyed one chuckled. "Why do you trust me so much?" he asked, his shifty eyes gleaming in the moonlight.
"Well," Keiichi replied confidently. "Because you were killed by the mafia, which means that you are innocent..."
"True..." Surge mused, stroking his chin. "But...actually, I wasn't. The body they took to the morgue was a fake, some poor sucker who was at the wrong place at the wrong time...the face was destroyed so that no one would know the difference. And of course, I altered the dental records beforehand, which I conveniently had access to due the fact that I am a nurse and all."
Einkil's brows furrowed. "But...but...if you weren't really killed by the mafia...why was there no mafia kill...unless..."
Takano savored watching the terror slowly creep into Einkil's face as the truth dawned on him. "Yes, that's right..." she said slowly, licking her lips. "There was no mafia kill...because I instructed them to call it off...to help me establish my cover."
Riranor, who had frozen in bewilderment when he caught sight of the unexpected intruders, suddenly dropped the stick, which Keiichi saw now to be decorated with strings that were hung with white flags. It was a priestess's divining tool. Then Riranor crumpled to his knees and began clawing at his throat.
"Oh..." Surge added nonchalantly, as he checked his manicure in the moonlight. "I poisoned the holy water earlier tonight. I didn't expect it to take this long to start having an effect, but I guess Rika has a strong stomach."
Einkil stared at his adversary warily. He gulped. "Are you going to kill me?"
Surge shrugged. "Yeah...eventually. We didn't make the necessary preparations toNight, what with it requiring hanging you up on a specially-made frame and cutting your stomach open with a sacred dagger and all, so we'll probably do it tomorrow." A maniacal grin spread over his lips. "You can't escape...thanks to you coming out, we know where you live."
Timed perfectly as if by a higher power, the sound of an explosion rang out and the sky became reddened with fire, further enhancing the hellish quality of the triumphant look on Surge's face. He sneered as he remarked, "Oh, that must be Prof. Templeton blowing himself up on the mine we placed at Seahorse's house. It was very considerate of him to tell us where he was going to be toNight..."
Shion quietly dropped down in front of the entrance to the Irie Clinic and stealthily bypassed the security protocols. As she made her way into the interior, she heard the sound of Rossbeemer's voice, talking on the phone. She approached the sound.
"Any signs of suspicous activity?" Ross asked the head of the Yamainu, the task force for the Irie Institution. "No? Good, good. Keep your eyes on the peeled."
Shion waited until he hung up to speak. "Well, perhaps you should take your own advice."
Startled, Irie nearly fell out of his chair as he looked up. "Oh, Mion, it's you. What are you doing here this late at Night?"
LIS shook his head. "No...I'm no longer Mion. I've decided that Shion had the better life...and I'm taking it now that she's gone."
Dr. Irie shrugged. "Okay...well, whatever. It doesn't matter. Everything's going exactly as planned." He smiled to himself contendedly.
"Oh, really?" LIS asked with a note of contempt in his voice. "Then perhaps you have too much faith in your plans. Like always, you're trying too hard to do things 'by the book' instead of thinking for yourself. You realize that the mafia would never waste an attempt on the Queen Carrier with so many saving roles potentially alive, right? But you still chose to waste your resources on him, instead of protecting someone who really needed it...and that will be your downfall."
Confusion and fear spread on Rossbeemer's face. "What are you saying, Mi-I mean Shion?"
But the assassin formerly known as Mion said no more. Instead, she did what she now did best.
A few minutes later, Irie's phone rang...and rang...and rang...
"Sorry, we stopped by the gallows to make sure it was up and ready for us to hang Cherry Lane on toDay." LIS replied.
JarZe grinned, placated by thinking about the delicious crunch of CL's neck as it snapped. "Well...I guess we're done then?"
Surge smirked. "Yep...we've won."
And with those words, the village clock struck thirteen.
End of Game Roster
Timeline 1 (ended D2 with a restart):
- Fox - Satoko - Lynched D1 in T1
- Einkil - Keiichi/Queen Carrier - Lynched D2 in T1 which triggered the reset
- Cherry Lane - Rena / Unfortunate in T1
- LIS - Mion/Mafia - Killed N1 in T1 by Shion
- Dawg - Kasai - Killed N1 in T1 by Unfortunate-1
- sparrowhawk - Akasaka
- Surge - Takano/Mafia - Killed N1 in T1 by Mafia
- Prof. Templeton - Oishi
- seahorse - Shion
- rossbeemer - Dr. Irie
- JarZe - Tomitake/Mafia
- riranor (StarTiger) - Rika
Timeline 2 (ended N2 with a Mafia majority):
- Fox - Satoko - Killed N1 in T2 by Mafia
- Einkil - Keiichi/Queen Carrier
- Cherry Lane - Rena
- LIS - Mion/Mafia
- Dawg - Kasai - Killed N1 in T2 by Unfortunate-2
- sparrowhawk - Akasaka - Killed N1 in T2 by the Mafia mine
- Surge - Takano/Mafia
- Prof. Templeton - Oishi - Killed N2 in T2 by the Mafia mine
- seahorse - Shion / Unfortunate in T2 - Lynched D1 in T2
- rossbeemer - Dr. Irie - Killed N2 in T2 by Mion
- JarZe - Tomitake/Mafia
- riranor (StarTiger) - Rika - Killed N2 in T2 by Mafia