|Link||Game thread: Zodiac Mafia BTSC threads|
|Size||17 Players (Large)|
|Winning Faction||Fire, Air, and Vine (indy)|
|First to Die||Slick|
|Last Remaining||Curr, Slick, Boq, David, Brainy, Framm|
|MVP||Framm and Vine|
Zodiac Mafia was a game designed and hosted by EDM based on own design.
It began on May 5, 2013 and ended in a Fire, Air, and Vine (indy) win in D9.2 (May 26).
Game Mechanics Edit
The players in each BTSC will have one of these actions, of which they can choose either option from their action (i.e. can use the same action as many times as s/he wants; role framer does not need this...):
- Spy or asking a Y/N question
- Kill or RID Kill
- Resurrect or RID Resurrect
- Role Framer - can frame a person to look like someone else; if it is successful, the framer gains a x0 or x2 vote manip ability on any one person's vote for that day...kills means the frame is unsuccessful...
- Powerplays are allowed, to reduce inactivity...undecided, but possibly final actions to be posted in ORANGE, final actions in RED...
- Tie wins are allowed if it's 2 factions or 2 Indies, although Indy wins do not end the game...
- Questions in the game to be asked in PURPLE, coz turquoise is already taken for host answers...
- Frames affect Y/N and Spy...spy will not know if they have gotten the wrong role...
- Kill affects Resurrect, but not frame or spy...however, if the person is dead, there's no point of giving a success/fail/answer unless the person is resurrected again...tongue.gif
- I will post Kills, Resurrects....
- In case of tie votes, no one dies...
- If RID actions take place and is successful, then the target's role is revealed in the NP...if it's a normal kill/resurrect, there is no role reveal...
- Lynches have no role reveals...
- If a sign dies/is lynched, they lose their BTSC unless resurrected and re-recruited. However, they will not have any action. If they are killed/lynched again, they leave the game completely...
- If the indies have not been recruited before death, they lose their faction wincon unless RID resurrected successfully and recruited by the next night...
Recruiting & BTSC stuff..
- Recruits are considered if 2/3rd majority decides to vote in a player...
- A player can also request (via PM'ng the host), to be recruited into a BTSC of choice, which 2/3rd majority of that BTSC should agree to...
- All recruit requests/votes must be posted in TEAL
- Only player name will be given to the BTSC once recruited, not the role...you can choose to reveal the role in your BTSC, if you wish...
- If request is accepted, the player will join the BTSC in the next cycle, i.e if the request is accepted at night, the player joins the BTSC in the Day phase, and vice versa...
- Players can be in maximun 2 BTSCs
- If the player is already in one BTSC and has the opportunity to join other BTSCs i.e. by majority votes or request, the player can choose between the BTSCs, i.e. S/he will decide which faction to join. Those who get recruited will have their roles kept secret by the host unless they choose to reveal them... (this may be confusing, so you can ask me about it if you don't understand...)
- No more than 4 can be in a BTSC...
- The request to get recruited expires after 2 cycles, i.e a day and a night...
- There are 12 signs, known by 4 factions...
THE FIRE ELEMENT:
- ARIES March 21-April 19
- LEO July 23-August 22
- SAGITTARIUS November 22-December 21
- Wincon: kill off Earth and her elements
THE ELEMENT AIR:
- GEMINI, May 21-June 21
- LIBRA, September 23-October 22
- AQUARIUS, January 20-February 18
- Wincon: kill off Water and her elements
THE ELEMENT WATER:
- CANCER, June 22-July 22
- SCORPIO, OCTOBER 23-November 21
- PISCES February 19-March 20
- Wincon: kill of Fire and his elements
THE ELEMENT EARTH:
- TAURUS, April 20-May 20
- VIRGO, August 23-September 22
- CAPRICORN December 22-January 19
- Wincon: kill off Air and his elements
The four elements (earth, wind, fire, water) will be four players at random (i.e. no BTSC), until recruited into a BTSC; once recruited, they are allowed to choose one action from the above, which will then become part of their role.
- They also are to send me a list of RIDs by PM every night & day, whether recruited or not...they can send as little or as many of the RIDs as they want, but only one PM per night and one per day...
- Ophiucius is separate; he can choose to kill, resurrect or spy anyone. He can join any BTSC and win with them as an element, or he can play as an Indy.
Indy wincon: An Indy (Ophiucius and the elements) have 2 wincons to choose from...
- they can join a BTSC and follow the faction wincon (However, the four elements can only win with their natural faction, i.e. even if air is recruited into Earth BTSC, Air can only win with Air, unless it's a tie win...)
- They can correctly RID guess all roles (by PM) and leave the game by winning as Indy...
- Indy win does NOT end the game, only faction win ends the game, so chillax
Indy roles (5): Earth, Wind, Fire, Water, Ophiucius
Host's Summary Edit
Game Idea and Expectations Edit
|EDM's Post Game Commentary|
Ok I really need to give you all my views on this game, especially since y'all need to know how significantly the game could have changed to only ONE faction win, as I kept having all possible scenarios in mind, except for this one...
The good bit...
Here are the points:
First, Congratulations to the winners. I'm really glad y'all worked together and formed an easy joint win. You do deserve it.
Vine, CONGRATS!!! you did your best, and left when you were sure that there was not much more you could do. I really admire your actions, where you knew who everybody was, but only left when you could do no more...
Earth and Water, you guys really worked hard, even though you didn't win...but you were sooo close, and I really have to admire your fighting spirit where y'all still tried to find a way to get in actions and work together. I'm very happy to note that y'all were very close to winning...and you guys did your best...:
Vommack, you couldn't fulfill your purpose, but you did your best while you were alive...I don't regret you being the chaotic Indy as I'm so sure you had a great plan in mind...whatever you did manage to do was very helpful in the game...Thank you
Next, You guys have to thank Nana...she was the sole reason that the game went as smoothly as it did; otherwise I would have probably lost it...Thanks a lot, Nana...
And finally, Thanks Pm...I know you may feel that you didn't do much, but every little thing counts, and I thank you for helping me out with all the IGM stuff...
I was really happy with the co-ordination and contribution form each and every one of you...even when y'all didn't have an action, you guy helped your teammates who did have an action, and guided them. Even with the Day voting, y'all were more active than I expected, and so Thank you for that...
The Indies: I'm so proud of you guys for working so hard!!! Nana & I had an account of all the RID lists y'all sent, so I was impressed by how quickly y'all worked to either get into your BTSC, or get noticed by your BTSC, or try to win Indy, etc. I mean, there was lot of activity, and I'm so happy that you guys took time to play and make this game a near-enough success...
The bad bit...
Here were the points:
First, you guys have to understand that it was all my fault if things went bad. I should have been very clear with the rules from the beginning...I also should have paid attention and analyzed every single scenario, which I'm really sorry to say, I didn't. Again, I'm really sorry...
Second: As per the above, you know I'm proud of you guys. However, the scenarios I had in mind included accurate RID actions...i had hoped that, by outing the enemy, it would have made things easier for factions to win and Indies to figure out all the RIDs...again, i know it was my fault, so sorry.gif
Also, the spies and the Y/N questions...I had counted on the Y/N questions, which never showed up...personally, i was a bit upset, since it would have meant faster outing of enemies and allies...sad.gif
Next, the Role Frame. This is definitely my fault, since most of the Role Frames couldn't work since I had made it so that it only affects spies...EPIC FAIL on my part!!! palm.gif...Even then, those who DID get the working role frames didn't realise that they had a vote manip ability and could have used it at any time in the game...Not a single person used it, and it was my fault for not reminding y'all as I should have done, being the host and all...
Then, the resurrects and recruits...now those went well, except that those who were part of the BTSC and died and were resurrected, were not allowed to get recruited again! Do you know how bad your BTSC mates must have felt when they realised that they were declined from entering their own BTSC? Especially when they had valid info to give you? I only felt bad for them...
Also, the colour codes...I think I shouldn't have been too hard, especially since y'all took time from your busy schedules to play from phone and internet cafes, etc...but the problem was that I kept confusing questions as actions and recruits as questions, and couldn't tell the difference between a sentence and a doubt, and kept blundering the actions, so I had to keep re-checking everything, which made me post late and answer you guys sometimes...Again, I'm really, really sorry I messed up and was harsh on you guys...sad.gif
If there were more issues, i can't remember them...But overall, it was a good game, and all of you did your best...Congratulations to ALL OF YOU!!!
I can't choose an MVP, since it was a team effort, though if y'all elect someone, I'll be glad to make that player an MVP..
Posted later after player input:
THE JOINT MVP GOES TO Vineetrika & Framm18, for their commitment to the game, and their hard work and dedication which helped them achieve their respective wins...
Winning Faction Edit
- Vine - Earth
- curr3nt - SAGGITARIUS
- Slick - ARIES
- Brainy - LEO
- Boquise - GEMINI
- David - LIBRA
- Framm - AQUARIUS
Day and Night Posts Edit
|Zodiac Mafia: The Reign of the Elements...|
Millions of years ago, when people first showed up, the wars of the elements had caused a lot of changes in the Milky Way. Then, the four sibling elements (Earth, Fire, Air, Water) felt that it was time to come together and form a truce, to prevent more hatred amongst themselves. They got together, and as a symbol of their peace treaty, they all created special stars, which they aligned to create into constellations (which we know as Zodiac signs), in order to balance the reign of each element over the galaxy. Although all four contributed their powers to create the constellations, each Element chose to add a bit more of their powers into 3 constellations each. So, Fire created Aries, Leo & Saggitarius; Air created Gemini, Libra & Aquarius; Water created Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces; And Earth created Taurus, Virgo & Capricorn...However, in order to make sure that none of them broke the peace treaty, they put equal amounts of their power and created a final constellation - Ophiucius.
These 12 constellations were a source of comfort to the siblings, who kept their truce for many years...However, they put too much trust in each other, for the constellations, being young and volatile in temperament, soon began to misunderstand and mistrust each other, such that they began to fight against each other, claiming that they alone should guard the Milky Way...The elements tried to convince their chosen constellations against the terrible consequences of their actions, as they had experienced before, but secretly, each Element felt that their stars were in the right. So, pretending to be friendly with their siblings, the Elements, using their stars, began the continuation of the old feud...Ophiucius, who held equal powers of all the elements, was the most 'sane', and hence believed that he alone could stop this war. But first, he had to join the ranks of his creators, the Elements...
|Day 1: And then we were 2 less...|
The Stars and Elements got together to avenge Slick...however, they knew almost nothing about anyone...since many were quiet and were too worried to give their vote, those who voted decided that Vommack should leave. They weren't sure, but they decided that it was for the best...
|Day 2: The coin stays vertical...|
The constellations were angry; 3 more were dead, and no one had any idea who was responsible. Fingers were pointed, confusion was created, and in this mess, 2 were chosen to be kicked out. But then Zodelle stepped forward and declared that she was too busy to care about getting rid of a 'puny star'. So, in the end, no one was destroyed, and the Zodiac war continued...;P
|Day 3: The sea bird's gone...|
No one could really get over curr3nt and MiKi's deaths...The constellations were visibly upset, although they were happy to see 2 more stars resurrected...Well, all felt that Segul was to blame; and he was unable to defend himself, which made him the obvious killer. And so, Segul was literally kicked out of the heavens, where he fell to Mars...and stayed there, flating just above the land, but never reaching ground...
|Night 4: Star-struck murders...|
Lahiem was at his post, scanning for anyone crossing his path. Presently, he saw Scorpio crawling around with murder in his eyes. Without warning, Scorpio attacked Lahiem...although he fought with all his might, the Scorpion's venom overcame him and Lahiem was dead...
Marq also had a similar death...Libra was on a killing spree again...He struck Marq with the screws on his scales...Blood spewed out, and Marq was dead...
|Night 6: What a weird one this has been?|
oh yeah, Lahiem is alive again.
|Night 7: Earth's Reward...|
While all of the Zodiac were laying down powerless, a single warrior glided to a secluded spot near Zodelle's Arc in the Sky, where Andromeda dwelled. Zodelle came down and saw Vineetrika remove her mask, and a wave of green and brown and gold adorning her, as she became Earth.
"I have it, and I wish to leave, for I cannot bear to see any more of my own destroyed."
Zodelle took the scroll that Vine had given her, and she read it.
"You know?" she asked Vine.
"I know.", Vine replied.
"Then you need not go to war. You are free. Farewell..."
|Day 8: Bye Bye, Kitten!|
End of Game Roster Edit
- Lahiem! - VIRGO - Lynched D7 Dead
- Gnan - PISCES - Lynched D9.2 Dead
- curr3nt - SAGGITARIUS
- Slick - ARIES
- MiKi - CAPRICORN - Lynched D8 Dead
- Boquise - GEMINI
- David - LIBRA
- Marksmanjay - Water - shot with arrows D6
- Vommack - Ophiucius - Sent Away D1
- mew - Fire - killed by Libra N2 by Libra
- Brainy - LEO
- Framm - AQUARIUS
- Marq - TAURUS - Lynched D9.2 Dead
- TheMAFIACube - Air - lynched D4
- Vine - Earth - Won and left game N7
- Blablah - SCORPIO - thrown into space D5
- Segul - CANCER - lynched D3
|List of actions|